TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got through doing a review of WS posted quotes during the 1/4/12 investigator's news conference and imo there are many inconsistencies that were stated!

Add that to MP's inconsistent statements and behavior during his recent interview and we have a result that doesn't add up!!

Gotta run...will post some of the inconsistency quotes I'm referring to a little later on...

I'm looking forward to this Some1! I think compiling a list of all the inconsistencies would be great for us to have handy. I know you didn't say you were going to list ALL MP's inconsistencies and I don't expect you to. But maybe with a team effort we can help compile a list of them all.

I just keep coming back to Mary E.'s witness report, and her mention of a second car using her driveway to turn around concurrently with the Jeep crashing over the brow. I don't know if there really was a second car, and if there was, if it had anything to do with Gail's crash. But given that detail, I don't see how LE can state that it was a one-car accident. I would feel a lot better if they had stated it differently, like "we believe this to be a one-car accident, but can't be sure." :waitasec:

I've been sitting on my hands re: MP's interview, but I have to say something about the whole "Arlene isn't Gail's best friend" thing.

In life, we have friends. We have best friends, good friends, acquaintances. Sometimes, your very closest friends, maybe the ones you grew up with, live far away. So you form friendships and bonds with people living in your community. As adults, we don't really make pacts with our best friends. We don't exchange friendship necklaces and bracelets and proclaim our friendship to anyone who will listen. And we often have more than one person we consider to be a best friend. I don't think Arlene ever said "I am Gail's best friend"(?), I've only seen her say "Gail is my best friend". There's a big difference. For example, my best friend would probably name her sisters as her best friends. We've never sat down over coffee and made a pact to be BFFs. But still, I consider her to be my BF, and if she went missing I would dedicate my life to finding her.

I have many questions about this case, but Gail and Arlene's friendship isn't one of them. :twocents:

I just keep coming back to Mary E.'s witness report, and her mention of a second car using her driveway to turn around concurrently with the Jeep crashing over the brow. I don't know if there really was a second car, and if there was, if it had anything to do with Gail's crash. But given that detail, I don't see how LE can state that it was a one-car accident. I would feel a lot better if they had stated it differently, like "we believe this to be a one-car accident, but can't be sure." :waitasec:

I think what bothers me about ME as a witness....it's not been mentioned in the MSM has it? Why not? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

I was also bothered by the "one car accident" determination. I couldn't figure out why they would call it that if there was any chance that a second vehicle was there that day. I called a friend that works in Property and Casualty Insurance. She sees accident reports and legal documents every day, so I figured she might have insight. It turns out that the "one car accident" or single car accident determination is given when there is only one vehicle physically involved in a wreck. A second vehicle being involved in the events that led to the accident, but not physically involved in the wreck itself, would be listed as a factor that led to the wreck. The language might read something like: A pickup truck illegally passed in the left hand lane resulting in a one-car accident. If more than one vehicle crashed, it would be referred to as a two-car accident or a multi-car accident (typically used when there are 3 or more).

It made sense to me once it was explained that the accident report is solely focused on explaining the actual wreck of the Jeep and the events that led up to that wreck. Since no other vehicle was found wrecked with the Jeep it was a single car accident. Incidentally, I did notice after I spoke with my friend that investigators looked for signs of another vehicle in specific places surrounding the area where the wreck occurred and they noted that nothing was found, which still doesn't prove that another vehicle was not in that area during the time of GP's accident. I am assuming that because they found no evidence of another vehicle crashing in that area that they were left with no other option except listing this as a one-car accident with an undetermined cause.

I just found this and thought it was so beautiful and it reminded me of Diane's msg to the kids:

If roses grow in heaven Lord, then pick a bunch for me. Place them in my moms arms and tell her they're from me. Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile, place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while.

I'm looking forward to this Some1! I think compiling a list of all the inconsistencies would be great for us to have handy. I know you didn't say you were going to list ALL MP's inconsistencies and I don't expect you to. But maybe with a team effort we can help compile a list of them all.

Well...now I'm really bummed out...after having spent quite awhile composing my thoughts about this...I neglected the cardinal rule of saving my work...lost my post! Will try to get back to it later today! :seeya:

I think what bothers me about ME as a witness....it's not been mentioned in the MSM has it? Why not? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

Good question, why not? Mrs. E did report it to LE and LE has stated that they did not have enough evidence to conclude whether another car was involved or not (paraphrasing).

Mrs. E heard the other car, did not actually see it so wasn't able to give a description. But she might be able to tell the authorities what the engine sounded like, i.e. like a diesel truck, if wheels were squealing, etc.

I wonder if LE ever interviewed any of the other neighbors on E Brow? I can think of lots of questions to ask them.

IMHO. LE doesn't really know what happened because of the lack of evidence so WHY they claimed it a tragic accident is beyond me..IMHO..They really don't even know what time that jeep went off the mtn...There is a 12 minute time frame between pings that placed her on or close to East Brow and then 12 minutes later a ping below the brow coming from a tower near Signal Mtn..... That phone could have been driven off Signal Mtn within that time frame. And last I heard, to my knowledge, there is still someone claiming they saw Gail on Big Fork Road and the last time they saw her was around dusk on the 30th...I suspect MP was headed to or had arrived at the AT@T Field to watch the Lookouts play by that time....JMHO..

Emerald, I thought the ping down by Walmart was on Monday...or was that the one on the north side of the mountain?

BBM...Thats a good possibility since she left for the lake house on the 29th.. It's possible she heard the road was closed on her car radio though.. Also, IF she attempted to go up the "W" when she returned from Alabama on the morning of the 30th she would have known it was closed...
I've wondered IF MP even asked her to meet him on East Brow so they could talk.. Doubt he would tell us IF he had though...
I really can't think of a reason WHY she was on East Brow, unless she wasn't aware of the road being closed and was planning to go to MP's mothers apartment on Mountain Creek Road...

In regards to her PI, to my knowledge information about him has never been released... I would hope LE spoke to him but who knows...JMHO..

BBM

If she wanted to have the police at the house, why would she meet him alone on E. Brow?

The theory that she may have dropped her phone is possible, it would also explain the slow speed and lack of seat belt, as the poster suggested. I know I have released my seatbelt to reach around for things while driving (not a good idea.) And if she had taken her eyes off the road for just a moment, it could have been the crucial moment.

I do believe it was an accident; if not a phone, perhaps another car caused it and kept going, annoyed by her slow driving. Surely if she was being chased or followed, or thought she was, she would be driving faster? And again, how anyone could have hit her car and not tumbled over the edge too, is beyond me.

While all very convenient for her husband, I really don't think he caused or planned this. I think if anything he would have pursued a divorce, using her "mental health" issues as his basis for custody. And now he doesn't have to worry about it.

JMO

BBM

These scenerios seem plausible. A few years ago, a huge extended cab pickup truck hit me at a traffic light, because the driver dropped his phone and he was trying to retrieve it. It is probably a pretty common accident cause these days.

Good question, why not? Mrs. E did report it to LE and LE has stated that they did not have enough evidence to conclude whether another car was involved or not (paraphrasing).

Mrs. E heard the other car, did not actually see it so wasn't able to give a description. But she might be able to tell the authorities what the engine sounded like, i.e. like a diesel truck, if wheels were squealing, etc.

I wonder if LE ever interviewed any of the other neighbors on E Brow? I can think of lots of questions to ask them.

Did Mrs. E come forward after Gail's vehicle was found?

BBM

If she wanted to have the police at the house, why would she meet him alone on E. Brow?

That's another good question...maybe it was a favorite place of theirs or she felt safer out in the open? Dunno...

BBM

These scenerios seem plausible. A few years ago, a huge extended cab pickup truck hit me at a traffic light, because the driver dropped his phone and he was trying to retrieve it. It is probably a pretty common accident cause these days.

The thought crossed my mind the other day that she could have been trying to make a U turn and mis-judged how close she was to the timber and rock since the investigative report stated she was in the opposite lane, at one point.

MP’s statement inconsistencies from Court records and his 1/2012 interview (not an all inclusive list) and some of MP‘s suspicious actions and inactions:

1) MP said Gail was mentally ill. LE, Gail’s sister, Gail’s friends all said Gail was not mentally ill.

2) MP said he believed for the entire seven months that Gail was missing that she was off somewhere de-stressing. Gail’s family, friends and neighbors said she would not leave her children, especially without a word.

3) MP said Gail told him she was going back to the AL lake house on 4/30; yet, said in his interview that the children said that Gail told them she was going out to make calls to her cousin, Sherry, on 4/30.

4) When MP told AD that Gail went to the AL lake house wherein AD responded that she checked the lake home and Gail was not there, MP was irritated with AD for having checked the lake property.

5) MP said in the Channel 9 interview he came home from the MN insurance conference on 4/30. MP did not even attend the conference but instead was off philandering around with his co-worker and returned home on 4/29.

6) MP said he cooperated with LE from day one. Yet, MP did not report Gail missing until two days after she disappeared, and MP only reported Gail missing after insistence from Gail’s friend, AD, and a request from Gail’s sister, DN.

Further, MP did not allow LE to interview the children, and did not allow school counselors to talk to the children. Nor did MP allow LE to interview him after he hired his criminal defense team (CDT).

Further, MP did not allow searches of the SM home or the AL homes without strict, specific conditions being in place more than a month after Gail’s disappearance.

Further, MP’s CDT removed computers from the homes prior to LE searches.

MP did not take a lie detector test.

7) MP said AD was interfering in Gail’s case and was not Gail’s friend; yet, Gail gave AD important documents and a DVD recording of an altercation between MP and Gail for safe keeping. Gail gave AD specific directions not to give the DVD to anyone else.

Further, MP admittedly had to look-up Gail’s “good” friends in her old year books.

8) MP said in his January 2012 interview, he arrived at the SM home at 12:15 pm on 4/30 and indicated he didn’t see Gail. Yet, the neighbor, SB, said she saw Gail leave the SM home at 12:15 pm on 4/30.

Further, SB stated to the authorities that she saw MP arrive home 10 or so minutes later.

9) MP said in the interview he did not talk to Gail on 4/30; but, then turned around and said, in the same interview, that he talked to her one time wherein Gail asked where he was.

Further, MP said he was shopping with his mother at North (second word not clear to me, guess will have to listen to the interview a third time) Mall and would be home in about 20 minutes. I looked up Chattanooga Malls; there is a Northgate Mall, don’t know if that is the one he was referring to but that is 30 minutes from the SM home and 26 to 28 minutes from 1400 E Brow Rd. Interestingly, the mall was closer to E Brow Rd than the SM home on Ridge Rock Dr. MP’s mother’s apartment was also closer to E Brow Rd than the Ridge Rock Dr home [15 minutes from apt to Ridge Rock Dr using either the W Road ( 5.52 miles) (the W Road may have been closed, at least part of the day, on 4/30) or US Hwy 127 (6.27 miles); and 13 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using US Hwy 127 (5.77 miles), 10 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using the W Road (3.93 miles).

This distance/time from 40 Ridge Rock Dr, Signal Mountain, TN to 1400 E Brow Rd, Signal Mountain, TN or visa versa via Hampton Rd is 2.28 miles taking approximately 7 minutes to drive.

10) MP said he didn’t have any idea where Gail could be all the time from when she left the SM home in the afternoon on 4/30; yet, her mobile phone GPS locater specifically showed E Brow Rd, and MP reportedly had online capability to monitor Gail’s phone GPS. It was state upon finding Gail’s jeep that her mobile phone had been plugged in charging on 4/30 plus there was the phone ping on 5/2.

(Whether he knew on 4/30 or after LE compiled Gail’s phone records, it seems probable that MP and his CDT knew a significant amount of time before 12/1/2011 of Gail’s last known location.)

This is just touching the surface. More later…

BBM

Well we know for some reason SMPD didn't meet her at the house.. What we don't know is WHY.. Was she the one who told them it wouldn't be necessary to meet her at the home, and If she did, WHY?
Bottom line for me.. I suspect Gail was far too trusting when it came to MP and wanting to believe him....IMHO..I suspect he would tell her just about anything she may have wanted to hear in order to get her to do his will...JMHO

Finally, a video of the presser on 1/4/12

http://www.timesfreepress.com/videos/2012/jan/05/5965/

ETA: I do not recall, at all, anywhere ---in MSM about the 1st air search....nor did LE give a date in the presser, fwiw.

ETA: My bad, they said it was conducted on June 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lekor