TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt. Michael Penshorn, with the New Braunfels Police Department, said they are taking a closer look at some of the facts in this case and are certain they will find out what happened to the toddler.
Friday marks one week that the boy disappeared from his home and an extensive search of the home and surrounding areas have been unsuccessful in finding him.
Police said they are interviewing people multiple times and are also combing a wider and larger area with search dogs to try to gather more clues.
"We've been investigating this from the very beginning," Penshorn said. "We do believe that something in or around this residence led to this child's disappearance and that's what we're trying to find out: what exactly happened."

http://www.ksat.com/news/26825135/detail.html

Lt. Michael Penshorn, with the New Braunfels Police Department, said they are taking a closer look at some of the facts in this case and are certain they will find out what happened to the toddler.
Friday marks one week that the boy disappeared from his home and an extensive search of the home and surrounding areas have been unsuccessful in finding him.
Police said they are interviewing people multiple times and are also combing a wider and larger area with search dogs to try to gather more clues.
"We've been investigating this from the very beginning," Penshorn said. "We do believe that something in or around this residence led to this child's disappearance and that's what we're trying to find out: what exactly happened."

http://www.ksat.com/news/26825135/detail.html

Hmmm, trying to figure this sentence out. Interviewing people multiple times means (to me) inconsistencies or discrepancies with what others have stated. Wider & larger area, totally guessing here could mean the timeline is larger? Then followed by the sentence in red above. IMO, they are getting a clearer picture of what happened, wishful thinking perhaps on my part.

Hmmm, trying to figure this sentence out. Interviewing people multiple times means (to me) inconsistencies or discrepancies with what others have stated. Wider & larger area, totally guessing here could mean the timeline is larger? Then followed by the sentence in red above. IMO, they are getting a clearer picture of what happened, wishful thinking perhaps.

Dee, I agree about interviewing people multiple times - something must not be sitting right with LE. As far "wider and larger area", since it was mentioned in conjunction with the search dogs, I think they're thinking he was carried further away than he could have walked...?

Exactly belimom, is what I am thinking. Unfortunately, I think the focus now is a criminal investigation, let alone an estimated 24 FBI agents in one form or another "in town".

Exactly belimom, is what I am thinking. Unfortunately, I think the focus now is a criminal investigation, let alone an estimated 24 FBI agents in one form or another "in town".
hopefully they don't all flock in and silently tip toe back out like they did in Hailey Dunn's case...

moo....

I think it has been mainly criminal from the start, sadly... :(

NG's on - she s/b covering little Joshua's case but looks like she's gonna cover a case out of FL first.

showed vid clip of Jsr. crying, wishing he had the baby there with toys strewn

On NG - Jean Casares saying dogs couldn't pick up scent of Joshua outside the house. :maddening:

Michael Board, WOAI, on talking about FBI coming in.

JC talking about bucket & tarp...saying bloodhounds "could not find a scent outside the home"

NG out to Lt. Penshorn - saying she questioned mother herself, mom said was watching Toy Story, josh going in & out room, went to dad & pulled on his cap, only gone about 10 minutes....nobody saw him leave?

Lt. agrees - with that many people in the house, obviously there are people there w/ info that aren't sharing it with police. :eek:

hold up.. Penshorn just said that he agrees that someone in the house may not be sharing what all they know with police!

G'father in room with another baby, not 6-yr-old...

Father: he knows his play zone...
Beli: Um, not at 18 months...

Several interior rooms.
7 adults, 2 children (including Joshua - so just the baby and Joshua, not older child)

NG talking about how little ones can't reach deadbolt...don't have those, child wanders to another part of house, it could get out....Lt. says 'exactly'....doublewide MH, several rooms, individuals scattered thru out diff. rooms....2 individuals watching sports game on TV.....NG asking about how many doors in the home, that many people in the house they had to see the baby go out unless they were all asleep.

Commercial break.

Dang - I want to hear more from Lt.!!!

another aside thought.... it was butt cold that night there... did anyone feel the draft of a door being opened?

I aint buying this now for some reason!

If a toddler is able to get a door open and toddle out he surly is not going to close it tight behind him as he meanders down the icy steps!

Several interior rooms.
7 adults, 2 children (including Joshua - so just the baby, too)

NG believes someone would've seen him go out the door with that many adults in the house and a limited number of doors. I disagree if they weren't paying attention. Which room was the tv in where they were watching basketball? Unless the tv is next to the door they easily could've not noticed. However.....how far would Joshua really have wandered to in the cold with no shoes or jacket? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203