IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ck-police-release-photos?odyssey=mod|mostview

Lauren Spierer: Probe turns to truck; police release photos
1:14 AM, Jun. 16, 2011
Written by
Shawn Cohen

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — A white Chevrolet short-bed truck circled the block about the time college student Lauren Spierer was last reportedly seen, police said Wednesday.

They released two photographs of the vehicle in hopes the public will help them track down the driver.

The four-door Chevrolet Silverado or Colorado pickup, which had unidentifiable cargo in the back, was recorded on video at 4:14 a.m. June 3, traveling west on 10th Avenue toward Morton Street, where it ran a stop sign and headed north on Morton, toward the building where the 20-year-old Edgemont High School graduate last visited. At 4:24 a.m., the vehicle is again seen traveling west on 10th toward Morton, apparently after it rounded the block, said Capt. Joe Qualters of the Bloomington police....

bilde

bilde

bilde

Sorry, I'm joining this discussion late and the stuff above appears to have been posted at the beginning of this thread but it never hurts to put it up again. Evidently she's from around here.

HT's statements have seemed... well "air headed" to me.
Even so, If JW told her that he had been there and there was no answer, why would she not include that in her statement? I think it's important to know if he tried first without the key and then called HT. If he didn't, it' gives credence to the possibility that he knew she wasn't there and was going there for some other reason (even if was to find clues to look for her, or something more sinister).

You have to have a keycard to use the elevator at Smallwood. JW would know this because he was there with Lauren a lot. He would need that keycard from HT first to even get to the 5th floor. That's why he went to HT's classroom and got hers first.

http://www.smallwoodplaza.com/MovingIn.aspx

I think I would have called her to try to get info of what happened the night before.Most importantly if she came back home after she left with CR.Motives for going to the apartment.To confront her about why she was with CR.Trying to figure out for myself if she came home that night and probable wondering if I would find CR there with her.What would I do when I found it empty either wait or go looking for CR.Just to add I remember an interview with a friend of CR who said he saw him and his roommate at CVS pharmacy the next afternoon and they already knew she was missing so someone got in touch with him pretty quick.

I am not clear when that CVS meeting took place. It could have been the next day, on June 4th, and not June 3rd morning that she went missing.

Addressing Smallwood:

I would like to take the time to describe Smallwood. It seems numerous people have made statements regarding the building and how it works.

To begin with, there is a main lobby where many kids just loiter around waiting for rides to go out. People smoking outside. Coming back from a party just running into friends and just talking. This can go on until 4 or 5 am.

Next topic: Elevators

In order to go up floors in smallwood you either need to get buzzed in or have a key card. The key card is not floor specific. Most of the time my friends that come to visit my apartment either buzz me or go in the elevator with someone else and then come up to my floor. It only takes one person to swipe there keycard for every floor to be unlocked on the elevator. Another Smallwood tendency is if people are waiting for a friend to come get them or waiting infront of the elevators ....people exiting the elevators will offer to scan their card to let you go up while they exit. THIS IS VERY COMMON. Also....when I didn't live in Smallwood I knew LOTS and LOTS of people. I think many people have several contacts in smallwood so getting up on the elevators is NEVER a problem. I hope this addresses this card issue let me know if you have more questions.

Next Topic: 5th floor lobby (where the fight occurred)
At each floor upon exiting the elevator there is an area I would said 8x8 maybe a little smaller but kind of an open room type of thing. This has been commonly reffered to as a lobby. You walk through this "lobby area" through a doorway type thing and then you end up in the hallways.

Addressing the fight:
So for JW Frat Brothers to be on the 5th floor and them to not be living in smallwood is not unheard of. They simply could have gotten buzzed up. The reason the fight didn't occur in the main lobby most likely is because there were several others there and also the security personnel are always in the lobby area. So why not take it upstairs where they won't have the cops called. That or JW frat brothers were already waiting on the 5th floor as an ambush.

Addressing Smallwood:

To begin with, there is a main lobby where many kids just loiter around waiting for rides to go out. People smoking outside. Coming back from a party just running into friends and just talking. This can go on until 4 or 5 am.

Next topic: Elevators

In order to go up floors in smallwood you either need to get buzzed in or have a key card. The key card is not floor specific. Most of the time my friends that come to visit my apartment either buzz me or go in the elevator with someone else and then come up to my floor. It only takes one person to swipe there keycard for every floor to be unlocked on the elevator. Another Smallwood tendency is if people are waiting for a friend to come get them or waiting infront of the elevators ....people exiting the elevators will offer to scan their card to let you go up while they exit. THIS IS VERY COMMON. Also....when I didn't live in Smallwood I knew LOTS and LOTS of people. I think many people have several contacts in smallwood so getting up on the elevators is NEVER a problem. I hope this addresses this card issue let me know if you have more questions.

Next Topic: 5th floor lobby (where the fight occurred)
At each floor upon exiting the elevator there is an area I would said 8x8 maybe a little smaller but kind of an open room type of thing. This has been commonly reffered to as a lobby. You walk through this "lobby area" through a doorway type thing and then you end up in the hallways.

This is accurate.
In addition this video shows a glimpse of the elevator lobby at 00:54. No idea why they focus on the maintenance closet door and handle.

Later in the video at 1:34 it shows the handrail the keys were found at. The handrail I spent time locating and photographing. You can see it in a few of my pics, and on the map.

I think I would have called her to try to get info of what happened the night before.Most importantly if she came back home after she left with CR.Motives for going to the apartment.To confront her about why she was with CR.Trying to figure out for myself if she came home that night and probable wondering if I would find CR there with her.What would I do when I found it empty either wait or go looking for CR.Just to add I remember an interview with a friend of CR who said he saw him and his roommate at CVS pharmacy the next afternoon and they already knew she was missing so someone got in touch with him pretty quick.

When he tried her phone (not sure if it was by calling or texting) Kilroys staff told him they had her phone and to come get it. At the point I would want to go to the apartment too.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14922685/bloomington-police-examine-timeline-of-missing-students-movements

So was this something they did at 7am, or in the middle of the night?

What could they possibly get that they haven't already found in Lauren's apt or with the search warrant? I guess they could be getting some of her clothing?

Obviously doesn't sound like a new warrant was served.

Why leave in such a hurry?

I guess this needs to be asked about at the presser today (along with the alleged new eyewitness account).

http://www.wthr.com/story/14922685/bloomington-police-examine-timeline-of-missing-students-movements

So was this something they did at 7am, or in the middle of the night?

What could they possibly get that they haven't already found in Lauren's apt or with the search warrant? I guess they could be getting some of her clothing?

Obviously doesn't sound like a new warrant was served.

Why leave in such a hurry?

I guess this needs to be asked about at the presser today (along with the alleged new eyewitness account).

They were probably trying to avoid the press by doing it early in the morning with less people around.

Does anyone know if the roommate is staying in the apartment? TH? I am so bad at names and initials, a summary cheat sheet would be great for those of us with CRS syndrome :)

They were probably trying to avoid the press by doing it early in the morning with less people around.

Doubtful I think. If that were the case they would have sent over a few officers to collect the evidence without fanfare. Show up, collect, leave quietly. That isn't what was described... Leaving with lights and sirens is not exactly trying to keep themselves unnoticed.

I haven't given that much thought, really. It's difficult to imagine any "respectable" activity taking place in a dark alley at that time of morning. Perhaps she or the man got sick or paused to relieve him/herself.

How about this one she was LOOKING FOR HER MISSING KEYS?

Or her bracelet fell off and she WAS LOOKING FOR IT.

Or she was KISSING - JUST KISSING.

Or he stumbled and fell and being both drunk they had a hard time getting him up.

And you did mention two others but I am not sure this guy or any guy would pee in front of her but who knows he did just get beat up and was drunk.

I was thinking somewhat along those lines.Now that they say it only took them 3 min to get thru the alley I do not think it can be something so time consuming.It could be something as simple as them holding hands,kissing or stumbling and falling.The police have made an effort not to discuss anything negative about her.I think that is why the altercation at smallwood is somewhat confusing.The police do not want to acknowledge the fight was about her being with another guy and their statement she was not involved just means she was not throwing any punches.

It could also mean that it was about something that had nothing to do with Lauren.

I am not sure why there are so many posts about how she was cheating on her bf.

I have three kids all college age and I understand the way they think. My daughter and her bf often go out WITHOUT each other. My daughter does not like spending money on concerts and her bf likes to go so he goes with friends. One time even alone with just another girl FRIEND.

My daughter has her own set of friends that sometimes go away for the weekend and stay through Monday. Her bf works and cannot take off for Monday so she goes without him. There are girls and boys in this group. She I am sure at some point in time could be walking with JUST ONE GUY. That is NOT to say she is cheating on her bf.

Maybe CR owed these guys money. Maybe these guys were visiting one of the 100 or so OTHER kids that live on the floor.

Smallwood is HUGE.

Maybe the police do not want to release the details b/c it is NOT relevant EXCEPT to further gossip.

BTW that is not aimed at you and I thank you for providing other things that Lauren could have been doing in the alley.

How about this one she was LOOKING FOR HER MISSING KEYS?

Or her bracelet fell off and she WAS LOOKING FOR IT.

Or she was KISSING - JUST KISSING.

Or he stumbled and fell and being both drunk they had a hard time getting him up.

And you did mention two others but I am not sure this guy or any guy would pee in front of her but who knows he did just get beat up and was drunk.
More good possibilities, and you're asolutely right, who knows. My feeling is whatever happened during those few minutes in the alley is probably had little bearing on what occurred later.

New thread coming...

I would like to discuss LS's unnamed "activity" in the alley. If police refuse to give details, I theorize they are protecting her reputation and avoiding unnecessarily embarrassing her family. That could mean she was buying drugs or, more likely, having sex with someone. Any other ideas on an unnamed "activity"?

Does anyone have the link to what LE said about activity? I have been racking my brain trying to find it. I could be wrong, but I swear he said that LE had a good idea of the activities of the evening based on the video's from the alley. I just felt that when he said that, he wasn't saying there was activity in the alley, just that they could tell what the kids had been doing that night. I took that to mean they were stumbling around and such, or maybe someone threw up. Just want to double check myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519