OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why LE would not at least say, yes, he took a test and, for example, so did lots of people, we don't release results.
I have heard that much in other cases.

When Chief Dickey was interviewed the first time he said HE HAD NOT taken a poly but would be asked to soon he thought, then JC went on NG and said he took one and passed it, the next day Chief refused to comment, when JC told NG he took one he specifically said he took it 2 days after she disappeared so someone lied.....my bet is Chief told the truth.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-woman-katelyn-markham-search-joined-texas/story?id=14405579

I guess JC is taking the cues about the past and present tense because the latest interviews have him speaking all in the present tense. He has corrected himself because when asked by NG why he was speaking in the past he said he didn't know what to do...so he picked past tense instead of present.

Also, it is very confusing that he keeps changing the facts. He now says that KM texted him that night and told him to go burn her bank documents because JC's mom told her to do that. WHAT....he originally said it was class schedules and legal documents. Yes I know that bank statments could be legal documents...but really...it is very difficult to give this guy the benefit of the doubt if he keeps changing his story. Unfortunately when you lie about things you can't remember them correctly because you have no experiential memory of it....

If she couldn't normally take texts or phone calls, why would he be worried that he hadn't heard from her? He even left his own work early to check on her.

In one of his interviews, the reporter said something to the effect of, You all are young, you probably text each other all day long, so the silence was unusual? - He said yes.

So it's interesting that his mom said that.

Does anyone know if Katelyn was an early riser? Maybe JC knew she would have been up hours before she was due in for work and she would have responded to his wake-up text message.

Still, that doesn't explain why he didn't just go and check up on her. And also, if he was THAT worried, he could have called David's Bridal and asked if she was working.

I just read an article I missed while typing this post (thanks ShouldBWorking!), and it says in the middle of the article that JC left Katelyn at 11:30 p.m. because "she always has to get up early"...so I guess that answers my question! She is an early riser... http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-woman-katelyn-markham-search-joined-texas/story?id=14405579

good grief- from the above link- so now KM texted JC to burn the stuff?? What, he threw it in the car for fun?? And was going to tote it around for what?? this article makes no sense
How much stuff does a just 21 yr old have to burn (shred) anyway? all you really need to worry about is stuff with signatures and ss#...why worry about class schedules?? that is just weird
the whole thing is weird

I find it strange that he mentioned the burning of documents, I know this has probably been discussed before but I havent read the full thread: have the police actually checked this bonfire and what was in it?????

Just way too suss for me, he is the last one to see her and then mentions that after he left her he went somewhere in the early hours of the morning to burn documents!!!

To me it all revolves around what was in that fire. I am not saying it is her in the fire but I think he was up to something!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-woman-katelyn-markham-search-joined-texas/story?id=14405579

I guess JC is taking the cues about the past and present tense because the latest interviews have him speaking all in the present tense. He has corrected himself because when asked by NG why he was speaking in the past he said he didn't know what to do...so he picked past tense instead of present.

Also, it is very confusing that he keeps changing the facts. He now says that KM texted him that night and told him to go burn her bank documents because JC's mom told her to do that. WHAT....he originally said it was class schedules and legal documents. Yes I know that bank statments could be legal documents...but really...it is very difficult to give this guy the benefit of the doubt if he keeps changing his story. Unfortunately when you lie about things you can't remember them correctly because you have no experiential memory of it....

Plus, wasn't there something said about JC's mom telling her she needed to keep financial records for 7 tears. Why would she burn bank statements? Surely she filed her taxes and knew she needed those bank records in case of needed verification. And 7 yrs back she would have been 15 yr old. I doubt she had a ton of bank records at 15.

good grief- from the above link- so now KM texted JC to burn the stuff?? What, he threw it in the car for fun?? And was going to tote it around for what?? this article makes no sense
How much stuff does a just 21 yr old have to burn (shred) anyway? all you really need to worry about is stuff with signatures and ss#...why worry about class schedules?? that is just weird
the whole thing is weird

You are a hoot....I'm still laughing.....hahaha

Does anyone know if Katelyn was an early riser? Maybe JC knew she would have been up hours before she was due in for work and she would have responded to his wake-up text message.

