State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testimony is that H.M., after a bit too much wine one night with a friend, told that friend (not Nancy) about her affair with Brad. That friend said she had heard enough, did not want to hear any more, and told H.M. that either H.M. tell Nancy about the affair or she (the friend) would tell her. So H.M. told Nancy. Brad denied the affair for over a year, finally admitting it (according to today's testimony) 12/31/07 AND admitted he was in love with H.M.

H.M. went on to get involved with another married man (apparently John Pearson) after Brad and broke up that marriage. J.P.'s estranged wife sued H.M. for alienation of affection. Around the time of the custody hearing I remember hearing that Brad was allegedly going to be called to testify for that lawsuit and it was as a result of learning he might be called that he (finally) admitted the truth to Nancy. I don't know if that is true, it's what I heard.

So, is it the same JP that defense says had an affair with NC?

And, I thought the 12/31/07 admission was him still contending that it was a one time thing and then he admitted to a multi-year affair and professed his love for HM. So, even when he was supposedly professing the truth to her on NYE, he was still lying about the affair.

And, on the alienation of affection suit, you saw that $30M award in one such suit last week (no connection to this case, just pointing out that in North Carolina these suits are still very real http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9270098/).

This link may be it: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/20081027165035.pdf

I'm doing laundry, cooking supper, reading these posts, and I quickly Googled Brad Cooper indictment. I spent all day sitting here watching the trial and now I have to catch up all in about an hours time.

Thank you. I know, it does take time away from things. I homeschool one of my kids so I'm always here but I miss a lot of the trial and it's nice to be able to pick up details from this forum.

This is the formal letter but I think there is probably something with more detail about how the grand jury approved it. What was it based on? Maybe we can't see that.

Heart wrenching.

He is one cruel and souless cretin.

He couldn't muster anything to say to his mother-in-law about her loss?

For Brad, its all about Brad, always has been aparently. He had no sympathy for Mrs. Rentz, his wife, the fact the children no longer have a mother. One problem down...cya time. Disgusting.

And, I thought the 12/31/07 admission was him still contending that it was a one time thing and then he admitted to a multi-year affair and professed his love for HM. So, even when he was supposedly professing the truth to her on NYE, he was still lying about the affair.

And, on the alienation of affection suit, you saw that $30M award in one such suit last week (no connection to this case, just pointing out that in North Carolina these suits are still very real http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9270098/).

I think Heather should have her head shaved, and then be tarred and feathered. She sounds like one of those horrible women that have no self-esteem, where the only way they can convince themselves that they are desireable is to seduce another woman's husband.

Something very telling I noticed when Mrs. Rentz was testifying about running into BC in the break room @ the lawyer's office during her depo.

Note that Brad NEVER denied killing Nancy. He never once assured her that he had nothing to do with Nancy's murder. What did Brad say instead?

"I just want you to know that JA, DD, and HP lied."

I was looking back at the affidavits from the custody hearing, specifically Scott H. His rebuttal affidavit indicates affair was a one time indiscretion. So, did he not know the extent of the affair as of July 2008?

What in the heck is the court reporter holding up to her mouth?

It's a mask that she repeats everything that is said onto a tape or digital recording. The mask helps to only hear her voice and also to keep it from being distractive to the people active in the court proceeding - basically they can't hear her speaking lowly into this mask. In most cases there are at least two types of recording devices. One picks up the speakers just like we are hearing and the other picks up the court reporter's voice as she is repeating everything that is said. When a transcriptionist begins to transcribe the recordings and if she gets to a place where she can not understand the speaker's words, then she can switch to the second track and listen to the court reporter's voice in an effort to better understand what was said.

I thought that scratches could have been obtained when dumping the body.....

but- really - it's a stretch as he was out looking with shorts on....

UNLESS - there was something at the dump site that they could place at the site with Brad's DNA on it.

Someone would have seen those scratches before he started looking if they were there, wouldn't they?

Thank you. I know, it does take time away from things. I homeschool one of my kids so I'm always here but I miss a lot of the trial and it's nice to be able to pick up details from this forum.

This is the formal letter but I think there is probably something with more detail about how the grand jury approved it. What was it based on? Maybe we can't see that.

I'm sorry, that was just the cover. I am not sure we can actually see the grand jury indictment and what was included as most all grand jury business is handled with utmost secrecy until a true bill of indictment is handed down....or not. I'll keep searching.

At about 48:00 minutes into this video Brad is having quite a conversation with Kurtz...that is going on while Mr. Hill is talking about the crime scene photos.

Then you can see Brad scribbling a note - he turns around to hand it to someone and then smirks...that's at about 50:04.

Anyone know who he handed that note to? When I was watching this morning I thought it was his Mom or Dad that he handed it to - now I'm not sure.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9304109/#/vid9304109

ETA: They are talking about the picture marked #136, #130, #132.

There are 2 young ladies that sit directly behind the defense table and are in fact part of the defense team....perhaps paralegals?

Yeah, this is getting hard to remember who slept with whom. Maybe since it's been 3 years, I just don't remember all the details from 2008, but this surprised me.

I'm sorry, that was just the cover. I am not sure we can actually see the grand jury indictment and what was included as most all grand jury business is handled with utmost secrecy until a true bill of indictment is handed down....or not. I'll keep searching.

This is all you will see... the true bill.
What CPD used in the Grand Jury room to get the indictment was just probable cause. There is no public transcript of the proceeding.

Someone would have seen those scratches before he started looking if they were there, wouldn't they?

Yes - I would have thought someone would have noticed. Again - lots of discussion - that yields nothing that means anything.

scratches on legs? Yup.
OK, thanks. next witness.

vegetation on the undercarriage of the 325? Yup.
OK, thanks. next witness.

is there not any MORE to this line of questioning?????????

It's almost like saying "Brad had access to a telephone cord, correct? Yes.
OK, thanks. next witness....."

I am left wanting some follow up question - either of this witness or an immediately following witness that ties ANY of this stuff together more than it being just a weird irrelevant piece of data.

I want the prosecution to paint a Renoir of the crime. Adding colors and layers to form a clear picture of how this happened and remove reasonable doubt. Right now, I feel like Cummings and Co have dumped 6 cans of paint from the bargain bin at Lowes onto the floor and hoped for the best. I don't want abstract here, I want realism.

Testimony is that H.M., after a bit too much wine one night with a friend, told that friend (not Nancy) about her affair with Brad. That friend said she had heard enough, did not want to hear any more, and told H.M. that either H.M. tell Nancy about the affair or she (the friend) would tell her. So H.M. told Nancy. Brad denied the affair for over a year, finally admitting it (according to today's testimony) 12/31/07 AND admitted he was in love with H.M.

H.M. went on to get involved with another married man (apparently John Pearson) after Brad and broke up that marriage. J.P.'s estranged wife sued H.M. for alienation of affection. Around the time of the custody hearing I remember hearing that Brad was allegedly going to be called to testify for that lawsuit and it was as a result of learning he might be called that he (finally) admitted the truth to Nancy. I don't know if that is true, it's what I heard.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3257372/1216849743-motion_to_disqualify2.pdf

Bullet #15 confirms alienation of affection, not related to the Coopers, is true.

Yes, I've transcribed quite a few of them. :D Very, very interesting most of the time.

So, somebody is lying though......HM states in this affidavit that the BC "affair" was a 1x thing, but now we hear it went on for a couple of years and he loved her?

I remember besides her mother there was a friend that also said NC told her that BC was in love with HM and that was "it" for the relationship. Sorry if I can't remember which friend it was, there were so many friends on the stand this last week I just can't recall.. For some reason I think DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rUaBadFish2?