ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: As though GG hadn't been repeatedly questioned by LE: questioned again and again, day after day, over and over again about this very thing. Their alcohol consumption, him going to the car to refill his/their glass with vodka according to witnesses, and, the server's statement that GG made a point to excuse Robyn's drugged state by claiming she had "taken a sleeping pill".

Really? So, let's take sleeping pills and drink a bunch of vodka so we can go snorkeling. Really??! :waitasec:

And he's "never heard" the accounts they had been drinking heavily? Ha!

And they were just "two sober adults"?!

I'm not sure if I should :banghead: or :lol:.

You are assuming that the server is correct. Maybe he was not, and got that confused with some one else. Exaggeration in hindsight to increase the dramatic element is a common thing when people retell stories of their experience.

How did we learn they were not supposed to be in salt water?

And how did we learn that she paid 1000+ bucks for those hair extensions? I know that others have said their daughters who are actresses needed expensive extensions, this woman was basically unemployed. Why did she need these 12 hundred dollar extensions?

If she did, honestly, she is very odd.

I posted a link upsteam with a quote from her roommate. Her roomie said she paid 1000 dollars for her new extensions. And she was a sometime model, so she maybe thought she needed them.

And it is a fact that salt water eats away at the glue that holds the extensions into the hair roots. I am not sure if I can find a link, but I do know that to be true.

eta;
The latest People magazine quotes Gardner's roommate, a hairdresser who put in the hair extensions that she said Gardner was careful about getting wet, as saying the 35-year-old is not one to snorkel as Giordano says she did.

"Women that spend $1,000 (per treatment) on hair extensions don't go in the ocean, because it destroys them," roommate Christina Jones told the magazine.

"I've been on vacation with her. She wouldn't go in water above the waist because she didn't want to mess up her hair," boyfriend Richard Forester told People. Gardner told him she was on a family trip to Florida after being laid off in a dental office, according to multiple reports.

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinati...empty/416348/1

I don't know what's so odd - she could have had them done before she lost her job and then maintained them. She could have had savings - she could have gotten the money from GG. NO ONE who spends that kind of money on extensions would go snorkling, no way in hell.

What's odd for one woman may be perfectly routine for another.

Plus RG had done professional modeling so the extensions were probably a business expense for her. If she went there to model on the beach it makes sense that she was not prepared to swim. Coming out of the Rum Runner Cafe RG is definitely not prepared to swim. If a woman is going to change to go swimming she would do so in the bathroom of the bar. There is no place to change on the beach which is fully exposed. RG is seen leaving and it appears she has no bathing suit top on under that dress. That is all her under there. Those heels are not beachwear for sure either. jmo

I can see why he had sneakers on. Because he was walking, wading through rocky waters, pulling Robyn out to the deeper waters. But then what did he do with her? :(

It's sort of the KC case in reverse. First there was a drowning....now she was kidnapped. lol Easy to see JB's involved. jmo

OMG, that's bizarre, isn't it? :crazy:

Ok, I respect your opinion. I just don't agree. IMO, I can't see how this can be viewed as just an everyday normal business transaction; so it doesn't make sense for GG to attempt to portray or try to come across as some kind of "forceful businessman", as though it were just any other day? Unless, of course his "business" is getting rid of or selling women. That approach doesn't make sense to me, again, JMO.

Also, I detect a lot of hostility, anger and resentment in his eyes, his voice and his body language. Plus, he's evasive because he refuses to answer her direct question about what happened to Robyn. Not only that, at the end, he brings up the subject of sex trafficking. Now where did that come from? That was never in his original story, the one his attorney's claimed that he "stuck with" the entire time. He claimed she drowned while snorkeling. Over, and over, and over again. So, again, what is this sex trafficking thing all about?

IMO, this man is nothing but a liar, and he has absolutely no regrets or remorse, other, than of course, for himself because he was so terribly mistreated and inconvenienced by being held in Aruban prison for four months. Poor, poor, Gary, Boo Hoo, Hoo...
Again, it's all JMO.

BINGO!

His disrespect for women came through loud and clear during that interview in the manner that he treated the interviewer. That man has major head issues.

Man I thought I couldn't stand Jose but this guy is something else. I suspect Jose will cowtow to him...This guy is a piece of work! I had to turn the tv off because he was making me sick. He's got all kind of issues. It may take time but eventually he will mess up. I promise.

BINGO!

His disrespect for women came through loud and clear during that interview in the manner that he treated the interviewer. That man has major head issues.

I agree, and his anger is palpable, not only there but when they were showing him walking and the reporters were hounding him. This is one scary man, JMO.

I can see why he had sneakers on. Because he was walking, wading through rocky waters, pulling Robyn out to the deeper waters. But then what did he do with her? :(

There were a few people in the area, a fisherman who noticed them at around 4:30 said they walked along the beach for 20 minutes and then left in the car. He saw the car parked in the area back after 6pm but never saw them go into the water. GG never admits to leaving the beach area. If he drove her north on the eastern side and pushed her off in the cliff area that water is very dark there so it is deep, no underlying shelf. The current, which is always strong there, could have carried her far out into the water.

They are searching where he claims she went in with no luck of finding even her snorkeling equipment. If she drowned a short distance from the beach they should have found something. It's reported his computer was wiped clean so there was something on there he did not want anyone to see. jmo

You are blaming Aruba for an American being responsible for the death of another American in their country. Why would that stop you from going there? It has nothing to do with Aruba and I bet they are all breathing a sigh of relief now that JB and GG are gone from the island so they can get back to normal.

BBM Actually the poster is blaming Aruba for ACCUSING an American for being responsible for the death of another American in their country. That has EVERYTHING to do with Aruba.

There were a few people in the area, a fisherman who noticed them at around 4:30 said they walked along the beach for 20 minutes and then left in the car. He saw the car parked in the area back after 6pm but never saw them go into the water. GG never admits to leaving the beach area. If he drove her north on the eastern side and pushed her off in the cliff area that water is very dark there so it is deep, no underlying shelf. The current, which is always strong there, could have carried her far out into the water.

They are searching where he claims she went in with no luck of finding even her snorkeling equipment. If she drowned a short distance from the beach they should have found something. It's reported his computer was wiped clean so there was something on there he did not want anyone to see. jmo

BBM. If it was wiped clean, some information should still be retrievable, I think?
And what reason would he have to do that if he's not hiding something sinister, JMO.

BBM Actually the poster is blaming Aruba for ACCUSING an American for being responsible for the death of another American in their country. That has EVERYTHING to do with Aruba.

GG was the last person with Robyn and his actions and behavior were suspicious. Who else are they to blame?

BBM. If it was wiped clean, some information should still be retrievable, I think?
And what reason would he have to do that if he's not hiding something sinister, JMO.

I can't find anything on the computer being wiped clean
Does someone have a link?
I would like to read that.

No, the poster was claiming never to go to Aruba because of what happened to NH and RG. That is a totally different concept. Obviously the FBI feels there was enough suspicious evidence because they put it before a grand jury. No Aruban caused RG's death. She was with an American who just happened to be in Aruba and admits being the last one to see her alive.

When you travel to another country you are bound by their rules and laws. It's a suspicious death and they are investigating because that is their responsibility. But no one in Aruba was responsible for her death and to suggest that you would never go there because this happened makes no sense. How could anyone think the Aruban government was responsible for RG's death???? If the Arubans were fearful of "bad press" that would affect their tourism they would have sent GG home and closed the case as an accidential drowning. Case closed, send him home for the US to deal with. jmo

You are assuming that the server is correct. Maybe he was not, and got that confused with some one else. Exaggeration in hindsight to increase the dramatic element is a common thing when people retell stories of their experience.

I believe this interview was the same day or the following day. On the video it appears at that time of the day there were not many people (3:30ish) at the bar. It is a very remote area and very slow at that time of the day and they were getting ready to close. It was reported that the waitress noticed RG's tattoo and with her looks and striking blond hair she was probably giving a truthful statement because the server noticed her. Something about RG and GG drew her attention because she photographed them while they were leaving. It could have been their conversation, it could have been their body language but obviously this server picked up on something that just did not sit right or she would not have noticed. jmo

The boyfriend of missing Maryland woman Robyn Gardner said today that he agreed with the man who is suspected in her disappearance that human traffickers may be involved.

"Human trafficking, yeah absolutely, that's something I've been thinking about the entire time, since day one," Richard Forester told Good Morning America today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gard...cking-explain-disappearance/story?id=15073940

I can't find anything on the computer being wiped clean
Does someone have a link?
I would like to read that.

Suniskye posted that first here:

B & snipped by me:
They just announced on hometown MD news 5 minutes ago that Aruban authorities say that GG's hard drive in his home here in MD was wiped clean before the FBI conviscated it.

There is a way that a forensic IT person can still obtain information off of a hard drive that has been wiped clean ... it's amazing what forensic scientists can do today. If his hard drive at his home was wiped clean before he left ... then what Neesaki feels occurred makes alot more sense than what I have said I think occurred.

I have looked online but can't find anything else about it.

Why not put himself as the beneficiary? Well, if he is just an acquaintance, and is not close to her, and she happens to go missing under suspicious circs, then one finds themselves in the situation he is in. That is one reason why not. If one takes out a million dollar life ins policy on an acquiantance, then they go missing, people are going to be suspicious. And rightfully so. Why the heck should he get a million bucks because someone he met online but barely knew just happened to disappear while snorkeling with him, in calm seas?

Amen Katy! Well said. The whole thing with GG is hinky and I totally think he planned this out to collect the insurance money. Wasn't he behind in Child Support and he has that expensive huge house to maintain plus his perverted life style to maintain too. He had two retraining orders out on him. One X-girlfriend said he tried to strangle her, shove his fingers down her throat and almost choked her to death. This is NOT normal behavior. Unfortunately, he'll probably get off scott free, collect the money and live happily ever after at poor Robyn's expense. It seems lke killers are going free left and right now a days. JB was on JVM last night. I wanted to barf! Spinning this whole story. I must say JB can really spin a story that's for sure.

I shudder to think of the lifestyle that GG lives and his poor boys, what's that going to do to them? If they didn't know about it before, they sure do now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member