Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty One

Seriously? This ******* just said he needed to get paid because he has no other source of income any more? Anesthesiologists make HUGE amounts of money, and this cat was getting money from big pharma too. And now we're supposed to think he's trying to survive on social security or something? Grrrrrrrrr.

If he was so stupid as not to invest $$ in retirement, then serves him right! A Nurse anesthetist makes a starting salary of $100,000+ per year, so can you imagine what the anesthesiologists make (they have multiple cases in progress cause they have anesthetists, so they are raking in the $$ from many patients at one time).

Dr. White and jurors asked by Judge P to return tomorrow at 9:30.

Sidebar before today's recess.

Camera on CM: Picks up a mini-back pack & kinda feels it with his hands.
Reaches in the side pocket and takes out...

Dang it... camera pans to Dr White still in his chair.

Looked as though sheriff standing next to CM got a little nervous, too, about what CM was taking out of bag.

Just saying. Not insinuating anything.

But I do wonder what's in that bag. Doesn't look like papers to me.

CPR should be started in 1 to 2 minutes?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come upon a victim, shake and shout are you okay, no response call 911, open airway and proceed. How long do you think that would take in a persons home? Certainly not 1 - 2 minutes. That whole scenario would tai 15 sec max, unless you didn't know what to do as obviously some don't.

Anyone think rebuttal will go into next week?

Anyone think rebuttal will go into next week?

OH Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz

Between this and Dancin' With The Stars two nights a week, I hope not.

I have RL stuff that needs attention!!

After reading Plumeria's post: "He also developed a sudden cold.".......

I'll give him the benefit of doubt & say his red nose is caused by # 3 blowing it.

Yes, Plum -- he blew more than than, IMO, this morning....
icon10.gif

"I did not take the time to analyze these reports in detail" ad nauseum...

For $3,500/day or what ever he expected from them, he should have, IMO.

That's pretty good cash.... But when you look at CM's, his would have been $5000/day. OMG.

And he kept saying " I have not looked at Murray's police interview since February." REALLY? WHY NOT? Aren't you being paid to testify about the potential innocence of this man? And you cannot find the time to read and review just what he said the facts were?

Come upon a victim, shake and shout are you okay, no response call 911, open airway and proceed. How long do you think that would take in a persons home? Certainly not 1 - 2 minutes. That whole scenario would tai 15 sec max, unless you didn't know what to do as obviously some don't.

Yes, but he didn't know the zip code, and um....there is a gate so they were really isolated....and besides, he is a cardioligist...he does not need any old EMT to come help him...and he was already dead anyway..soo....umm

White isn't into pharmacokinetics. It's one place Shafer has him one-upped. Apparently, Flannagan dug someone up at the last minute to do the graphs. I wonder if Walgren will mention the +-50% on the results.

If Shafer is called back on rebuttal, I'm thinking he would be asked to do those calculations himself to see what he came up with.

From what I heard on HLN, the jury has pretty much given up on taking notes on the cross. Is it that they are surprised at White's testimony or they are tired of the topic?

My odds on this are 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other, C'Moon!

The general rule is: "One Lawyer Per Witness". I've never actually seen it written down anywhere, but it's more designed to prevent multiple lawyers on the same side making objections. In this case, Flanagan clearly understands the "science" better than Chernoff, and I doubt this DT will take any chances in further irritating this judge today.

Oh, in case you're wondering why there's a contempt hearing down the road on the "" comments, but White was fined $1000 for his behavior today: it's because the latter contempt was committed in front of the judge. -gate, OTOH, took place where the judge didn't hear it, thus he will have to have a hearing on that contempt with witnesses, etc.

:)

It's so good to have a lawyer around the house! Thanks for the info.

Now if anyone has a question about Chaucer or Virginia Woolf, lemme know...:crazy:

Jane V-M just said that CM has until 11:30 am tomorrow
to decide & report whether he's going to testify.

If the DT has any smarts whatsoever, they will NEVER let CM take the stand.

CM has a big problem either way: If he was lying in the police interview, then nothing he say can be believed; if he told the truth, then he was grossly negligent on June 25th, 2009.

I missed a lot of testimony today. Real life called.:banghead:

Did White say that the state tried to hire him?

Just curious. I read that on another site.

IMO

CM is conferring with Chernoff as Walgren prepares some documents. CM does not look happy.

Walgren has eroded Dr. White's testimony pretty extensively -- he's gotten Dr. White to admit that the standards of care are a "good idea" even when just providing a bolus dose of propofol, not an infusion.

BBM

Thanks, Bravo. White is caving nicely.

And about that infusion....

We've got to get back to the infusion, IMO, Gang. I'm afraid that pinning it on CM even now after today, is still iffy. That one juror that o-o-state-lawyer knows so well. And she's so right.

They still haven't pinned down the large amount of drugs in his body -- two 25mg does of milk won't do it, but a drip will, as our hero Shafer showed us the other day. Bring our brilliant gas-passer back in and have him go over it one more time. Where did all the AR levels come from? Or did MJ just happen to die of a heart attack by coinky-dink? Nah. Well, they've got to prove it to that last juror.

And McSteamy will. Before the jury goes screaming out of there due to Flan-again.
icon8.gif

I suspect Flanagan may also have told him to knock off the BS. Acting like an evasive idiot isn't doing CM any good, and Flanagan knows this. This is one of the reasons I asked if White had ever testified as an expert before. A good expert will not provide the other side's attorney a huge target.

It seems he has testified before since he said his REGULAR rate is $3500 per day.

IMO

Does anyone know, re what J V-M said, that it means that the defense & the
prosecution told the Judge they'd be through with Dr White by 11:30 am tomorrow?

If so, and there are no more witnesses, do they go straight to closing arguments, the same day?

And how long do you expect the CAs to take?

Am i wrong or does Dr. White say it was ok DR. Murray did not tell paramedics he gave MJ propofol???????????:furious: :maddening:

Dr. White reminds me of one of those irresponsible problem parents who always screams "Not MY kid." :innocent: The excuses abound.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin
Back