Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty One

I missed a lot of testimony today. Real life called.:banghead:

Did White say that the state tried to hire him?

Just curious. I read that on another site.

IMO

I didn't hear that. But it doesn't mean it wasn't said.
I would think someone would've posted that on here, if so.

Jane V-M (or another TH on HLN) on one of the breaks, today
said that Shafer was also getting paid. We know that he isn't.

We also know that some people just don't get their facts straight,
or always hear what they think they heard.

Poor pathetic Dr White. Walgren just called him Dr Shafer for the 2nd or 3rd time.

I think everyone wishes it were Dr Shafer up there doing the explaining.

Well, he won't be as "poor" when this is over as he is today. He wasn't subpoenaed, he was PAID to be here, as we all know.

Pieces of gold or integrity: Pick one and only one Dr. White.

IMO those graphs and any testimony re: them should be tossed out. He is testifying outside the scope of his expertise and that is usually not allowed.

One question has been cleared up in my mind and that is that Dr. Shafer has been the better expert without a doubt.

Usually the juror weighs the experts' testimony -- hope they throw his all out. This is outrageous

BBM And it's insulting as well, Credence. To everyone in that courtroom.

Especially to the jury, and I hope they have already realized it. All that testimony by him last week for however long it was -- and he's up there flushing it down the toilet. That's good that he is -- we certainly did prior to today, but to drag those 15 or 16 (or however many there are on that panel) people up there thru all this again, dayam. Did he not realize what this man Walgren would do to him? He's in a tight spot I guess. How do you regain your integrity in the midst of all this carp he has hung on the walls of that room. And on, and on, and on.

forgive the mini-rant

It seems he has testified before since he said his REGULAR rate is $3500 per day.

IMO

Yes, I caught that. But this guy was such a horrible witness that I cannot believe he's had much practice as a testifying expert. Why would an expert want to argue with opposing counsel (after all, he really shouldn't have to, being that he's the expert and all)? Anybody who was at this for a while would know that being an affable, likeable guy means....future business. I'm thinking maybe he's given a few depos in med mal cases.

Flanagan: <mid question>
Judge: Let me know when's a good time for the adjournment.
Flanagan: This is fine, your honor!

I don't get the sense Flanagan was too eager to continue!

So is Flanagan through with re-direct?

I heard that Walgren will be calling Dr. Shafer in rebuttal.

Flanagan's up again.

Can. The. Judge. Ask. Flanagan. To. <cough> Speed. Up. His. Sentences. And. Questi......

Let. Me. Rephrase. This. Oh sh#t. I. Forgot. What. I. Was. Going. To. Say.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz <belch>

:floorlaugh: Beautiful. LOL and ROTFL. :floorlaugh: Squeak, squeak, squeak. :floorlaugh:We needed that little shot of humor, and thanks for doing it. Still LOL. :floorlaugh:

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
When prosecutors David Walgren and Deborah Brazil passed by fans in the hallway, they erupted in cheers, clapping for Walgren's performance

After defense concludes with Dr White, they plan on calling Dr Ornellas, the one who put together the models Dr White spoke about. #Murray

After Dr Ornellas, defense is prepared to rest their case. Walgren said he will call Dr. Shafer, briefly, as rebuttal witness. #MurrayTrial

Judge says he expects all the evidence in the case 2 be concluded tomorrow. Trial is set 2 resume at 9:30 am w/ end of re-direct of Dr White

Dr. #Murray and attorneys are ordered back at 8:30 am tomorrow to discuss exhibits, schedule and whether Dr. #Murray will testify.

Do you think Dr. #Murray should testify on his behalf? It's his constitutional right to either testify or not. #conradmurraytrial

I think the idea that security would not right away let an emergency vehicle in the gate is absurd. That excuse for not calling 911 is just not making sense to me.

Absurd indeed, Talina, but what else did he have? Diddly.

ZIP code, I mean really, Conrad. Oh, you forgot to worry about latitude & longitude.

I still say he was looking for any delay available to absolve himself about letting MJ die probably 30--45 minutes before he found him. :rubberducky:

CPR should be started in 1 to 2 minutes?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the 911 call should have been made at 1 1/2 minutes. You are so right. Minutes are golden.

Ridiculous, but a good waste of time to give CM as much lapsed time as possible since his only patient in the world had already been dead for probably 30 minutes.

Some more details on the contempt charge against Dr. White, from the LA Times:

Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren protested to the judge outside the jury’s presence that White was intentionally dropping mentions of information from his conversations with Murray.

Defense attorney Michael Flanagan said White could not be expected to specifically recall what information he got from Murray’s police interview and what information he got from his meetings with the physician.

Pastor said he didn’t buy that explanation.

“Nice try,” Pastor said. "This is so obvious .... He’s trying at every juncture to add in other material. It’s deliberate, I don’t like it, it’s not going to happen again.”

Pastor said when White once again referred to the conversation despite his admonishment, it was a direct violation of his order.

The contempt of court charge is the second for White, who was also chided by the judge earlier this month for making comments about a prosecution witness reported on a website.

Pastor said he would hold a hearing on both contempt charges Nov. 16.

LOL

Flanagan:
Can you make a diagnosis if the patient is not breathing, eyes open, mouth open?

White:
Well, I might think he's dead.

We got us a No-Sh#t-Sherlock here, folks.

Flanagan is trying to justify CM's not calling 911... cuz he was dead.

Uh - yeahhhh! We've been saying that. Very dead, in fact!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: You have got to stop! LOL - ouch, yet again. You're killing my poor little rib, peace. But I love it. Whew, I think I needed that. Dayam, you tickle me. Please. Don't. Stop. Owie-dammint.
icon10.gif

Judge: "Is that a new tubing?" (that Flanagan wants to show the jury)

White: "It's the same tubing, just a new one right outta the bag, see?"

Judge: < STFU, White> "I'm asking the counsel."

LOL - Ouch - dammit.

Didn't one of the paramedics testify that MJ was cool to the touch? If the human body cools at roughly 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit per hour, MJ could have been dead for hour or more.

I'm guessing this is what happened:

CM was clueless. He doesn't use (or possibly even know about) vented tubing sets that allow you to draw directly from a glass bottle of propofol. He possibly doesn't even realize the bottle has a plastic tab that you're supposed to hang it with.

He tries to get MJ to sleep with midazolam and diazepam, but to no avail. MJ is still awake. You can hear the frustration in CM's voice when he relays this in the police interview, that MJ just won't fall asleep.

So CM takes the almost-drained saline bag that he previously used to hydrate MJ earlier in the evening, then crudely spikes the top of a Propofol bottle, putting it into the saline bag and lets it flow freely into the drip. Either accidentally or intentionally, he leaves the IV set wide open, so MJ gets a big dose and finally falls asleep.

CM is relieved and finally takes a break to make some phone calls and relax. MJ dies sometime in this period and it goes unnoticed by CM because of the lack of monitoring and audible alarm. He discovers MJ, panics, makes up a story that he was only gone for two minutes. Finally CM calls Michael Amir, and the rest is history.

Seriously? This ******* just said he needed to get paid because he has no other source of income any more? Anesthesiologists make HUGE amounts of money, and this cat was money from big pharma too. And now we're supposed to think he's trying to survive on social security or something? Grrrrrrrrr.

Yep, they do make big, big hunks o' money in their specialty. I was thinking when he said that, you don't have a SEP or a 401K or retirement or board dues . C'mon man. Maybe you better bring your sodium pentothal (truth serum) with you tomorrow and your day with be much, much happier and so will peace's new heart-throb, JP.
icon10.gif

I missed a lot of testimony today. Real life called.:banghead:

Did White say that the state tried to hire him?

Just curious. I read that on another site.

IMO

Didn't hear anything about the state trying to hire White, but I was gone for half of the trial today.

Dr. White's response as to what he would do was wrong. In adult's 911 is called first, unless a person has to be removed from serious life threatening danger, i.e. in the water, about to fall from steps or furniture, in a vehicle about to explode or on fire, etc. You get my point. Babies and infants are resuscitated for a period of time, then 911 is called (they deteriorate much more quickly than children and adults).

Thanks -- my DH just finished renewing his XXXX (doh - whatever it it called) for CPR & defibrillator training) and that's what he told me, too, when we were discussing it. Interesting -- I had never thought about the special steps for babies, but it makes sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back