Was Burke involved in JB's death?

• Burke was involved in the death of JBR

Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment by Patsy: "She'll never have to know the loss of a child . She will never have to know cancer or death of a child." is very strange to me. I would rather my child live a long life and have to go through the ups and downs that we all go through, then have them be brutally murdered at age 6. I just can't see Marc Klaas, Erin Runnion, or the Van Dam's saying something similar.

The most disturbing thing about that interview is it was only 5 days later.

ETA: It seems like a parent of a murdered child will say something like, "I'll never get to see her go to prom or get married or..." instead of listing all the bad things that could happen. Even if JonBenet did end up getting ovarian cancer or suffering the loss of a child, that wouldn't be until she was much older so what about all the years before then? High school, college, her 20's?
yes indeed,sounds like something a guilty person would say..justifying reasons why your child is better off dead.at age 6 at that.BIG red flag there.

yes indeed,sounds like something a guilty person would say..justifying reasons why your child is better off dead.at age 6 at that.BIG red flag there.

I may be wrong but I believe Patsy repeated the cancer/loss of a child comment throughout the rest of her life. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I am trying to put myself into the shoes of parents whose child is murdered by an intruder and the last thing I would say would be, "Well at least, she'll never know the loss of a child or cancer," There is no reason for my child to go through hell on earth simply because they might get cancer or have their own child die decades later. I think JonBenet would rather be alive at 20 with the risk of developing ovarian cancer in 10-20 years than murdered at 6. Now, if I put myself into the shoes of a parent who accidentally killed my child, then I could see how that statement might make sense to them, since you would probably need to give yourself reasons why it is better for your child to not be here anymore.

The comment by Patsy: "She'll never have to know the loss of a child . She will never have to know cancer or death of a child." is very strange to me. I would rather my child live a long life and have to go through the ups and downs that we all go through, then have them be brutally murdered at age 6. I just can't see Marc Klaas, Erin Runnion, or the Van Dam's saying something similar.

The most disturbing thing about that interview is it was only 5 days later.

ETA: It seems like a parent of a murdered child will say something like, "I'll never get to see her go to prom or get married or..." instead of listing all the bad things that could happen. Even if JonBenet did end up getting ovarian cancer or suffering the loss of a child, that wouldn't be until she was much older so what about all the years before then? High school, college, her 20's?

I agree...I would be mourning all of the things she missed out on, only 6 she had many things to look forward to. NOT just all bad. JonBenet wouldve had a wonderful life. Maybe" it made PR feel better to see it as "well she wont have to go through all of these horrible thing" but I see it as kind of strange that she said that.
EVERONE, rich or poor, go through hard times but they do alright. I see being murdered at age 6 as MUCH worse:(

I agree...I would be mourning all of the things she missed out on, only 6 she had many things to look forward to. NOT just all bad. JonBenet wouldve had a wonderful life. Maybe" it made PR feel better to see it as "well she wont have to go through all of these horrible thing" but I see it as kind of strange that she said that.
EVERONE, rich or poor, go through hard times but they do alright. I see being murdered at age 6 as MUCH worse:(

Exactly. Considering JonBenet had good looks, money, an outgoing personality, and connections; it's much more likely that she missed out on living a great life than living a horrible life that her murder "saved" her from. Samantha Runnion, Polly Klaas, and Danielle Van Dam could have also suffered disease or the loss of a child later in their lives but you never hear their parents mentioning that. Why? Because their parents have no reason to try to "justify" what happened to their child. Have Patsy and/or John ever mentioned all the good things they would miss because of JonBenet's death?

What does everyone make of the picture at the link below; it's the one in the corner:

http://www.acandyrose.com/12141998PM-UnsolvedMysterypg131(44).jpg

It says it was taken in 1997 so it wasn't even a year after JonBenet's murder. Maybe I'm looking too much into it but Burke seems to be loving all the new attention by his parents due to him being an only child now.

This picture has been discussed in an earlier thread also. There is also another picture floating around of the three R's on an couch, that was taken shortly after JonBenets death, with a very similar pose and expressions. Look at how BIG Burke is! They sometimes, almost come to talk about Burke as almost frail, other times it's about how great he can hit a ball or help on the boat. He is fairly tall in this picture. He was a lot taller than JonBenet at the time of her death.

I may be wrong but I believe Patsy repeated the cancer/loss of a child comment throughout the rest of her life. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I am trying to put myself into the shoes of parents whose child is murdered by an intruder and the last thing I would say would be, "Well at least, she'll never know the loss of a child or cancer," There is no reason for my child to go through hell on earth simply because they might get cancer or have their own child die decades later. I think JonBenet would rather be alive at 20 with the risk of developing ovarian cancer in 10-20 years than murdered at 6. Now, if I put myself into the shoes of a parent who accidentally killed my child, then I could see how that statement might make sense to them, since you would probably need to give yourself reasons why it is better for your child to not be here anymore.
or on purpose.while I don't think Patsy planned to kill JB in advance,I'm not totally convinced it was all an accident.It may have been a spur -of- the -moment,'I- just -can't- take- this -child -anymore' kind of thing.She may have convinced herslef it was,later on.But that is JMO.

This picture has been discussed in an earlier thread also. There is also another picture floating around of the three R's on an couch, that was taken shortly after JonBenets death, with a very similar pose and expressions. Look at how BIG Burke is! They sometimes, almost come to talk about Burke as almost frail, other times it's about how great he can hit a ball or help on the boat. He is fairly tall in this picture. He was a lot taller than JonBenet at the time of her death.

Do you have a link to that thread? Thanks.

In the picture, Burke looks lanky; tall with thin legs.