Still, that doesn't explain why he didn't just go and check up on her. And also, if he was THAT worried, he could have called David's Bridal and asked if she was working.

I just read an article I missed while typing this post (thanks ShouldBWorking!), and it says in the middle of the article that JC left Katelyn at 11:30 p.m. because "she always has to get up early"...so I guess that answers my question! She is an early riser... http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-woman-katelyn-markham-search-joined-texas/story?id=14405579

She seems to have things to do...two jobs, an intership, and school. And he says in one of his first interviews that he got home really late and was "watching TV and stuff like that" and he thought he would send her a good morning text so she would get it when she woke up. So if he left her around 11/12 and then went to burn things at his friends and then went home it could be 1,2,3.4 in the morning...who knows unless we get phone records as to what time he was up until. Papa Johns opens at 11 so he wouldn't have to be there until the earliest at 11....do they deliver pizza that early?

She seems to have things to do...two jobs, an intership, and school. And he says in one of his first interviews that he got home really late and was "watching TV and stuff like that" and he thought he would send her a good morning text so she would get it when she woke up. So if he left her around 11/12 and then went to burn things at his friends and then went home it could be 1,2,3.4 in the morning...who knows unless we get phone records as to what time he was up until. Papa Johns opens at 11 so he wouldn't have to be there until the earliest at 11....do they deliver pizza that early?

Yeah, why haven't we heard what time he got home, etc.? Nothing is jiving with his stories.

They may not start delivering pizza that early but I imagine they have to put together boxes, set tables, and tasks like that--I am not sure--do the delivery guys have to pitch in and do that stuff, too?

I thought young people kept everything on computer anyway...wouldn't have all that much paperwork, she wasn't a homeowner, for example...not to mention messing with the environment by burning it, but whatever...

If LE had NOT given him a LD test by last week when the Chief was on the radio, why not?? Very strange, it is usually done right away to cut through the BS as quickly as possible. Did he prefer to take his LD elsewhere? Outsource it, as it were...?

I thought young people kept everything on computer anyway...wouldn't have all that much paperwork, she wasn't a homeowner, for example...not to mention messing with the environment by burning it, but whatever...

If LE had NOT given him a LD test by last week when the Chief was on the radio, why not?? Very strange, it is usually done right away to cut through the BS as quickly as possible. Did he prefer to take his LD elsewhere? Outsource it, as it were...?

Such a great point. Did he actually have a LDT from the PD or from a private source? I can't imagine who to go to for a LDT other than the police. Maybe he researched it and found someone to do it for him.

If he didn’t even check with her work to see if she’d shown up there then why would he think she was missing and the police needed to get involved?

Exactly. He didn't do something as reasonable as calling her workplace before doing something as dramatic as asking to leave work to look for her? A simple phone call to David's Bridal could have prevented him from needing to leave work at all (or from needing to worry about her!). Yet he didn't make that call.

And this was obviously an emergency, so JC's mother's reason for them not contacting her work was ridiculous. Even if they're really THAT scared of the "don't call" policy, it's not an office or a lab something - it's a retail store. It's open to the public. He sure seems to have tons of loyal female friends and relatives, judging from Facebook - so why didn't JC or his mom stop by the store, or if they couldn't, ask someone else to do so?

I wonder if the bridal shop made any calls looking for her? It seems like they would have his phone number on record, since she was with him for so long, but maybe not. Still, did they try to find out why she hadn't show up?

From the latest article...

"She had a big old bag full of stuff from the bank and so she had me go and burn them," Carter said. "Personally, it really was just an innocent little chore she wanted me to do for her and basically I went to a friend's house and I got rid of them."

Personally, it really was just an innocent little chore...?

I don't even know what to say. lol

I wonder if the bridal shop made any calls looking for her? It seems like they would have his phone number on record, since she was with him for so long, but maybe not. Still, did they try to find out why she hadn't show up?

Our company policy is NOT to call someone if they don't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti