GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

I'd like to add that at this point in most abduction/missing persons cases (under 2 weeks), people ( by people I mean we) are generally wringing our hands over trails going cold and evidence being lost, bodies losing evidence and wondering what LE is doing to find them.

They found Jorelys, the evidence, the cause and manner of death, and the perp in a few days, and because they haven't paraded what they have for evidence before the MSM and zipped an indictment out for all charges and to our satisfaction immediately, they suddenly have the wrong man?

How would finding her body and the evidence after 3 days as opposed to one day suddenly point to the wrong person?

Whatever they have was good enough, that when a judge reviewed it, he felt it was enough to hold RB until the GBI is ready to submit their indictment, be it a week, 30 days, 60 days, etc.

An indictment taking months in a murder case is not uncommon, from what I've read. Especially if the DA wants to file all charges at once. (Remember: kidnapping, assualt, rape, murder, possibly more.)

And the GBI started saying it would be a while from the moment they found Jorelys and the crime scene! They didn't suddenly start saying this yesterday because they just figured out they don't have good evidence and they suddenly think they might be looking at the wrong perp. They were saying this within 24 hours of finding Jorelys and the apartment, citing it was a 'mammoth case' and 'mountains of evidence' and hinted at multiple charges. The GBI director said this. Not the Canton LE.

The judge is good with the evidence thus far and the arrest. The GBI Director is good with the evidence thus far and the arrest. I'm sorry some sleuthers are not. But I'm not sure why anyone would want this case, or the indictment rushed, just so they could be instantly reassured of his guilt. This isn't a TV show. :banghead:

Great post Magdalyn.
I understand people's non-patience but like you said, "This isn't a tv show."

This picture just gets me. I don't know who the photographer was but talk about telling a story and setting a mood :(

Beautiful, sorrowful, and speaks a thousand words silently.
I need more tissues. :"(

they are not ready with the entire case..... I don't think they need to rush the indictment with the man they are "confident" is the perp safely behind bars

:twocents:

I can't say it any better than that. I feel the same way.

Can someone please tell us what's going on at the PC...PLEASE

Boy he is nervous. 36 hours suspension. Retraining required.

Sheriff says the CART team should have been activated "that night," and not the next day.

announcing that the division commander recommended a 36 hour suspension.. however it will be suspended upon retraining and 12 months of supervision.. and removed from -------- for 12 months...

he is a great officer... wants it to be a learning experience..

that error did occur and they are addressing that

the officer is very remorseful... does not want to appeal it.... and is ready to move forward...

he is very disappointed that he has to stand here and discipline this officer... says he was doing what he was supposed to be doing...

says cart team should have been activated saturday morning or they wouldn't be standing here today..

he feels badly standing there disciplining this officer.. he was told to look for a live child and that is what he was doing

as soon as officer was debriefed he came forward with the info... had the cart team been there earlier there could have been solved 48 hours earlier...

The blood looked like somebody had a nose bleed.

they were working frantically to clear apartment buildings looking for a live child...

he found a small amt of blood and he discussed with other officers and a firefighter... thought it looked like a nosebleed .... so they moved on to clear another building...

oh my!

they were looking for her as a runaway!

They thought she was a runaway???? At SEVEN?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

The apt. only had 3 rooms (sic), kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Cleared the entire apt.

(so no blood everywhere?)

no one was debriefed on the searches until the cart team was brought in.....

he has seen pictures from the crime scene after the scene was processed and there is a lot there

(luminol?)

wow.. he must have tried to clean it up

Now he says there was a lot of blood?

He needs to stop talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics