State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just say, that since approx. 2005 in France one can phone the USA and other major countries for free if you have a Broadband internet account (I don't mean skype).

Yes. But much easier though if your new Amurricun boyfriend gives you a free phone # to call so that you'll always be able to reach him. It was probably Brad's idea. Brad would think of the tools he has access to through work.

Why is this damaging? This is April of 2008. 3 months before the murder. Who cares that he wanted to wipe a disc in April.

IIRC this is about the time that BC realized that getting a divorce was going to be expensive. He was creating a new image as super dad, etc. Perhaps there were messages or information on the computer that would tarnish his recently applied for halo.

Wouldn't that put it into an inheritance type situation then, needing probate and all? Without a will, IIRC children are entitled to 2/3 of the complete estate, no?

Yes, indeed, Glee -- If dead spouse is intestate -- and if any children are minors, the surviving parent must post a yearly bond to guarantee the right of each minor child's part of the estate. This is in North Carolina. One of my best friends has been doing that every year now & will continue until her children are 18.

They purposely kept their opening extremely brief. All of 28 min. They did not reveal anything big during their opening.

My point exactly. We've talked about this before. Maybe they left if brief to allow a "fluid" theory to develop?, depending on the read of the jury?

IIRC this is about the time that BC realized that getting a divorce was going to be expensive. He was creating a new image as super dad, etc. Perhaps there were messages or information on the computer that would tarnish his recently applied for halo.

I surely agree with this.
I may not fully understand the Cisco employee's testimony but I think he was on the stand for a good reason. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the prosecution can sort through all of this tedious testimony so that the jury can understand how it all ties together when it's time for closing arguments.
Brad was a nasty human being.

Personally I think he wanted it to wipe the external hard drive that was attached to the MacBook which I think is the actual source of incriminating evidence if there was any but I seem to be alone in that thought.

Possibly so. But again, this is April. I know the separation was happening, but they hadn't started true legal proceedings where he would need to hide snooping or other actions yet. I just fail to see how this request in April is relevant.

Now, I spent many years working for the DoD and unless you have administor rights on a computer, you couldn't load software, updates, delete file histories, nuttin'...

It would seem cisco would have same rules. BC should not have had the credentials to wipe a hard drive.

Why is this damaging? This is April of 2008. 3 months before the murder. Who cares that he wanted to wipe a disc in April.

I think it all goes to his mindset and control issues..ALL this was post outing of his affair..so yes I do think it is relevant to his behavior prior to her going missing and death...No More no less..and of course doesnt PROVE murder..its just another BUILDING BLOCK of Circumstantial Evidence Picture of what happened and the fact no one else did this..and no one else had such a motive..and guess what?..no one had opportunity..Nothing more and nothing less..I really hate to say this ..There is NO VIDEO of his strangling Nancy..and THERE IS NO Video of Brad dumping Nancy..so guess the pros has to prove there is no other person BUT BRAD who could have done this..

Personally I think he wanted it to wipe the external hard drive that was attached to the MacBook which I think is the actual source of incriminating evidence if there was any but I seem to be alone in that thought.

LOL, I don't even know what a MacBook is, so I can't side with you on this one. :truce:

I simply think Brad wanted to get rid of something. something more than selling an old computer. If he just wanted to be rid of it, he could take out the harddrive and physically destroy it. but he didn't want to do that. He wanted to make something disappear in a way no one would be the wiser.

Well my company is old fashioned using the physical RSA keyfob. Below is a description of what a 'soft token' from RSA does. Remember, it's all about keeping a network secure. It's the same technology as what a hardware keyfob has, but it's much more convenient since it's a piece of software.

The ones we use (which are the hardware ones that Cisco no longer uses) look like this. You enter your username and a special PIN+theCodeShowingOnTheFob. The code changes every 60 seconds.

key-fob-image-sm.jpg

RSA SecurID software tokens support the same algorithms as the industry-leading RSA SecurID hardware authenticators. Instead of being stored in an RSA SecurID hardware authenticator, the symmetric key (or "seed record") is safeguarded securely on the user’s desktop, laptop, PDA, handheld, or mobile phone. RSA SecurID symmetric keys may also be stored on smart card and USB devices and used in conjunction with the RSA SecurID software token on the user’s desktop.

This witness testified that no other employee ever asked him this, didn't he? Everyone who sells a computer used dept. of defense ability to erase their harddrive? Not just some 'wipie clean' thing from Best Buy? Do we, the general public, have access to this sort of technology? Because that wasn't the impression I got from this witness testimony. Is there any evidence Brad recently sold a computer?

The deal with hard drives is that even though you delete it, it doesn't actually remove the data from the hard drive. It really just makes it normally inaccessible from the operating system. If you use the recycle bin it is still accessible even.

Using special utilities you can sometimes recover what is still on the hard drive if new data hasn't overwritten the locations where the old data was on the disk. These utilities use low level calls to scan the disk byte-by-byte without going through the operating system.

The DoD spec is nothing special. It just means that the disk (or even just one file) is wiped clean and then overwritten with 0's 3 to 7 times (or as many as you want).

The overwriting with 0's is what truly wipes the disk. Now the old data has been replaced with 0's.

DBAN is a freely downloadable program that does this and there are dozens more. This isn't classified government software.

Now, I spent many years working for the DoD and unless you have administor rights on a computer, you couldn't load software, updates, delete file histories, nuttin'...

It would seem cisco would have same rules. BC should not have had the credentials to wipe a hard drive.

I got the impression that this guy, Mr. Fry, believed it was for personal computer..not necessarily work...and I also believe heinsight for Mr. Fry, he knows full well what Brad was ultimately going to do..thus the embarrassed look Brad had on his face when Fry left the courtroom:floorlaugh:

When the call is processed in the france cluster, the original DID (I think it started with 315x) there was a translation pattern defined that translated the dialed digits to a number that was then routed to the alpha cluster. The number that it was translated to is a number that was assigned to BC for his phone connected to alpha network.

Yes... I'm not sure what you are getting at. Calling the DID number in france was essentially the same as calling BC's phone extension on the Alpha network. Is that the manipulation being referred to?

Sure, I could believe that. Just not sure why this is relevant to the murder.

EXACTLY! Or he was in a pre-planning stage for Nancy's disappearance. I still think he was suprised that LE was called so fast, expected more "clean-up" time that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015