IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now, the last person to have seen her walking toward home that night has also lawyered up.

Rut-roh, I don't know what to make of all this. I know everyone is entitled to representation, but seems like a number of them are lawyering up pretty quickly. WHY?

I keep listening to the video of the press conference, looking at the map and reading the news reports. She and CR leave the bar, go to her apt, the 2 remain in the lobby where CR has an "encounter" with friends of LS's boyfriend. She walks him home. Video shows them leaving her apts. together around 2:40 am. Around 3am a video captures her and a male companion (CR you can deduce), walking in the alley between 10th and 11th (going to his apt). This is the last detail the PD says they can confirm absolutely she was seen (last hard evidence), and also where a set of keys were found (yet to be confirmed as hers). Based on eyewitnesses though, someone saw her leave CRs apt buildings, and last seen as she turned on 11th to head S. on College.

So, she wasn't in the alley then, on her return trip. I think indeed someone was waiting for her to be making her return trip back to her apt.

This is my understanding as well. I'm assuming the Catholic Charities building on 10th & College must have had cameras in their alley that caught them as they walked behind the building to his place on 11th.

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=3...Street,+Bloomington,+IN&hl=en&source=maps-top

I'm still confused about which "apartment building" he lived in as looking at the Google map it doesn't look like there are any "apt. buildings" on 11th street (near Morton St. or College St.). It seems they are all likely rental houses or commercial properties. I wonder how old this Google map photo is? Can anyone tell me if they know the area has changed at all?? We know from articles CR lived on the 200th block of 11th St. and I've also heard it as 11th & Morton. I watched the video and tried locate any similar looking buildings using street view, but nothing looks similar.

Sorry for quoting myself here...but I was thinking that it's pretty obvious now who else is considered a POI since he's lawyered. Next up, CR's roommate...and then I imagine LS's boyfriends friends who confronted CR in her apt lobby. Who else? Maybe the other few who saw her at CR's apt that early morning?

and the boyfriend himself? Since LE confirmed he is "certainly" a POI.

Rut-roh, I don't know what to make of all this. I know everyone is entitled to representation, but seems like a number of them are lawyering up pretty quickly. WHY?

They are basically kids and are being interviewed by the police... there was an altercation and underage drinking going on. I don't think lawyering up makes them more or less guilty.

the answer is simple. if everyone's memory of events was clouded by alcohol and/or drugs, it would be very simple to trip someone up.

I can recall a case in NJ where a guy was extraordinarily drunk and was near an area where one or two children were found murdered. he did not remember a thing, was led down the garden path by cops and eventually confessed to murder, which he tried to recant at trial. he was found guilty and did like 12 years before DNA came along and clearly established it was someone else.

I don't blame them at all for hiring lawyers.

Regardless of guilt or innocence, they are smart to Lawyer Up.

I would do the same thing.

24-Hour News 8's Jay Hermacinski confirmed Friday that Corey Rossman voluntarily supplied a DNA sample. We've also learned other "persons of interest" have been asked to give samples as well.
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/loca...r-on-night-she-disappeared-submits-dna-sample
BBM

ETA, I think if it were me, a friend or family member...if we were asked for DNA I would be finding a lawyer too. I realize it doesn't mean guilty or innocent, but it does provide us with a list of POIs ;)
POI's (possible)
1. CR
2. CR's roommate
3. Last person to see her, JR
4. Boyfriend
5-8? Boyfriend's friends
9-10? other people she visited in CR's apt complex

This is my understanding as well. I'm assuming the Catholic Charities building on 10th & College must have had cameras in their alley that caught them as they walked behind the building to his place on 11th.

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=3...Street,+Bloomington,+IN&hl=en&source=maps-top

I'm still confused about which "apartment building" he lived in as looking at the Google map it doesn't look like there are any "apt. buildings" on 11th street (near Morton St. or College St.). It seems they are all likely rental houses or commercial properties. I wonder how old this Google map photo is? Can anyone tell me if they know the area has changed at all?? We know from articles CR lived on the 200th block of 11th St. and I've also heard it as 11th & Morton. I watched the video and tried locate any similar looking buildings using street view, but nothing looks similar.

I know the area well.
The map is quite outdated. Maybe by 5 years.
There is no Catholic Charity at 10th and College that I'm aware of. There are some businesses on the main level of that apt. complex.
Now there are both apartment buildings, and apartment houses in the area.
I'm guessing that any video on College would probably have come from Carl Saltzman's Law Office. A tiny building on the corner of 10th & College, across from Waffle House, on the opposite side of the street she would have been on.

I'll see about taking pics of the area, as well as any video facing the alley before the evening is over.

Anyone have any other physical information requests for me before I go out in the heat and take more pics?

Sorry for quoting myself here...but I was thinking that it's pretty obvious now who else is considered a POI since he's lawyered. Next up, CR's roommate...and then I imagine LS's boyfriends friends who confronted CR in her apt lobby. Who else? Maybe the other few who saw her at CR's apt that early morning?

1. Corey Rossman
  2. Mike Beth
  3. Jay Rosenbaum
  4. Jesse Wolff
Other POI's?

There is a picture of Corey Rossman coming out of the police department after voluntarily supplying the DNA samples.

If he is innocent, man, poor guy. The guy gets hammered, punched on the face, blacks out, and wakes up in the middle of a possible homicide investigation with no recollection of the events of the past night. The Hangover III?

I have a weird theory. If he, indeed, does not remember what happened... what if he "hurt" her and don't remember it? How can he say he's not involved if he doesn't remember what happened?

They may be asking for DNA to see who will and won't give it.

There is a picture of Corey Rossman coming out of the police department after voluntarily supplying the DNA samples.

If he is innocent, man, poor guy. The guy gets hammered, punched on the face, blacks out, and wakes up in the middle of a possible homicide investigation with no recollection of the events of the past night. The Hangover III?

I have a weird theory. If he, indeed, does not remember what happened... what if he "hurt" her and don't remember it? How can he say he's not involved if he doesn't remember what happened?

If it's true that his roommate put him to bed, and Lauren left, then he has an alibi witness.

They may be asking for DNA to see who will and won't give it.

Good guess. Because unless they have a body, what are they going to compare that DNA to? And we know they don't have a body, since they say they think she still might be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace