TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little known fact, confused. ;)

I have often wondered if satellite tracking would be (ironically) what will locate Gail and her Jeep.

I think it's very possible that live satellite was overlooked early on... but no longer. :)

I should add, that for the purposes of something such as grounds for a divorce- I can see why someone would need to transfer tracking data to another source to be saved.

But that doesn't mean there are not other ways to access GPS data from satellites.

Thanks so much for your explanation. I had thought I remembered Arlene D stating during one of her interviews that the tracking device she and Gail illegally placed on Matt's car was one that could only hold a certain amount of info and then had to be removed and downloaded, so I wondered if someone had removed and downloaded again, after Gail did so on the 28th, to allow you to have the info you have.

:twocents:I was just sittin' back chillin', but couldn't leave this one alone. Gail did believe she was being followed and did take down plate(s) # and descriptions of vehicle(s). But, besides Gail, a couple other neighbors, including SB saw suspicious vehicle(s) frequenting the RidgeRock cul de sac. The vehicle(s) garnered the attention of those neighbors too. They too wrote down plate #'s. They reported them to SMPD and one time even gave the description of the driver of one of the vehicles, to SMPD Officer before Gail went missing. I am sorry but I, will not share the description of the vehicle(s) or the plate (tag)#'s, but I will say that the police have those descriptions and hopefully have shared them with all the agencies, now involved in the case. So ... in answer to your question(s)... :twocents:GAIL WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON in the neighborhood to see suspicious vehicle(s) in the vicinity of 40 RidgeRock (Gail's SM home). The neighbors paid much closer attention to the unfamiliar vehicles in the area, especially after their friend (Gail) told some of them that she was very concerned about being followed by vehicle(s) she did not recognize. :waitasec:You see the NEIGHBORS believed Gail, even when her own husband (Matt) seemed to disregard her claims...saying that she had become increasingly more paranoid and delusional. :maddening:.

So I guess that makes you paranoid and delusional as well since you noticed unfamiliar or odd cars in the neighborhood. ( sarcasm) I am very aware of my surroundings all the time, I am with you, if I noticed odd vehicles in my neighborhood on more than one occasion I would certainly make note of it and the plates.

Thanks so much for your explanation. I had thought I remembered Arlene D stating during one of her interviews that the tracking device she and Gail illegally placed on Matt's car was one that could only hold a certain amount of info and then had to be removed and downloaded, so I wondered if someone had removed and downloaded again, after Gail did so on the 28th, to allow you to have the info you have.

:twocents:I believe it was stated by a guest PI, in one of AD's radio interviews, that if the vehicle was co-owned, then one of the owners could authorize (or even place) a gps locator/tracker on said vehicle ... therefore placement and retrieval would be totally LEGAL in that case. If, the placer of the gps tracker was not an owner (co-owner) then ...yes this might be considered an illegal act. I was under the impression that MP & GP's names might have been on both vehicles.

:twocents:I believe it was stated by a guest PI, in one of AD's radio interviews, that if the vehicle was co-owned, then one of the owners could authorize (or even place) a gps locator/tracker on said vehicle ... therefore placement and retrieval would be totally LEGAL in that case. If, the placer of the gps tracker was not an owner (co-owner) then ...yes this might be considered an illegal act. I was under the impression that MP & GP's names might have been on both vehicles.

Sleuthy1- quick question- do you think the person(s) who placed the tracker on MP's vehicle was confident of ownership? If a vehicle is leased or loaned, technically it belongs to the dealer and/or financing co. TIA.

So I guess that makes you paranoid and delusional as well since you noticed unfamiliar or odd cars in the neighborhood. ( sarcasm) I am very aware of my surroundings all the time, I am with you, if I noticed odd vehicles in my neighborhood on more than one occasion I would certainly make note of it and the plates.

As would I. Which is why I think it is important to note where exactly the vehicle(s) were when observed.

Moving or parked? In front of? Or following? Out of state tags? How many times seen?

Not really sure if AD owes anyone an explanation on this DVR issue. That's between her and LE and if they have asked her not to speak of it again then she will not talk about it.

Again, as I have stated before LE is not going to reveal everything they are investigating. They don't need to confirm to the public they have the DVR and AD does not need to confirm that either. We can hope it was turned over. But we may never know.

I agree, and believe there is much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about or need to know about at this time. The only reason I even brought it up was because AD did state today that she was not turning it over to the police, at least not at this time. She has since clarified her reasons why. So, unless she's been instructed to lie to misdirect attention away from that item, we do know the status of the DVR.

Again, it may not be important in helping LE find Gail. And I certainly don't feel "owed" any information. However, it had been a piece of evidence that was previously discussed and AD had stated she would turn over to authorities. However, it appears plans have changed. So be it. I was just trying to understand the logic behind that change. Which, quite honestly, I still don't. But that's my problem! There's much about this case that has left me scratching my head.

I agree, and believe there is much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about or need to know about at this time. The only reason I even brought it up was because AD did state today that she was not turning it over to the police, at least not at this time. She has since clarified her reasons why. So, unless she's been instructed to lie to misdirect attention away from that item, we do know the status of the DVR.

Again, it may not be important in helping LE find Gail. And I certainly don't feel "owed" any information. However, it had been a piece of evidence that was previously discussed and AD had stated she would turn over to authorities. However, it appears plans have changed. So be it. I was just trying to understand the logic behind that change. Which, quite honestly, I still don't. But that's my problem! There's much about this case that has left me scratching my head.

BBM..Gail being gone w/o a trace for almost 17 weeks has me doing more than just scratching my head. :banghead:It makes me :furious::maddening: JMHO

BBM..Gail being gone w/o a trace for almost 17 weeks has me doing more than just scratching my head. :banghead:It makes me :furious::maddening: JMHO

Me too, me too.

Like I stated earlier. I know for sure something is horribly wrong. She would never ever miss her kids first day of school. (imo)

If MP truly was worried about her, he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs to get help finding her. He'd be searching day and night--by himself--if need be.

Just makes me :sick:

As would I. Which is why I think it is important to note where exactly the vehicle(s) were when observed.

Moving or parked? In front of? Or following? Out of state tags? How many times seen?

I don't think we know. This is what I have as far as info on Gail being followed. There are a lot of links, and I don't mean to overwhelm, but maybe putting it all in one post is a good idea. Of course, additional info is always welcome.

From MP on May 12 (snipped for space):

Instability argued

In court documents, Matthew Palmgren paints a picture of an unstable woman. Palmgren and his wife both hold doctorates in pharmacy.

He stated his wife was suffering from severe mental illness after she lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

He said she was prescribed numerous antidepressants, according to court records.

(snipped)

Mathew Palmgren alleges his wife became paranoid recently and would write down license plate numbers to try to identify drivers because she believed people were following her, according to court records. (Link here.)

From SB on May 16:

Days before she went missing, she confided in her friend that she felt someone was following her.

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button. (Link here.)

From DN on May 16:

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed." (Link here.)
From SB on May 16:

The last time, Palmgren was even given the number to safe house. Days before she went missing, she confided in her friend that she felt someone was following her.

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button. (Link here.)

From CB on June 24

Bonnick said he has been learning more and more information since Palmgren's disappearance. He recently came across what he considered a warning flag, "She told her best friend Arlene she was being followed. She had given her a license tag number. She left stuff with people saying 'Look after this I'm afraid in case I don't come back.' " (Link here).

From attorney LD via a twitter from Callie Starnes:

Callie Starnes
by WRCBPalmgren
Davis says Gail was under severe stress. Says she was paranoid about being followed. Says she chose to leave. #missingmom 29 Jun
(Link here).

I put these in chronological order because I believe it shows that the info about Gail feeling like she was being followed came up when MP brought it up first, which was in the court documents.

And maybe I'm just arguing semantics here, but it doesn't seem like she was writing down plates of cars as they were following her. She thought she was being followed and she wrote down license plates, two connected things but not things that necessarily happened at the same time. That's what all this reads to me like, anyway.

Me too, me too.

Like I stated earlier. I know for sure something is horribly wrong. She would never ever miss her kids first day of school. (imo)

If MP truly was worried about her, he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs to get help finding her. He'd be searching day and night--by himself--if need be.

Just makes me :sick:

I agree. I keep thinking back to what SB said early on:

"This is totally our of character. She's never done anything like this before. I don't care who tells you she has. She would never, ever leave her children of her own accord. Something must have frightened her. Something must have happened," said Susie Button, a friend and neighbor of Palmgren's.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/palmgren-1001248-button-gail.html

SB is a neighbor and a friend of Gail's, so I personally believe her opinions are well-informed. Listening to her friends, you get a consistent belief that something happened to Gail. Only when MP and/or his lawyers speak do you hear that Gail was unstable and just ran off. Even the G's weren't interviewed, they were just quoted (allegedly) by MP's lawyers. So I personally give a lot of weight to the friends who said things directly to the media. JMOO

Do we know if the Palmgrens boat was trailered back and forth, each time they went to the lake?

Do they use the boat as much in TN, as they do in AL?

Do we know if the Palmgrens boat was trailered back and forth, each time they went to the lake?

I remember AD stating that the boat was always in AL and hadn't been moved in 3 years. Can you check on that Sleuthy?

AD said as far as she knew, the boat never left the lake house, it always stayed in AL. She brought that up when talking about MP's version of the events during the April 22 incident where Gail called 911.

There was some confusion about this because the Times Free Press said Gail told LE that MP just wanted to tow the boat (link) but on the documents over at the newschannel9 site (link to PDF file) it says MP is the one who wanted the Jeep so he could tow the boat.

Of course, if AD is correct and the boat wasn't in TN in the first place, then it does sound like MP just wanted an excuse. From the things AD has told media and said in interviews, it seems like there were multiple times MP was supposed to go to the lake house but he always backed out.

I remember AD stating that the boat was always in AL and hadn't been moved in 3 years. Can you check on that Sleuthy?

:twocents:Oriah and Carolina ...MP is always watching this forum, but we know he is not talking (just lurking), so I will attempt to answer your inquiry. The boat has always been in Alabama. When it is not in the water in Alabama, it is in the "boat lift"/boat house on the Eazy St property (in Alabama). The boat is not used in TN at all. Even when it is out of the water being worked on/maintenance-wise, it is done in Alabama, NOT Tennessee. I hope this clears up any boat/trailering questions with regard to the boat.:twocents:

I think it was just said to shut up the poster who was bugging her about it. LOL I think she turned it over to the FBI and she has copy....all MOO.

I think that there wasn't really anything important on it, and she has tried to play it off like something big. Nothing she has claimed about it made sense. First it was SO important, but LE wouldn't even look at it, then they wanted it but she didn't trust them, then she keeps saying that the person who is asking her about it is prolly Matt or one of his family (why the heck would Matt or any family or friend of his bug her to turn over something that is supposedly sooo damning to him???). Then she tells this person who she thinks is somehow connected with Matt that she will only turn it over if he talks? There is nothing there, nothing bad or important and she is trying to continue the threat of it. if it were real and contained anything important she would have pestered the LE to the point they would have taken it to get rid of her, and most likely she would have posted it to the Internet, to make certain the whole world knew.

So this would be the cul de sac.
What house was this vehicle stopping at?

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/palmgren-1001248-button-gail.html
"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button.

Your post made me remember...isn't the house next door or across the street vacant/possibly for sale? That could certainly be cause for strange vehicles to be around. Realtors, bankers, appraisers, potential buyers, etc.

Oh BTW Oriah, is there a link to where I (or anyone else) can look up the pings and stuff on NORAD? That would be really interesting! Thanks

:twocents:Emeralgem...just using your post to bounce off of...Hope you don't mind...Is mainly for McSpy's information. FYI---->Gail was offered a very good high paying position after she was laid off at Novartis in June 2010 but, MP told her not to take it. She was okay with that and did not accept the offer. She chose to be a stay at home Mom and loved staying at home with the children. Her job at Novartis required a great deal of travel, many times she took the children with her, along with her mother in law and sometimes her sister DNN (Mother in law and/or Aunt would be sitters during work hours and off time was spent with the kids as if it was vacation time). The travel, during those times was viewed as a "fun time for all", like a vacation of sorts. Finances were good until MP hit GP up for TWO large loans (from Gail's personal account) of $20,000.00 each in a short period of time before she went missing...not to mention the almost every other day $$$ ATM withdraws:waitasec:. GP knew nothing about those frequent withdraws (every other day) until her own PI shared ALL THE INFORMATION and pix that he had accumulated while looking into MP's affairs per GP's request. This was done to ready herself and the children for the divorce she was planning on filing very soon.

Also,
Less than 4 days after being reported missing by MP, after constant urging (insistence) of Gail's sister DNN and her friend AD on Monday May 2, 2011...Upon seeing AD's car in the driveway of a neighbor across the street form Gail's home (SB)...MP called SB's home phone and asked to speak with AD. You see, MP told the children that their Mom was down at the lake with Miss A ....and now Ms. A's vehicle (which the kids know) is parked directly across the street from their home on Signal Mountain. This concerned Matt enough to call SB home and ask to speak to AD. When SB gave AD the phone Matt asked "what are you doing here?" AD said she was here to look for Gail. She told him..."the more people looking the better chance they have of finding Gail". He disagreed and said "A she ran away, she is not kidnapped". AD said "Matt we need to find Gail for the kids". He replied "there is nothing you can do". AD said "I am going place to place to try to find her". Matt said "we are looking for her and I am doing everything I am told to do". Matt then continued by saying the following to AD..."You are making things worse by being here":waitasec: and then he abruptly hung up the phone on AD unexpectedly:banghead:. AD wanted to scream at him,:maddening: but she kept calm until he hung up on her.

IMHO ----> What a "piece of work huh?"

I agree! A piece of work! I would say it is obvious that he had something to do with her disappearance. Of course, there is that tiny possibility she had an accident, but he's looking bad to me. My opinion, of course.

I agree! A piece of work! I would say it is obvious that he had something to do with her disappearance. Of course, there is that tiny possibility she had an accident, but he's looking bad to me. My opinion, of course.

Me, too. Among the various, active missing persons cases here, this one strikes me as the most clear cut case of the husband/bf/spouse being the responsible party.

It also feels like one that LE might move to the back burner too soon and never resolve.

Should be one they've already closed, but at this point, hard to have faith in TN LE.
:mad:

I’ve compiled a brief chronological synopsis to help explain my point of view…

In or near SM:

MP kicked in the door to a room where Gail had retreated in 11/2010.

Gail had a black eye in early 4/2011.

DV call to LE by Gail on 4/22/2011.

DV call to LE on 4/29/2011.

Gail disappears afternoon of 4/30/2011.

MP seen “jovial” at ball game on evening of 4/30/2011.

MP files Missing Persons report at insistence of DN on 5/2/2011.

MP criminal defense lawyers-up on 5/6/2011
(JP and TH criminal defense lawyer-up, too)

MP files for a separation, custody of the children and sole use of the SM family home 5/2011.
(MP states in court docs that Gail has serious mental issues.)

Yet, MP does not actively try to locate Gail, as far as we know.

MP does not cooperate with LE by submitting to official interviews nor does MP allow Gail’s children to be interviewed, even though the children were with Gail on 4/29/2011 and, reportedly, until noonish on 4/30/2011.

The last persons to talk with Gail on 4/30/2011 HOLD THE KEY! In my opinion, those persons would include MP and the children.

LE claims they do not have probable cause…then what would one call it??? There have been documented DV calls with-in days of Gail’s disappearance. On 4/30/2011, Gail told her sister, DN, that she was afraid and wanted LE to be at the SM home when she returned with the children from the AL lake house. But there is no cause for alarm…..are you kidding???

IMO, MP has painted himself into a corner…a very dark corner….he needs to give a thorough statement and poly to the police to clear himself or otherwise…..and he needs to let his children talk to LE. If he doesn’t follow through with these steps….the children are going to be immeasurably injured by this lack of action to help find their mother, Gail.

Yes, MP may be totally innocent of any criminal wrong doing but his actions and lack thereof have painted a much different picture and he needs to clear himself from suspicion by completely cooperating with LE. Because no matter what he may think…he is a POI until proven otherwise and he is being watched very closely by the forces that be, IMHO.

Having said that…I still believe an accident wherein Gail’s vehicle is obliterated by foliage or water is a distinct possibility! If an accident occured, I believe she and the jeep would be close to the SM home (and close to the last cell phone ping on 5/2). Back in one of the early threads, a local explained that behind the Palmgren residence off of Timesville Rd are miles and miles of woods with lakes and ponds! Not saying I believe that is where she would be but rather using what the local said as an example of what much of the mountain is like. I’ve also read on here locals' statements about sink holes and “quick sand” like substances in some areas on or around SM.

All IMO Only….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member