Deborah Bradley's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa?

It was reported early on (like day three???) that he was deployed...

It was reported today in this video that he is in the reserves... with that being said, (I am an army wife of 18 years) reservists usually are deployed around 18 months minimum with the training that required beforehand.... could have something to do with that I am sure (and also why they have put off divorcing possibly??... not impossible to do while deployed but most likely much easier to do when boots are back on the ground in the US)

moo

nursebeeme, are there rules about divorce during the time right before and right after a deployment? I think I heard that once, but i'm not sure if it is true.

About the pic, looks like christmas and she is gussied up. Plus, she has had another child since and has put on extra lbs, I know I did after my second, lol. But, it does look like her to me.

If they were still married, would there be any requirement of him to pay child support? IIRC my friend had to wait for her divorce to be final before she could receive CS.

Since this is a piece composed strictly of randomly selected quotes by the news station, I'm not going to try to read into this at this point.

BBM
There are many active military men and women who have not seen their children for extended times because of deployment. Sadly, there are some who never see their children again as they are KIA/MIA.
I agree some never get to see their children again and its awful. Thank God our troops are coming home.
I have family in the service and they do COMMUNICATE. so again more questions than answers. All moo

repost-
BBM
There are many active military men and women who have not seen their children for extended times because of deployment. Sadly, there are some who never see their children again as they are KIA/MIA.

When you have been a child of a service member, wondering when they will come home, you will understand it is a part of military life. This should not be made into an issue, the man is fighting for our country and deserves respect! IMHO

I absolutely understand that. How many of those in the military fighting for their lives wouldn't pick up the phone to talk to their child in 2 years? I understand not seeing him if obstacles are in the way....but no phone call.

IMHO that's unexcuseable.

MOO

Mel

It was reported early on (like day three???) that he was deployed...

It was reported today in this video that he is in the reserves... with that being said, (I am an army wife of 18 years) reservists usually are deployed around 18 months minimum with the training that required beforehand.... could have something to do with that I am sure (and also why they have put off divorcing possibly??... not impossible to do while deployed but most likely much easier to do when boots are back on the ground in the US)

moo

...or maybe he wants that extra $250/month in family separation pay. I bet his chain of command is not going to be happy about this and tell him he needs to get it taken care of ASAP. KWIM? MOO

OK, back to try and catch up...

IMHO they have been seperated longer than 2 years. And nursebemee you can correct me if I am wrong but everyone I know that has been deployed has made some sort of contact within that 2 yr time frame. Im sorry but something is not right with this picture. Im sure there is more to the story but if it doesnt lead us to Lisa im not interested!

Has it been confirmed that SB is currently deployed in Iraq?

oh pfffftttt...they can't afford a divorce. I divorced my ex and we did it all by ourselves with about 300 bucks. You're telling me that in 2 years the two of them couldn't scrape together enough funds for paperwork and a filing fee?

And he hasn't spoken to DB or his son (for goodness sake) for 2 years. How does he know she's a good mom? I wonder if he's even paying to support his son? It would be a good reason to give her a glowing review if he isn't.

I'm calling bull=chit.

MOO

Mel

Since Deborah is still married to her son's father, could she be collecting a monthly check for herself as well as for her son because he is in the service? If she is, that could also be a factor impacting the decision to get a divorce. I'm asking anyone familiar with how this works but could she be receiving a larger check if she is still married to the son's father?

I absolutely understand that. How many of those in the military fighting for their lives wouldn't pick up the phone to talk to their child in 2 years? I understand not seeing him if obstacles are in the way....but no phone call.

IMHO that's unexcuseable.

MOO

Mel

Im a military wife. 20 years. He can call and talk to family.moo

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servicemembers_Civil_Relief_Act"]Servicemembers Civil Relief Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/sscra/l/blscramenu.htm

"The Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act protects active duty military personnel, including activated reservists and deployed members of the National Guard, from the initiation or continuation of any legal process against them while serving in the defense of the United States."

http://www.dcsmithpllc.com/Practice-Areas/SCRA-Protection.shtml

Has it been confirmed that SB is currently deployed in Iraq?

Hes supposedly back now.moo Maybe he will go and get his son and have him interviewed by a professional so we can find baby lisa. moo!!!!

Servicemembers Civil Relief Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/sscra/l/blscramenu.htm

"The Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act protects active duty military personnel, including activated reservists and deployed members of the National Guard, from the initiation or continuation of any legal process against them while serving in the defense of the United States."

http://www.dcsmithpllc.com/Practice-Areas/SCRA-Protection.shtml

Thank you for finding this!

About him not calling and talking to his son, some people change there cell # often, maybe he didn't have a number to call. Also, some bases are not secure and soldiers don't always have the ability to get online and make calls very often. My SIL just got back and he was in some of those unsecure areas at times. Even some of his care packages were delayed because of it. Other soldiers we know were able to get on fb almost daily, so it is different depending on their job and location.

I agree some never get to see their children again and its awful. Thank God our troops are coming home.
I have family in the service and they do COMMUNICATE. so again more questions than answers. All moo

If they were not together before or when he was there then there would be no/limited communication. IMHO

Im a military wife. 20 years. He can call and talk to family.moo

If they were not together before or when he was there then there would be no/limited communication. IMHO

Hes supposedly back now.moo Maybe he will go and get his son and have him interviewed by a professional so we can find baby lisa. moo!!!!
What do you mean by supposedly back? When did he return? Is there any confirmation of that?

I also have to wonder, has Sean Bradley done something that makes him fair game for citicism? He's not a person of interest in this case, that I'm aware of.

I understand about not talking to DB, but to have NO contact with his child? none, zip, nada, for 2 years? That just has dysfunction written all over it. I'd like to know the back story, but since it prolly doesn't have much to do with Lisa missing I'm not gonna stress about it.

MOO

Mel

As a 'brat', I can attest to the fact that military is NOT paid well and I understand the financial issue delaying a divorce. SB has been deployed and if he has boots on the ground in the Middle East, a divorce stateside is the last of his worries. 'Duck and cover' more so.

Also, I think we should be grateful to SB for his service to this country.

That is awesome! Yes, instead of picking SB apart, we should remember that he is serving us as US citizens! He is obviously underpaid so....THANK YOU SB FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK TO A REPORTER.

Why go off on these tangents of trying to figure out why SB has not seen his son for 2 years, Isn't the issue to find LISA IRWIN? Is there a discussion group that exists to help? I am not sure what horrifies me more...a person being disturbed enough to take a child away from a loving environment with her parents or all of the people that are a part of convicting DB and JI before any REAL evidence is found. Thank you for reminding me of the exact reason we did away with our television years ago!
Where is the community outcry, support? Are any of us that blog, actively looking for LISA while out on a daily basis or are we just hiding throwing unfounded accusations around that take the spotlight off of LISA and onto convicting her devastated, grieving parents. Wouldn't it be better to keep a positive outlook on the fact that LISA just might be out there and with a joined effort, we might find her! Valuable time and resources have all ready been lost due to LE and the FBI focusing mainly on the alleged guilt of Lisa's parents. Remember...Do not judge, lest you be judged!
This is a great site with a noble purpose, let's stick to the task at hand and FIND LISA IRWIN! I say these things with respect for every person here, I just feel we are buying into a media rating frenzy that distorts, edits, misquotes, confuses and misuses their influence for their own personal gain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery
Back