The Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. Ironically enough, I just saw a white kitten/cat standing outside my lanai meowing. As i opened the screen door she ran, but came when i called her. She was a bit thin, so I fed her some cat food and fresh water and when i stroked her, i noticed what looked like fleas on her white fur. So, i deduced the following:
I would NEVER have let this kitten into my bed until I had her bathed and de-flea'd especially bringing it in my bed with my child and infesting my linens!
Just doesn't make sense.
Another poster mentioned that DB might have thought it would make people think she was so sweet and caring, trying to lead suspicion away from a heinous act she may have committed. This is my thought as well.
I gotta go take a shower now since I'm totally freaked out by fleas and I'm feeling itchy!
BTW, the kitten left but by the way she let me rub her belly, i'm thinking she may have an owner...if not, I left the food out for her in case she wants to come back :)
Cats are like potato chips!! You can't have just one!!!
I have packets of the liquid flea killer on hand for that very reason! Hopefully the one you saw does have a home although it appears she could use better care. Bless you for leaving the food out!

:heartluv:

What is unusual about this story and finding the stray kitten "earlier in the day" is the trip to the supermarket didn't include purchasing anything for the kitten. Yet by the time JI arrived home, the kitten (who he allegedly hadn't seen before) was sleeping in the bed with DB and the boy. At this point I'm inclined to believe the kitten was somehow acquired sometime after he went to work. I still believe it would be the boys who found the kitten rather than DB.

plus Panthera - it was getting chilly at night there. I could see maybe sitting out there until it got dark - but once it was dark - too chilly. And, like you said - no checking on any of the kids - at all? 3 youngsters loose in a house................AND a sick baby in the crib? Nope, it doesn't add up for me either.

The kitten. When was it found? Where was it found? Who found it? Was there a discussion about keeping it (with the children)? All we've heard is "a stray kitten was found that day and also found sleeping in DB's bed with her and the 6 yr old.

We've heard-
a stray kitten brought into home
on the first night of dad working OT or a different shift
on the first night their baby goes missing
on the first night D's son sleeps with her
on the first night 3 cell phones were stolen
on the first night the window ? was left open
on the night D tells the world she was drunk.

I still call bs.

I have packets of the liquid flea killer on hand for that very reason! Hopefully the one you saw does have a home although it appears she could use better care. Bless you for leaving the food out!

What is unusual about this story and finding the stray kitten "earlier in the day" is the trip to the supermarket didn't include purchasing anything for the kitten. Yet by the time JI arrived home, the kitten (who he allegedly hadn't seen before) was sleeping in the bed with DB and the boy. At this point I'm inclined to believe the kitten was somehow acquired sometime after he went to work. I still believe it would be the boys who found the kitten rather than DB.

BBM

ITA - but how would the boys have found a stray kitten from inside their bedroom watching a movie? Those kids were outside at some point in time that afternoon / evening / night. Has to be for a stray kitten to be found! Stray kittens don't just wander into houses - nope ain't buyin' it.

Correct, it would have been chilly outside by 10:30pm. I don't understand sitting outside in the dark, drinking wine, when one could go inside and sit in the living room where they could actually hear if the baby cried, or get something for the boys from the kitchen, etc. And this neighbor's child was also inside the house. A four year old girl watching a movie with two boys, age 6 and 8? Whatever!!!

:waitasec:

Indeed, it doesn't reflect good mothering now that we've discussed it so hang on...another version of the story is no doubt in the wings.

JMO

Correct, it would have been chilly outside by 10:30pm. I don't understand sitting outside in the dark, drinking wine, when one could go inside and sit in the living room where they could actually hear if the baby cried, or get something for the boys from the kitchen, etc. And this neighbor's child was also inside the house. A four year old girl watching a movie with two boys, age 6 and 8? Whatever!!!

I checked the history on Weather Underground for Monday October the 3rd. The temperature at 5:54 PM was 80.1. By 9:54 PM it had dropped to 72.0. I don't think that's too chilly to sit outside. The skies were clear, sounds like an ideal night to me. I think I read somewhere that DB was smoking so that is probably why they didn't move inside.

Well.... to be fair.......they were probably sitting outdoors drinking because drinking goes together w/ smoking (for drinkers who smoke) and maybe they, like many, do not smoke in their house. Soooo.... what if the stray kitten wandered up while they were out there on the porch ....and Deborah thought he/she was cute and brought him/her indoors and maybe poured a saucer of milk or something, not having cat food?

BBM

ITA - but how would the boys have found a stray kitten from inside their bedroom watching a movie? Those kids were outside at some point in time that afternoon / evening / night. Has to be for a stray kitten to be found! Stray kittens don't just wander into houses - nope ain't buyin' it.

I'm not believing the boys and the 4 y/o girl were all inside watching a movie for four hours between Lisa being put to bed and the neighbor leaving approximately 10:30pm. The boys likely were outside sometime after JI went to work before sunset and found the kitten.

I checked the history on Weather Underground for Monday October the 3rd. The temperature at 5:54 PM was 80.1. By 9:54 PM it had dropped to 72.0. I don't think that's too chilly to sit outside. The skies were clear, sounds like an ideal night to me. I think I read somewhere that DB was smoking so that is probably why they didn't move inside.

Thanks. I was going by the report that the temperature was in the 40s by the time the man carrying the diapered baby was allegedly seen, which was only a couple of hours after DB and the neighbor parted ways.

:)

Firstly, great idea about the flea liquid! I'm gonna pick some up tonight after I take my son to the fair...I have an indoor cat and am not fearful of fleas so don't have any on hand.
Secondly, very true about no supplies! Definitely NOT letting a stray cat into the house if i have no litter box! Tuna and milk will suffice to feed him/her but the time frame and situation is all hinky...
If the boys found him b4 she went to store at least one can of cat food would have been bought .. unless the neighbor lent her some stuff? She had a cat previously and maybe had a litter box already? strange.
Just like everything else about this case!

I'm not believing the boys and the 4 y/o girl were all inside watching a movie for four hours between Lisa being put to bed and the neighbor leaving approximately 10:30pm. The boys likely were outside sometime after JI went to work before sunset and found the kitten.

I agree. If DB managed to keep an 8, 6, and 4 year old in 1 room watching a movie for 4-5 hours, my hat is off to her. I need some tips because the longest my 3 and 5 year olds are going to watch TV is 45-60 minutes if I'm lucky. I think those kids were in and out of the house all night. They would probably watch the movie/play for a bit, then run out the door needing something or fighting about something. This is all MOO though and not based on anything. :twocents:

Firstly, great idea about the flea liquid! I'm gonna pick some up tonight after I take my son to the fair...I have an indoor cat and am not fearful of fleas so don't have any on hand.
Secondly, very true about no supplies! Definitely NOT letting a stray cat into the house if i have no litter box! Tuna and milk will suffice to feed him/her but the time frame and situation is all hinky...
If the boys found him b4 she went to store at least one can of cat food would have been bought .. unless the neighbor lent her some stuff? She had a cat previously and maybe had a litter box already? strange.
Just like everything else about this case!

Or even if the neighbor still had some litter, it could be put into a cardboard or plastic box. However, nothing is mentioned, therefore only speculation as to what did or didn't happen. In my mind there isn't anything strange about children wanting to bring a new pet into the house, however, it is this case that has so many unusual things going on in one night that lends incredibility.

:)

I agree. If DB managed to keep an 8, 6, and 4 year old in 1 room watching a movie for 4-5 hours, my hat is off to her. I need some tips because the longest my 3 and 5 year olds are going to watch TV is 45-60 minutes if I'm lucky. I think those kids were in and out of the house all night. They would probably watch the movie/play for a bit, then run out the door needing something or fighting about something. This is all MOO though and not based on anything. :twocents:

Granted unless the kids are exhausted or sick, very unlikely they are all perfect little angels in a room watching TV for that long!

As we pick apart the kitten story, I realize she is probably covering up for the whole evening, what really went on. I thought at first, giving her the benefit of a doubt still, that she was confessing to being drunk in her attempt to find her baby. Now it seems she did have to say she was drunk to cover up the whole evening when details (that would make sense) were required of her. The neighbor must have things to cover up too since we have nothing but silence from her.

Well the neighbor I am sure had been interviewed by the police. Police doesn't want their witnesses to go and talk to the media. So we can't read anything into the fact that this neighbor has not talked to the media.

As we pick apart the kitten story, I realize she is probably covering up for the whole evening, what really went on. I thought at first, giving her the benefit of a doubt still, that she was confessing to being drunk in her attempt to find her baby. Now it seems she did have to say she was drunk to cover up the whole evening when details (that would make sense) were required of her. The neighbor must have things to cover up with her since there is only silence about her participation in the evening.

I assume that the neighbor is talking to LE and BS (the PI). Just because she hasn't given a statement to the media doesn't mean that she isn't talking to anyone. MOO

As we pick apart the kitten story, I realize she is probably covering up for the whole evening, what really went on. I thought at first, giving her the benefit of a doubt still, that she was confessing to being drunk in her attempt to find her baby. Now it seems she did have to say she was drunk to cover up the whole evening when details (that would make sense) were required of her. The neighbor must have things to cover up too since we have nothing but silence from her.

I think you hit the nail on the head.
I wish the neighbor would talk a little.
I bet LE asked her to keep it zipped.

imo

Wasn't there an early report of the boys falling asleep while watching tv? Before anyone knew about the neighbors. That's the only way I could see the older 3 kids being in the house all that time, if they fell asleep. That doesn't make much sense either since the neighbor child would have needed to be taken home.

Wasn't there an early report of the boys falling asleep while watching tv? Before anyone knew about the neighbors. That's the only way I could see the older 3 kids being in the house all that time, if they fell asleep. That doesn't make much sense either since the neighbor child would have needed to be taken home.

Yes that was reported earlier w1df10wr. Good memory. ;)

I can see the kids eating dinner together, watching a movie and falling asleep.

imo

plus Panthera - it was getting chilly at night there. I could see maybe sitting out there until it got dark - but once it was dark - too chilly. And, like you said - no checking on any of the kids - at all? 3 youngsters loose in a house................AND a sick baby in the crib? Nope, it doesn't add up for me either.

The kitten. When was it found? Where was it found? Who found it? Was there a discussion about keeping it (with the children)? All we've heard is "a stray kitten was found that day and also found sleeping in DB's bed with her and the 6 yr old.

My questions exactly WOO. And were there no provisions made for this kitten? No litter, no food? And if there were these things, where the heck did they come from if Debbie never left the house that night?

All Debbie tells us is that she was drinking on the stoop with the neighbor. So did this kitten just come strolling up to Debbie's stoop carrying a little hobo sack on a stick full of it's own food and litter? "Hey lady...spare a dime?"

WTH? :waitasec:

That is exactly what I'm not understanding about DB and the neighbor being outside so long. The movie should have been long over, and the little girl also asleep.

I still am curious about the nightmare which DB is now saying brought the boy and the kitten into bed with DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member