State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BC had returned that router, Greg M. would have known about it since it was his job to keep track of their equipment. He struck me as a guy who does a good job at work. Honest, forthright, detailed, follows through. It was an $11K router and not a tiny little piece of something. BC told him he borrowed that router. Documented!

<snipped>.

But it took him three years to notice it missing, and then when provided an invoice that the Prosecution had that the one he was saying was missing according to the serial numbers was not the one from January, but was instead manufactured in Sept?

Are you saying there was no testimony about a call to the realtor? I was assuming that it was in the testimony and I missed it, but if it was not in the testimony ... why did the prosecutor say that it happened?

The realtor said she left him a voicemail, but we were provided no proof she made a call to the realtor and he had no message for us to hear.

The realtor said she left him a voicemail, but we were provided no proof she made a call to the realtor and he had no message for us to hear.

Thanks. That doesn't mean much of anything. He wouldn't have taken her seriously even if he had talked with her. I think it's another example of Nancy going in 10 directions at once, with none of them being well thought out.

With all due respect, are you suggesting that the Realtor is in cahoots with CPD, Det. Young, FBI, JA, the Cary click, BOZ, HC, AFH, and CISCO employees to frame the defendant??

:waitasec:

The powerful info Boz talked about in regards to the Google search wasn't just the search itself, it was all the computer activity that confirmed and showed, with no doubt, that Brad Cooper was the one on that computer, that day, 7/11. Secure HTTPS sessions to a couple banks. No one else could have been getting into Cooper's online bank account. That was him! Sandwiched in between his secure web sessions was the google map search, then later, a weather search, both starting the same way, for zip code 27518.

I don't know if anyone else understands this, but this is powerful stuff. It proves Brad Cooper was the one interacting with his computer on 7/11/08.

Could you give a link to that testimony? Or did you get that while personally at court? Do you know what time these activities finished up?

Cisco GM initially testified they left for lunch just after 1:00. It took a period of questioning GM about how long they were gone and when they returned before BZ said something like "OK, so you left between 1:00 and 1:30 and got back around 3:00?" which GM confirmed and was allowed to step down.

Could you give a link to that testimony? Or did you get that while personally at court? Do you know what time these activities finished up?

Cisco GM initially testified they left for lunch just after 1:00. It took a period of questioning GM about how long they were gone and when they returned before BZ said something like "OK, so you left between 1:00 and 1:30 and got back around 3:00?" which GM confirmed and was allowed to step down.

IIRC GM said they left about 1:25 pm. BZ even referred to the searches in closing, including BC's bank searches. No one else could have been accessing that information. ITA with Madeleine74's concise assessment.

We don't know where the router is. Maybe in a landfill, maybe somewhere in a Cisco lab/office, maybe at someone else's home, who knows? The call server would have been running on the router itself, so the trace would have gone with it. There was no need in going through Cisco. In fact, I see no way that he could have achieved it by going through Cisco. I fail to see a reason that there would be info left on the laptop if he simply telnet'd or ssh'd to the router.

The event log entry, whether a duplicate IP or a Mismatch (BZ said the former, posters here claim the latter), was most likely showing a problem on the VLAN, not the physical LAN in the home. Lots of problems with that, particularly with Vista. I have asked if anyone had the full event log entry and for some of our Cisco gurus if my understanding from searching and from reading docs at Cisco is a possibility.

IIRC GM said they left about 1:25 pm. BZ even referred to the searches in closing, including BC's bank searches. No one else could have been accessing that information. ITA with Madeleine74's concise assessment.

I have listened to everything GM said several times now.

I am amazed at the sheer lack of objectivity some people have.

Well, I was amazed myself at first, but I have reconciled that some folks have very narrow objectivity. IMO, much of what Boz said was lost on the jury because of his rapid pace and tone of voice.

With all due respect, are you suggesting that the Realtor is in cahoots with CPD, Det. Young, FBI, JA, the Cary click, BOZ, HC, AFH, and CISCO employees to frame the defendant??

