State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-15-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I am going back over tonight is the reverse trace findings. (They were really dang thorough with this puppy.)

Does anyone find it odd that no evidence from Hillsville made it's way back to Raleigh?

Like what for instance?

My grade card on the trial so far: Pros C+ Defense B-

The state opened up strongly and began to lay out a very methodical case against JY.
They brought in witnesses to show the Youngs marriage was not happy, and that Jason was a bad husband.

Testimony from friends and family all painted the same picture, not pretty.

Now, we are in the heart of the case, the physical evidence, and I know we have a long way to go, but things aren't as good for the state as last week.

We also heard from the gas station attendant, and opinions have been formed as to whether to count/ discount her testimony. No comment.

Hotel employees all go in favor of the state, they are impartial.

Bathroom pics of CY show she may have been trying to clean her feet, and the clothes she had on still had blood on them.

Now, we covered the rock and the sheetrock.........not good or conclusive for the state.

Galloway testified to 2 things that could have broke the case open, the twig/bush door theory.

Phone calls showed JY made many, but more were dropped than connected, and showed he was on the route he was supposed to be.

The expert today, Jen Remy, could not connect JY to the crime scene, to the hotel, and the hair found in Michelle's hair was her own.

I couldn't call which way it would go, if the Jury got the case today.

I am interested in what you all think...

So he clearly must be innocent.

BTW, I really wish some of the posters (you for example), who refute each and every assertion made by the prosecution as to JYs guilt, would share their alternate theories. It's all well and fine to post hundreds of individual posts here to say "see, that explains that!." But IMO, would be much more interesting, in the spirit of debate, to see comprehensive alternate theories. What's yours?

For those who refute the prosecution's theory, what are your alternate theories? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

One of the things I am going back over tonight is the reverse trace findings. (They were really dang thorough with this puppy.)

Does anyone find it odd that no evidence from Hillsville made it's way back to Raleigh?

I think that is a huge problem for the prosecution.

Like what for instance?

Trace evidence of carpet fibers? Bedding fibers? Hotels are cheap places (sorry, not a direct aim at this chain) and they are used by lots of people. It would have been on the hoodie, the shoes, his jeans, etc.

Why do we have none of that?

And, I'm not trying to rile anything up with this. But, the folks involved with this looked for a LOT of stuff. They looked for this. They found none.

So, does anyone think that more or less points towards the other ideas: a) not JY, b) a hit or paid killing of some kind or c) an accomplice doing the bulk of it?

It wasn't wiped up because no one would know what to wipe when it came to fibers, etc. It was certainly looked for in multiple places. It was tested for.

JY got back to HI around 6:30am. The camera was then pushed up to the ceiling at 6:35am.

The rock was found in the door at 5:50am. At the same time the HI employee also found that the video camera on that exit had been unplugged. It had been unplugged since 11:20pm the night before. This is the exact same camera that would, in about 45 min, be pushed up to the ceiling after being plugged back in and checked.

The rock was found around 4 - 4:30 AM. The camera was plugged in at 5:50 AM.

Now combine the weird happenings with the propped door and video camera tampering (twice) with the fact that the dark pullover JY is proven to be wearing at midnight at that hotel, as he walks down the hallway toward that exit, has never been found again. His luggage was seized upon his return to Raleigh the next day.

BBM, is this true? And, did they ever put that together with the missing Hush Puppies in the first trial? If they did, I don't remember it.

Hi Otto,
I'm rewatching MM, haven't changed my mind a bit. I think she harms JY's case more than helps. But I am trying to. :innocent:

Perhaps I missed something, but if a hotel employee noticed the rock at 5:50, then how was JY able to enter the hotel at 6:30 with the door shut? Did the hotel employee not remove the rock?

If you check the night audit clerk's testimony from either trial, you will find that he noticed the rock in the door at about 4 - 4:30 am. He noticed the camera at the same time. The camera was plugged in at 5:50 am and then tilted at 6:35 am.

The night audit clerk kicked the rock out. A rock was found on the sidewalk a couple of days later. Police assumed it was the same rock. The night audit clerk testified in the first few days of the trial that he cannot say that it's the same rock.

It's a mystery how he supposedly entered the hotel at 6:35 ... although various theories have been offered. It could be that he was asleep in his room.

Not an aluminum one.

This is just my opinion but when one starts to say well "it could've been" then I see that as reasonable doubt. I realize it's a circumstantial evidence case and there is no direct evidence to prove anything including what weapon was used but at the end of the day, the jury is not responsible for putting the pieces of the puzzle together. That is up to the State to do. If they allow the jury to, their case will crumble because every piece can be explained away. Let's hope if JY did murder Michelle, the State will put it together for this jury in closing.

I admit not being able to follow the case full time because of work obligations and may miss some of the testimony but I do try to catch up with the wonderful updates here and the media coverage. So far, I have not seen anything that can't be explained away.

Too many coincidences, yes perhaps but is that enough to convict? I don't know.

Trace evidence of carpet fibers? Bedding fibers? Hotels are cheap places (sorry, not a direct aim at this chain) and they are used by lots of people. It would have been on the hoodie, the shoes, his jeans, etc.

Why do we have none of that?

And, I'm not trying to rile anything up with this. But, the folks involved with this looked for a LOT of stuff. They looked for this. They found none.

So, does anyone think that more or less points towards the other ideas: a) not JY, b) a hit or paid killing of some kind or c) an accomplice doing the bulk of it?

It wasn't wiped up because no one would know what to wipe when it came to fibers, etc. It was certainly looked for in multiple places. It was tested for.

I don't understand your point.

What kind of fibers would show guilt in a hotel room he stayed at? There is no shirt to look at that he was seen on video wearing. What else is missing to study/test? Everything else would maybe have evidence of his house or the hotel... but not actually of the murder itself.

JVM covering the trial now with Beth Karas.

This is just my opinion but when one starts to say well "it could've been" then I see that as reasonable doubt. I realize it's a circumstantial evidence case and there is no direct evidence to prove anything including what weapon was used but at the end of the day, the jury is not responsible for putting the pieces of the puzzle together. That is up to the State to do. If they allow the jury to, their case will crumble because every piece can be explained away. Let's hope if JY did murder Michelle, the State will put it together for this jury in closing.

I admit not being able to follow the case full time because of work obligations and may miss some of the testimony but I do try to catch up with the wonderful updates here and the media coverage. So far, I have not seen anything that can't be explained away.

I guess you would see the Scott Peterson and Brad Cooper convictions as not really proven then.

No, but I find it amazing that there is nothing (no blood, hair or anything) in the Explorer. That's the only thing that makes me think there might be someone else involved with JY.

BBM, is this true? And, did they ever put that together with the missing Hush Puppies in the first trial? If they did, I don't remember it.

Correct. The shirt has never been produced, although in the last trial the defense showed a photo of JLY wearing what they claimed to be that shirt at a later date. JusttheFax posted that photo next to the security camera still and it was pretty evident it was not the same shirt. JLY testified on the stand that MY had donated his missing Hush Puppies to charity.

There are no coincidences in murder. If he walks, he may be the one who committed the *perfect* murder. He's guilty.

No, but I find it amazing that there is nothing (no blood, hair or anything) in the Explorer. That's the only thing that makes me think there might be someone else involved with JY.

Did we ever hear what kind and color of vehicle MM drove at the time?

I believe he was prepared to change everything he was wearing, even planning to wash off if needed. As long as everything is in a plastic bag... nothing will show in the Exployer.

I don't understand your point.

What kind of fibers would show guilt in a hotel room he stayed at? There is no shirt to look at that he was seen on video wearing. What else is missing to study/test? Everything else would maybe have evidence of his house or the hotel... but not actually of the murder itself.

Why were there no fibers in the house if he rushed out of his hotel room, drove back to Raleigh and committed a murder?

I understand how he could have cleaned up the blood, etc.

But, this would have been things on the way into the house: Carpet fibers from the room floor at the hotel were pulled to compare. Bedding, etc from the hotel was pulled. Why did they not find anything on the reverse traces?

I am curious as to how people think he could have kept from leaving any of these type things at the murder scene.

Why were there no fibers in the house if he rushed out of his hotel room, drove back to Raleigh and committed a murder?

I understand how he could have cleaned up the blood, etc.

But, this would have been things on the way into the house: Carpet fibers from the room floor at the hotel were pulled to compare. Bedding, etc from the hotel was pulled. Why did they not find anything on the reverse traces?

I am curious as to how people think he could have kept from leaving any of these type things at the murder scene.

Don't forget he went to his mom's before he ever returned to Raleigh. Some of the motel evidence could have been left there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamin