2011.05.26 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Three (Evening Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to watch the end of the hearing but WFTV only seems to have through Dante or so. It's gone up to part 11 and no new parts have gone up in the last minutes. Grrrrr

KC is peeved because Tony was not telling the truth, she told JB that she told Tony all about sexual abuse by her dad, and now for some reason Tony is lying and not telling what she told him. This is her version, not mine.
This is IMO.

Hi, Jo in Calif. Getting heresay about sexual abuse into evidence is tricky, but it can be done. Florida apparently allows such testimony under some circumstances if it can be connected to childhood sexual abuse. I think that Baez is attempting to navigate this slippery slope and, for various reasons, isn't doing very well. I think that's why Casey is so (in this case quite understandably) infuriated.

The issue of whether ICA was abused or not has no bearing on what happened to Caylee.

How did she die? That's the big question. Is there enough proof to show premeditated murder? Was it a drugging gone wrong? I don't believe the pool theory at all. If it were an in-ground pool there would be more to ponder on that theory.

The duck tape is the smoking gun, IMHO. Secondary to that are the Google searches she did.

And what was the trigger for Caylee to be killed on that particular day or night? How was that day different than any other day before?

I don't think the state will be able to answer the specific motive questions because they can only show ICA lied and covered it all up after the fact and acted like nothing big had happened and life went on la di da. That's heinous, but it still doesn't get to the answer of 'why.' The 'why' will remain hidden in the mind of the killer. I sure want to know though, and I bet the jury does too!

BBM: I'm not supposed to trust you when death is on the line! lol

.........maybe you haven't seen that movie............

Never trust a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line! Haahahahaha!

Love that movie!

Sorry for the OT

I am so upset over all of this tonight. I honestly never thought I'd feel this emotional about the things I am hearing in court.

I need a whole thread to myself just to vent all of this out..lol

Can we please have a Vent thread just for trial?:innocent:

OK - just to let you all know the level of my obsession.....we had to leave work early due to bad weather. So on my 30 min drive home, my daughter had her phone up to the speakers and I had my phone on speaker LISTENING to the end of the day.

I seriously am going to have to have an intervention after this trial.

I got a verizon Hot Spot (wifi) and had my laptop in the car and in the hospital at my son's appt. I did turn the laptop around so I could only listen and not watch while I driving. Last thing I need is to cause an accident watching the trial.

We will all need group rehab when this ends.:crazy:

Another thing that occurred to me: JB better instruct ICA to stop crying on cue. It kinda blows his theory that she didn't cry or get upset over "the drowning" because she's a victim of sexual abuse. Can't cry, or even act concerned when your child drowns, but listen to your attorney speak in court about how your daddy messed with you, and WHAM! Waterworks.

Not good, JB. Not good, AT ALL.

Three times, that I can recall, today, Jose Baez tried to use deposition testimony or statements to LE out of context to try to make witnesses sound like they were changing their stories when they weren't.​

He tried to make it look like George had said he hadn't put the tape on the gas cans during LE questioning, using a different photograph with different tape than during the LE questioning.​

He read something out that Roberto (?) had said during questioning, implying that Roberto had said that Caylee only spent the night in his bedroom once, when the original statement was about one certain time she did, although she had spent the night there many times.​

He tried to use Tony's words in deposition to prove that Tony had earlier claimed that George had molested Casey when it was Lee that Tony was referring to.​

I'm not sure on those first two, if the jury really understood that the documents he was reading did not support what he said they did. The jury didn't hear the last one, and I hope he doesn't try that switcheroo in front of them.​

If I was on the jury, I'd have the opinion that JB is too sneaky to be trusted. Yesterday he brought forth the fact that people rode in Casey's car and didn't smell anything. The SA clarified it was before Caylee was reported missing. Sneaky sneaky.

I really have to wonder if CM asking for a mistrial this early means that even the DT can't swallow this baloney they are spewing.

Perhaps they are looking for a "Do-over".

One question I have: What is this special 'reason' the judge hints at to take breaks? He will ask, 'do we need a 'special' break? You folks know what I'm talking about.'

And I'm shaking my head and saying, "No, no I don't know what you're talking about!"

Can someone enlighten me please?

One question I have: What is this special 'reason' the judge hints at to take breaks? He will ask, 'do we need a 'special' break? You folks know what I'm talking about.'

And I'm shaking my head and saying, "No, no I don't know what you're talking about!"

Many think it means a smoke break.

enlightenment here:
smoking

I missed quite a bit today, but I have a question. Other than what we already know about these gas cans, WHY was JB telling GA that the gas cans were very significant or a big part of what happened or something like that? I can't remember his exact words. Anyway, when he was going on about it I felt really sick. I felt like he was *implying* Caylee had been set on fire or something else related to those gas cans. I was upset! I wonder what the jury thought??? That being said, I do NOT think GA harmed ICA nor Caylee in any way.

Ok....so I still can't find a thread, so I will ask my question here I guess. This testimony by TL that just NOW occurred, after the jury was dismissed for the day and just the judge and DT and SA and assorted gallery present.....when will the decision be made on that being redone in front of the jury? Will that have to come before start of proceedings tomorrow???

TIA

smoke breaks? Medication? Incontinence? Any number of private/personal things?

I missed quite a bit today, but I have a question. Other than what we already know about these gas cans, WHY was JB telling GA that the gas cans were very significant or a big part of what happened or something like that? I can't remember his exact words. Anyway, when he was going on about it I felt really sick. I felt like he was *implying* Caylee had been set on fire or something else related to those gas cans. I was upset! I wonder what the jury thought??? That being said, I do NOT think GA harmed ICA nor Caylee in any way.

I'm assuming because of the piece of duct tape??

toilet break, I find it quite childish, he should just say we are having a break

I am looking for a thread discussing the late testimony of TL this evening without the jury present.....is there one that I am missing???
Me too. Also, can this be viewed anywhere. CNN cut out before this began...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