:waitasec:

You are the one lumping every entity or person who have may have been involved with misconduct into one group operating in unison. That is a ridiculous presumption, but you frame it that way in order to make any suggestion of individual misconduct appear implausible. Its a cheap out to avoid lending credence to anything that might cast doubt on the State's convictions and storyline.

If you are grounded in reality, you must accept that on occassion LEO have and will tamper/destroy/hide evidence in order to ensure a better chance of conviction for a person they believe guilty. It happens in small towns, large cities, and suburbs. It happens. If you don't believe it does, you believe a fiction. In this case, NC phone wipe is a huge red flag - perhaps the most glaring evidence in the case incriminating or exculpatory.

If you are grounded in reality, you must accept that a group of individuals organized in order to control the flow and content of information/statements to the CPD (mostly negative/incriminating info on BC). Based on that, its very plausible that the CPD bought into this, and thus felt they had their man from hour 5.

If you are grounded in reality (and especially if you live in NC), you are aware that a State Attorney could react to outside pressure and their own misguided sense of truth, and put their career and reputation on the line by engaging in serious investigative and judicial misconduct to secure a conviction. If you don't believe this, you definitely have not been paying attention.

Television/movies glamourize LE and DA, focusing on the altruistic and selfless aspects of those jobs. If that's your sole source for opinion, your opinion doesn't match reality. The vast majority of those public servents start out as decent human beings with a true concern for public welfare. The ones who change do not get that way over night.

BBM
The one that hasn't found its way back to Cisco in 2.5 yrs? Someone else is holding onto it to frame BC, don't ya think?

I think BC returned it to Cisco when the one he ordered came in. Please prove to me that he didn't - you cannot.

Like you I feel she hounded him all day Friday for her $$. She wanted to get those dresses. It was said they were $150, but later IIRC $50.
Either way no mulla to pay for them. I feel he was irritated with her already by evening.

Yet she had money to pay for lunch w/HP and shop later at HT. She probably spent over $50 on those two things alone.

Regardless of routers being checked out/never returned, calls being made/spoofed, cell phones being wiped, etc., I think the jury is going to have a hard time getting past the google map from BZ's closing. I watched it again and it's pretty compelling. I can easily see members of the jury zeroing in on that and not being open for any other discussion.

Yet she had money to pay for lunch w/HP and shop later at HT. She probably spent over $50 on those two things alone.

Right of course. She was at HT (most expensive place to shop). BZ says she was scrimping for change at the bottom of her purse to feed her kids, but she wasn't. She was digging for change to buy pricey ribs for her neighbors. She could have gone to Wal-Mart Super Center or Food Lion for ribs. But maybe HT had BOGO on ribs. Who knows.

All the jury knows is that while she was at HT (or the pool) her husband was looking at the spot her body would be found a couple days later. Doesn't matter about computer tampering or file dates, because they didn't hear that. They only heard the evidence cut and dry imo.

I was assuming that the realor testified. Nancy couldn't afford to buy a house, so why would she be talking to a realor.

I haven't gone back the 40 pages since I went to bed last night......But I assume you're talking about the last time she called the realtor (and left the message she needed out ASAP). I originally took that to be he could help her rent/lease a place. Many realtors do that as well.

Right of course. She was at HT (most expensive place to shop). BZ says she was scrimping for change at the bottom of her purse to feed her kids, but she wasn't. She was digging for change to buy pricey ribs for her neighbors. She could have gone to Wal-Mart Super Center or Food Lion for ribs. But maybe HT had BOGO on ribs. Who knows.

All the jury knows is that while she was at HT (or the pool) her husband was looking at the spot her body would be found a couple days later. Doesn't matter about computer tampering or file dates, because they didn't hear that. They only heard the evidence cut and dry imo.

I have learned to never predict what jurors are hearing and thinking, particularly when there has been such controversy over a piece of evidence such as the map. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti