GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made a mistake. Like so many other murderers. Footprints. DNA. Hair.

Or he was arrogant. He never considered that LE would ever look at anyone besides the MM, when they found the hacksaw locked in the compartment, and all those other things that should link the MM to LG.

Honestly, I'd feel better about a footprint, hair or DNA. Small, tiny, and microscopic.

But packaging material from a hacksaw???

Ok, bumbling mistake is one possibility. Others?

Yep, same thoughts I had WonderGirl. I dont believe the MM theory for a minute.

Yes, what does "on ice" mean? Twice now on these boards, I have seen references here to the key being left (a) first in a refrigerator and (ii) now, "on ice".

Has there been something reported about the key that I missed?

I think the in the fridge/on ice thing about the key is not substantiated. Someone said that in an earlier post and I asked for a link/source (bc I had not read that anywhere) and a source could not be produced.

Well, well, we have a Stanley hacksaw blade package in McD's apartment, and a hacksaw recovered , and he boasted he could get away with murder.
Now we are getting somewhere indeed, but what took LE so long to charge him if they had this ?

we have a Stanley brand hacksaw package in McD's apartment, and a Stanley brand hacksaw with Lauren's DNA on the blade recovered , and he boasted he could get away with murder.

There, fixed it up just a bit :peace:

Just back from another bank run.. which, of course, takes me past Barrister Hall. Lots of activity again today. Plumber truck, crime scene van, and several news crews on the sidewalk watching as 5 or 6 men carry a tub down the stairs.

I think we'll find that the hacksaw packaging is far from the only evidence left behind..it has been stated that there is amountain of evidnece against SM.. He's dead in the water IMO..

Just from the little thats been leaked or told.. You all just wait and see there is going to be an enormous amount of evidence that ties him to this crime.. And many need to buckle in tight because IMO it's going to be a very bumpy ride.. Hyrax the details of which you going over and over in your mind IMO are truly only the tip of the iceberg with the brutality that is going to be seen.. IMO ppl will be shaken to the very core of their beings when the details of this murder come to light!!!

As for what took them so long if they had the hacksaw and it's packaging.. Maybe the FBI forensic testing that came back that the hacksaw indeed had Lauren Giddings DNA on it.. Thats just for starters..

Is anyone wondering why McD pinned himself down with the MM story? In theory, that story should be easy to disprove. Locate the MM, have him confirm his whereabouts on Thursday at Midnight. Does McD somehow know this guy cannot provide an alibi or perhaps that he will never be located, if you get my drift?

Story told to Mama in the heat of the moment to deflect?

I also wonder if McD has ties to this guy, hence his copy of the Masterkey?

Lauren and Stephen's law professor has some comments here:

Stephen McDaniel, Lauren Giddings Part of a Tight-Knit Mercer Law Class

"He was liked by the other classmates," Oedel said of McDaniel's time as a student in his course.

McDaniel's appearance, he says, has changed since his first semester in law school. "He looked like a normal law student," Oedel said.

Oedel says he hopes the murder charge against his former student encourages him to help Giddings' family find the rest of her remains.

"Assuming it's true, I wish he'd fess up," Oedel said, "and relieve the family of their concerns of where her body parts are."

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/138608/153/Giddings-McDaniel-Part-of-Tight-Knit-Law-Class

Just back from another bank run.. which, of course, takes me past Barrister Hall. Lots of activity again today. Plumber truck, crime scene van, and several news crews on the sidewalk watching as 5 or 6 men carry a tub down the stairs.

A clip was on Jane Valez Mitchell last evening. Or maybe this was something local

jane valez mitchell, clip of this was on last evening

A commenter on 13 WMAZ's FB page states police only found the top half of the torso. He claimed to have heard it on the news last night. I was making dinner at the time and was only half listening to the news, and I didn't hear this. But, I don't recall hearing this previously so I wanted to mention it. I don't know if they really said this on the news or not. Did anyone hear it?

To dismember a body like that would be very difficult, I assume.

Sorry if someone previously replied to this, but yes, I've read in news articles that his parents have visited him in the jail more than once. They are in deep pain, as can be imagined. I believe the familial ties are most definitely still intact. They love him. He's their son. They know him, they believe in him, as do many others which have stated that as quirky as some may perceive him, he's completely harmless and is NOT capable of this in any shape, form or fashion.

I honestly believe the family of Stephen are completely and utterly as broken as they can be over the horrendous events that have unfolded with Lauren and their son. They grieve for the loss of their son's friend who was kind to him, a beautiful happy spirit, and they grieve for the inability to bring Stephen home and are lost in confusion about what is going on! I honestly believe in my heart, gut, sense of all senses, that Stephen is confused, as well. I don't think things are right here. I'm not comfortable settling in to the notion that the streets are safe again in Macon, or anywhere.

And as for Boni Bush, if she insists on talking and making comments to the media, why not tell tell us something we need to know. Tell us about this maintenance man that Stephen's mother says he saw on the balcony.

I believe she knows the story.
Tell us, Bush.

Why did you terminate this maintenance man?

Did a tenant complain about him several times, then you terminated him?
Did you actually TELL him which tenant complained?
How did he handle his termination?
(Was he angry? Mention anything about payback? Anything like that?)

When did he return his master key to you? (Date/time)
How did that key make it back into your hands, or do the police have that one?

If you demanded he bring the key back to you, perhaps he did?
And he left it as a clue, on ice?

Let's talk about THAT.

Bush, if you know more than you are telling, you should keep in mind that things fall into place when people do the right thing. Do the right thing and tell us these details, including when you got that man's key back when you terminated him. OR HAVE YOU?

I don't think that key found it's way to Stephen's apartment by accident. I think it's entirely possible you pissed off the wrong man and he left a calling card for you. You may know, you may be scared, but if that's what's going on here, you should never put other tenants in danger by sitting on this.

Stop talking about what Lauren or Stephen said. They aren't here to confirm or deny your statements. Let's hear something worthwhile. For starters, how 'bout that maintenance man and the circumstances under which you terminated him?

Take it from the top.

I read his parents could only visit once a week (dont' know if this includes phone calls) but he'd probably have to call his atty for many things , they eventually become your body guard.:floorlaugh:

Lauren and stephen aren't here to confirm or deny all our accusations either.

Stupidity? Just like his ramblings have been. I guess Jack Daniels read by now that there was DNA of LG on that hacksaw?

Does anyone wonder where the torso was hidden all that time before Thursday early morning when it was discovered in trash bin???

Of course I read about the DNA. It seems as though under some theories, it may have been left there intentionally, on the hacksaw in the maintenance room, as part of a frame.

And as for Boni Bush, if she insists on talking and making comments to the media, why not tell tell us something we need to know. Tell us about this maintenance man that Stephen's mother says he saw on the balcony.

I believe she knows the story.
Tell us, Bush.

Why did you terminate this maintenance man?

Did a tenant complain about him several times, then you terminated him?
Did you actually TELL him which tenant complained?
How did he handle his termination?
(Was he angry? Mention anything about payback? Anything like that?)

When did he return his master key to you? (Date/time)
How did that key make it back into your hands, or do the police have that one?

If you demanded he bring the key back to you, perhaps he did?
And he left it as a clue, on ice?

Let's talk about THAT.

Bush, if you know more than you are telling, you should keep in mind that things fall into place when people do the right thing. Do the right thing and tell us these details, including when you got that man's key back when you terminated him. OR HAVE YOU?

I don't think that key found it's way to Stephen's apartment by accident. I think it's entirely possible you pissed off the wrong man and he left a calling card for you. You may know, you may be scared, but if that's what's going on here, you should never put other tenants in danger by sitting on this.

Stop talking about what Lauren or Stephen said. They aren't here to confirm or deny your statements. Let's hear something worthwhile. For starters, how 'bout that maintenance man and the circumstances under which you terminated him?

Take it from the top.

Whoa, what is this all about?

A clip was on Jane Valez Mitchell last evening. Or maybe this was something local

No, what I was referring to was taking place about 30 minutes ago. There were two or three local news crews filming.

I have wondered if it might be kidnapping ...

Hi Backwoods. Enjoy your posts. I have wondered about a potential attempt to kidnap and take Lauren, as well, but rape is a more likely crime that I have tossed around a while, but I haven't given a face to the person who may have tried to do this yet. Well, I have plugged in a couple, but McDaniel doesn't fit well.

I believe if someone was planning to enter her apartment and rape her, they didn't intend for her to fight so fiercely, or maybe if they used a chemical to incapacitate her, they didn't intend for her to wake up so fast and it took a fatal blow to stop her from escaping? If she died, they would panic and have to erase their tracks. If they left some sort of identifying marks on her body, that would be a problem.

Maybe the dismemberment took place to erase the evidence or imprint of the butt of a gun, a ring mark, or teeth marks, or scratches of some sort. Also, a fist imprint on her face could be used later to match to any perp, so the dismemberment could have been simply to hide identifying marks or dna that was not contained. <Modsnip>, no matter how any of us look at it. That's something we all agree on.

A commenter on 13 WMAZ's FB page states police only found the top half of the torso. He claimed to have heard it on the news last night. I was making dinner at the time and was only half listening to the news, and I didn't hear this. But, I don't recall hearing this previously so I wanted to mention it. I don't know if they really said this on the news or not. Did anyone hear it?

To dismember a body like that would be very difficult, I assume.

I watched 13WMAZ's news last night and I didn't hear any mention of that.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/138626/175/Giddings-Bathtub-Hauled-Away-to-Crime-Lab

The tub was taken to the crime lab. Anyone else uncomfortable with the fact that the scratches were discovered by a news reporter and not the police or crime scene investigators?..Even though they dusted for fingerprints all around the tub?

I just went back to macon.com to look at the photos again.. yes, it makes me very uncomfortable. There's hardly an inch of that bathroom, heck, of that apartment, that wasn't smeared with fingerprint powder. How could they have missed something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member