GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

so the shotgun stock is considered by state as the murder weapon, and seems they still have much testing yet to do, they better hope there is no DNA in the mix that does not belong to the family of Guy or Huys own DNA otherwise there may be a whole other interpretation of the crime

I am still amazed that 1 person could beat to death 4 adult males, I male teenager who wrestled in highschool, and 3 females plus attack the survoving toddler on his own and not one of them made it out the door of the trailer,

the trial will be very interesting when it finally gets going, unless there is a plea deal before it gets to trial

I am still amazed that 1 person could beat to death 4 adult males, I male teenager who wrestled in highschool, and 3 females plus attack the survoving toddler on his own and not one of them made it out the door of the trailer

There was some mention of drugs early on. Maybe some meth or other stimulant. I've heard that sometimes these types of drugs can fuel a rage.

I was surprised too, early on by the numbers but I'm not anymore after thinking about the factors....

young strong male....
stimulants or other drugs.....
weapons.....
anger.....
cramped trailer....
late at night catching victims off guard....
victims in shock seeing relative doing something extreme (the "why are you doing this to us" split second thought that cost them their lives).

As you can see...I am here doing my periodic internet search of Guy Heinze news. I do it every so often because the story riveted me at the time. I am shocked and still confused why I find almost nothing about this case anymore. Google doesn't catch a thing under "news" for him. What gives? I was equally riveted to Casey Anthony but that was one child and this was 7 people, if I remember right. I am waiting to be satiated with some kind of public answer and explanation. It is hard to accept the most likely one that there is no really justifiable explanation....Justifiable meaning I can think to myself....yeah I guess if I were starving, I could do that. There are some crimes where I can understand why a murder happens.... I don't agree with it, but I can understand the context. This one, I just don't.

I'm thinking dumb people=dumb crime.

so the shotgun stock is considered by state as the murder weapon, and seems they still have much testing yet to do, they better hope there is no DNA in the mix that does not belong to the family of Guy or Huys own DNA otherwise there may be a whole other interpretation of the crime

I am still amazed that 1 person could beat to death 4 adult males, I male teenager who wrestled in highschool, and 3 females plus attack the survoving toddler on his own and not one of them made it out the door of the trailer,

the trial will be very interesting when it finally gets going, unless there is a plea deal before it gets to trial

Add in one window was open with a fan in it, and three people were in the kitchen.. I am amazed as well. I also still cant get over the fact that one person reportedly was supposed to be in the trailer that night but wasnt. I also find it interesting that persons mother showed up on the scene in such a dramatic state.

I also cant get over the silence on the case. Of course until Tyler is being arrested ,that always seems to bring up Guy's name in the news. I wont believe GH did this ,all alone or at all until I see proof ,and I also never have heard anyone say Guy was using meth. I have heard rumors of someone from the home selling Crack ,but it wasnt Guy Jr. JMO.

from that small snippet seems likely that he may get tried sometime in 2012, we shall see, I wonder if they have finished all the testing of evidence

Here's a bit of news. Only the sidebar on the left makes reference to the Heinze case. Maybe this will force some movement in the process.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...brunswick-circuit-judge-presided-through-fear

Interesting comments under the article. Thanks for posting this.

I find it odd other lawyers are refusing to speak up, it does seem to lead into there being information that has not been outed yet. These lawyers have an obligation to their clients and in their cases.

I've not been able to find any links to Glynn County court records to search for upcoming hearings, etc. Very frustrating.

His DOB is 8-18-87, that's about all I can find.

Why transfer him to Atlanta after a year preparing for the biggest ( and most complex) murder trial in Georgia's history? This is a capital case.
He was transferred by Jerry Word, Director of the Georgia Capital Defenders. The decision ultimately is not Mr. Words, it is the Judges.
Joseph Vigneri is known to be the best of the criminal attorneys available and therefore Is Lead Attorney in this case. It makes no sense to say another attorney could just pick up the case. This isn't shoplifting we are talking about.

I have been wrong before too ... many times. Have you ever tried to Google any of the lawyers in this case? Just basic information like years of practice, where they went to school, any misconduct, (try Attorney Newell M. Hamilton) Not much information on the others. None at the at Georgia Bar, member listings website.

Newell Hamilton??
He handled my uncontested divorce.
Seriously.
He's the attorney of record for the defense?
Wow.

Newell Hamilton??
He handled my uncontested divorce.
Seriously.
He's the attorney of record for the defense?
Wow.

So ,in your opinion do you think he able to handle this case? Based on your personal opinon and nothing but.

So ,in your opinion do you think he able to handle this case? Based on your personal opinon and nothing but.

I thought he was just doing civil law.
I think of him as the back of the phone book kind of lawyer.
Granted that was 12 years ago that he filed my divorce.

He's no Atticus Finch.

I picked him because his dad was the kindly "old school" Doc.
More on the coattails of his Dad's rep than his own.

I don't know what he knows about the case, of course, but I
would hope he can proffer a true advocate defense, if there IS
reasonable doubt.

I live in the neighboring county. I pass by this MHP several times a week.
Including the night before the murders.

I live a rather synchronicitous life.
Here is what happened the night before that I saw.

I was travelling north on 17 around 9:20pm.
I noticed a car pulled over by a cop on the side of the road.

A short way onward, I passed another one. With someone pulled over.
This is VERY unusual. So that when I was some distance from the drive to New Hope, I
could see from a long way off a car sitting there with their lights on under the streetlight. Normally, I wouldn't have paid any attention, but I was wondering if when I got closer it was going to be another cruiser and wondered what was up.

Because there was no traffic and the car could have pulled out at any time but chose to just sit there I was slowing down reflexively thinking "I don't want to get pulled over!".
But, when I was just about 75 yrds out, I could see it was like a gold Gran Torino, or some 80's 90's bomb. So I was just phew! When simultaneously a white equally beater station wagon pulled in behind it from the Park. As soon as I passed by on 17 the gold car pulled out squeeling tires in the opposite direction.
I watched it wondering what the heck! until the road curved and I didn't see if the white station wagon follow it.

The next morning of course I read about the murders at the Park. I immediately remembered the cars out by the road the night before and felt they may have been involved. I thought of it for a couple days wondering should I tell police or would that just be adding some wild goose chase info. I lived next door to some cops practically, so I decided when I saw them home I would just tell them the story.

I did. And though they aren't in that jurisdiction I thought they may have SOME info.
So I asked did Heinze happen to drive a gold car? He said yes, he thought he did.
But, he completely just dismissed my account and said it didn't bear any follow up.
And for me not to worry. I said thanks. I was relieved.

I think about it though all the time, nonetheless. I didn't really SEE anything.
It was the night before except, there may have been someone else who might.
You know?

I will have to look into the car thing. I think it was in police photos and was white and not a station wagon. Interesting about all these cars being pulled over arround the MH park.

thanks for the update, they may be able to then begin discussing dates for his trial

The fact that he's been jailed since September, 2009, yet is entering a plea today, two-and-a-half years later, tells me it will be a long time until this case comes to trial.

It seems the more heinous the crime, the longer it takes to bring the perpetrator to justice.

I am astonished to read that stuff still needs testing even though the crime happened in 09, what have they been doing the past few years,

Investigators recovered blood from a cellphone, a knife in the kitchen, hair from a floor, underwear, a pair of shorts, a piece of the mobile home’s ceiling and on a shotgun found in Heinze’s car.

Much of the evidence was recovered from a mobile home in the New Hope Home Park north of Brunswick where Heinze frantically called 911 early on Aug. 29, 2009, and told a dispatcher “My whole family’s dead. … Everybody’s dead. … It looks like they’ve been beaten.”

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-father-7-others-2-12-years-ago#ixzz1oXDfajhb

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back