Here's some pictures to show the size difference between Burke and JBR. Burke is noticeably bigger:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

I remember a few years back, two tabloids (I think the NY Post and the Star) published articles saying that Burke had killed JonBenet and they were immediately sued. Now, let's say that there's confidential file somewhere that says the Grand Jury figured that Burke had killed JonBenet and since he can't be charged, there were no indictments. This file gets in the hands of the tabloids, or someone sells the info to a tabloid, and they publish it. Since it's apparently illegal to even mention that someone under the age of 10 committed murder, the tabloids were forced to remove the story and issue an apology. I believe the case was settled outside of court and it would make sense if the R's decided to do that instead of having a trial where the tabloids might have to reveal where they got their info from, etc. Or it could have been settled outside of court, because it was illegal for the tabloids to publish that info, but the R's wouldn't win money for libel since libel only applies if something isn't true, and if the tabloids have the proof to show that Burke did kill JBR, then it wouldn't be libel.

I remember a few years back, two tabloids (I think the NY Post and the Star) published articles saying that Burke had killed JonBenet and they were immediately sued. Now, let's say that there's confidential file somewhere that says the Grand Jury figured that Burke had killed JonBenet and since he can't be charged, there were no indictments. This file gets in the hands of the tabloids, or someone sells the info to a tabloid, and they publish it. Since it's apparently illegal to even mention that someone under the age of 10 committed murder, the tabloids were forced to remove the story and issue an apology. I believe the case was settled outside of court and it would make sense if the R's decided to do that instead of having a trial where the tabloids might have to reveal where they got their info from, etc. Or it could have been settled outside of court, because it was illegal for the tabloids to publish that info, but the R's wouldn't win money for libel since libel only applies if something isn't true, and if the tabloids have the proof to show that Burke did kill JBR, then it wouldn't be libel.

Or maybe the Ramseys gave the money to a private investigator to track down the real killer. Since it was a lot of money, the PI is still looking.

Or maybe the Ramseys gave the money to a private investigator to track down the real killer. Since it was a lot of money, the PI is still looking.

7 A(JR). The investigators were retained by our

8 attorneys, and they stated to me that the

9 principal purpose of those investigators was to

10 prepare a defense in the case that the police

11 might bring a charge against me.

12 I hoped that they would also follow

13 up on leads that came to us, but I was

14 frequently reminded by our attorneys that their

15 principal role was to prepare a defense should

16 that be necessary.

Do you have a link to that thread? Thanks.

In the picture, Burke looks lanky; tall with thin legs.

Here's some pictures to show the size difference between Burke and JBR. Burke is noticeably bigger:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

yep,here's another one

56273265-20220059.jpg

There was no conspiracy to kill JonBenet...it was an accident. The incident with the golf club was not an accident because not only did Burke hit JonBenet in the face, he also hit her on her leg.

The kid was tall for his age...he played in a championship little league team, he sailed, he played touch football and basketball. This kid was not a wimp.

A neighbor reported seeing a light on in the kitchen around midnight. Could that have been Burke and JonBenet enjoying a late night snack of pineapple? I know that JonBenet's fingerprints weren't found on the bowl but it is possible that Burke prepared the pineapple and JonBenet just used her fingers or a utensil to eat it, and never actually touched the bowl.

A neighbor reported seeing a light on in the kitchen around midnight. Could that have been Burke and JonBenet enjoying a late night snack of pineapple? I know that JonBenet's fingerprints weren't found on the bowl but it is possible that Burke prepared the pineapple and JonBenet just used her fingers or a utensil to eat it, and never actually touched the bowl.

It was actually a neighbor reporting a "strange moving light" in the kitchen around midnight, not a light on. That obviously was someone walking around with the flashlight that was later found there. Yes, it could have been the two kids eating the pineapple, BR's prints were also on the bowl. It was said that JB couldn't have reached it herself, but BR probably could have. The thing with prints is that they can't be
dated. Patsy and BR BOTH left prints on the bowl, but it can't be proved if they were left at the same time.

It was actually a neighbor reporting a "strange moving light" in the kitchen around midnight, not a light on. That obviously was someone walking around with the flashlight that was later found there. Yes, it could have been the two kids eating the pineapple, BR's prints were also on the bowl. It was said that JB couldn't have reached it herself, but BR probably could have. The thing with prints is that they can't be
dated. Patsy and BR BOTH left prints on the bowl, but it can't be proved if they were left at the same time.

DeeDee249,
That glass on the table opposite the bowl, was Burkes prints ever lifted from it?

On Facebook, you used to be able to friend request and message Burke. I knew a few people who followed the case who were friends with Burke on FB even though they didn't know him in real life.

One person sent him a message wishing him well on JonBenet's birthday and she also sent a background she made of JonBenet. Burke thanked her and said he really liked the background. (I have to imagine, it must be a little weird to see desktop backgrounds of your murdered sister made by complete strangers).

Burke also said that he doesn't mind being asked questions as long as he isn't bombarded with lots of extremely personal ones.

Someone else sent Burke a FB message saying they were sorry about Patsy's death and Burke replied back.

According to people who are friends with him on FB, he doesn't have any pictures of JonBenet on his FB. He doesn't have any pictures of Patsy either. There are pictures of him and John though.

He was also dating this girl back in high school/early college named Alix. I know when his twitter was public, they tweeted each other a lot. I'm not sure if they are still dating but it looks they are still friends. I went on her website and there's a picture of her and she looks very similar to The Globe's age progression picture of JonBenet at age 20. The picture on her website looks to be a bit pageant-y too.

You can see Aunt P's FB page, with her friends. BR is there, but his info is private. Interesting....the remaining P sister is NOT among Aunt P's friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea