TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys. I have removed some links and some posts that didn't meet TOS. If you are not getting to a link it is because we spotted a problem and removed the post. 10-4?

I'm intrigued with BD's "distancing" herself from "firsts" in the situation:
1. She had DD call MB making him the FIRST to hear that HD did not go there
2. She had DD tell CD that HD was missing.
3. She had CD call LE (or so she thought) to make the first contact with LE
Lots of avoidance?

Do you mean that if Hailey told her father she was going to spend ONE night at her mother's house, he should not have felt she was in a safe place for even ONE NIGHT and day??

That boggles my mind, the poor child.

Well apparently she wasn't...:(

Well 50 mi hr winds making me want to crawl under the covers. Maybe tomorrow the big break will come. GN everyone.

Sorry but I don't believe a father should go down a list of reasons he should not do what the mother of his daughter asks him to do especially since that daughter has not been seen since the day before and did not got to any of the places she was supposed to have gone to. And maybe BD did not go directly to the police because she had no reason to think CD was not doing that since she asked him to. Or maybe he had his personal reasons he didn't want to go to the police station that afternoon. jmo

Billie asked Clint to go to the police station?

Your post just made me think of something about that 2 pm text. What do you think the chances are that someone, SA?, could have used something like Spoof Caller ID, I think it's called, to where you call someone but can have your number show up not as your own but someone else's?

Do we truly believe he is that smart? or would think of that? the same guy that put himself in the position of 'the last known person' to see Hailey? just sayin....
:crazy:
JMO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

I do want to clarify the conversation:

If you notice, when BD replies about seeing Hailey in her room watching tv, it goes with the conversation above it when NG asks when the last time BD is positive she saw Hailey. At that point she is talking about 10:00 p.m. on that Sunday night when BD saw her in her room watching tv, then BD switches to her looking in Hailey's room on Monday morning.

Thank you Curiousc!!!!!!!! I'm not sure now how to interpret it. If y'all think it's pretty clear she was only talking about Sunday night and then kinda leaned it into Monday morning and the tv was not at all part of the Monday morning story, I'll delete my post. Gracias...

UPDATE: I reviewed it all again - I think it's clear that Billie was only talking about the tv on Sunday night so I deleted my 2 posts. THANK YOU CURIOUSC!!

Nah, we've never been given any information at all about what's on that video from the Dollar Store or Alco Dept store on 12/26 day time (except that Hailey was there, of course). We know from several articles that LE told Clint about the surveillance tapes on Sunday and assured him she was there. They also offered to let him watch all 30 days of the hotel surveillance to assure himself she was never there.

I'm curious about whether Hailey was alone, what she purchased, what time it was, etc...in regards to the Sunday tapes. But not a word has been released. Imo, there's something pretty important on those tapes for them not to be released, something that could jeopardize the investigation by tipping off a POI or something like that.
Has LE verified the info about the surveillance tapes? I can't remember. I don't think CD is lying, but I'd be more comfortable accepting it as fact if it was verified.

I think in the case of spoof caller ID, the text would show up on MB's phone, but it would NOT show up on HD's cell phone.
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but do we know for sure that the text actually showed up on BD phone?

ETA To make myself more clear, is it possible that the lack of it being on BD phone a red flag for LE?

Thank you Curiousc!!!!!!!! I'm not sure now how to interpret it. If y'all think it's pretty clear she was only talking about Sunday night and then kinda leaned it into Monday morning and the tv was not at all part of the Monday morning story, I'll delete my post. Gracias...

No problem :)

However, there is a strange thing here is that in the NG session she did not say that the tv was on the Monday morning. But she did during the press conference, right?

See, what I find is the story is more embellished the second and third time, and it will be probably the fourth and fifth time it will be said.

Just a reminder that we have Chat for those that like to communicate in real time. Directions can be found right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68121"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

Maybe because she felt it was 30 minutes of down time where she didn't know what was going on and she wanted to feel something was being done. He was right there in town so why shouldn't he go. What is the big deal that she asked him to do that. And why didn't he? That is what is EXTREMELY ODD to me. jmo

Well, I guess that since he probably wasn't privy to any details since Hailey supposedly told SA who told BD where she was going, etc...and since IIRC she had her SIL's phone in which to make the call herself during that 30 minutes...didn't she call SA? By her own admission, she didn't make calls to Hailey's friends until sometime afterward. That in itself is strange. Sure she may not have had the numbers..she could have gotten them from DD. Come to think of it..why didn't she get DD or CD to call friends before asking CD to call the PD and announce her pending arrival. I guess I just don't know what letting LE know that you are coming in is supposed to accomplish. It's not like from a simple call that the PD Dept is going to clear the table and call all investigators in..ykwim? Everything about it in totality is extremely odd to me..that's not to say it may not be odd to others..

In BD's 1/31 press conference timeline, BD states that on Mon Dec 27th:

"6:20am: Billie sees Hailey asleep in her room with the TV on."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF

The TV was mentioned in her new timeline.
Monday Dec.27
BD states at 6:20 am Billie see Hailey asleep in her room with the tv the on.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF

Wasn't it MONDAY that DD broke into the house, and TUESDAY that he made the phone calls?

Yes I'm trying to do too many things. I misspoke originally. Monday he broke in and Tuesday the calls .

So when they say Christmas night, do they mean Christmas eve or do they mean Christmas Day night? I had a hard time this Christmas keeping the days straight. Christmas Eve was Friday, and Christmas Day was Saturday.

I think it odd that HD would spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with CD. But, maybe so since Sunday was probably a day off for BD and SA so it didn't matter. Has anyone actually seen tape from Dollar Store with the date stamp on it? tia

HOney I am so confused. Thank goodness you all are on top of this. I think Hailey was with her dad on Christmas Day!

I'm intrigued with BD's "distancing" herself from "firsts" in the situation:
1. She had DD call MB making him the FIRST to hear that HD did not go there
2. She had DD tell CD that HD was missing.
3. She had CD call LE (or so she thought) to make the first contact with LE
Lots of avoidance?

:goodpost:

I'm intrigued, as well.

Seriously, when you think about the living room sofa:

- reports that she slept on the sofa up until a week or two before her disappearance when she st, the change from DD seeing her in the living room
(focus: LR --> her BR)

- DD's report changing from seeing her in the living room to her being seen in his BR
(focus: LR --> his BR)

- BD seeing her the next morning in her BR
(focus: her BR)

Because she reportedly slept in her bed the night before, LE took the sheets. If anyone had said that Hailey was sleeping on the sofa or last seen that night on the sofa, would they have paid more attention to the sofa? The one that is now gone?

Didn't Shawn take the sofa? Then LE could still check it for evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57