State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact those Franklin prints were made on a pillow makes me think they were intended to be made and found. I am not imagining a scenario in which a 2nd person had to step on a pillow and could not avoid it.

Agree. I would think if he'd planned to change he would have brought his stuff with him.

If he didn't plan to change (didn't expect blood) then going into the closet makes sense, but that goes to JTF's point that he'd be unlikely to track blood in shoes that he switched into (hp's say) for the purpose of not tracking blood.

Why exactly do you think Jason killed Michelle, if you don't mind me asking?
I know the state's theory is that he didn't like being married, and they may add a financial motive.

But, where does it say he hated her enough to kill her?

Sounds like he had it pretty good, he traveled a lot, was gone a lot of weekends, had MM on the side, nice house, beautiful little girl, and a son on the way to carry on the Young name.

Where do we make the quantum leap from having fights and arguments, to the point,
"I hate this person so much I am going to kill them"?

Did MY ever shop at Dollar General? I don't mean for shoes, I mean for other stuff. Wonder if any plastic shopping bags were found from DG in their house or garage. I save all my plastic bags to reuse as garbage bags. I occasionally go to DG when I need certain household items.

Just wondering out loud again...

Yea go, but the Raleigh buds we know of wouldn't be caught dead wearing Dollar General shoes (a step below KMart)
Remember, these are only bought in the dime store.
Know what I mean?

If I was gonna wear the wrong shoes while offing my spouse, ones that I didn't intend anyone to find, I don't know as I'd toddle off to the mall and drop $125 on some Adidas or Nikes, regardless of what my regular brand was.

What would I do? Reckon I'd go buy some cheapie disposable things. What are those size 10? Cheapie disposable things. Easy to grab and go and pay cash for.

Thank you Cammy. I didn't think so but it was stated as a fact and, well I guess I just learned something new.Peoples fact's are not always facts..

Excuse me, there was no testimony but a certified podiatrist was consulted and gave his expert opinion based on the images of JY's feet. I assumed he testified since he was consulted but apparently this was not the case. No need be so snarky. The fact remains the MD stated the blisters were consistent with shoes that were too small.

The fact those Franklin prints were made on a pillow makes me think they were intended to be made and found. I am not imagining a scenario in which a 2nd person had to step on a pillow and could not avoid it.

That's a really good point. And I tend to agree with it :)

If I were required to believe JY had help, at least right now, I'd have a hard time of it.

There's nobody even suspected of being in on it with him, and surely LE has mentally thought this through as to whether there is a candidate.
He left electronic data, like the searches, that are pretty damning but nothing to this accomplice.
He was on a tight timeline to make the trip from VA to NC and back. There are no cell pings in NC. It seems dangerous and perhaps difficult to schedule a good meet up time and "go signal" with another person without talking to them some way. Just meet me at the house at 3am or whatever seems highly speculative.
And to my thinking he wouldn't need the help. If he did it, IMO the evidence indicates he planned a knock out blow to a sleeping woman.
If he had another person there, he created a situation whereby that person if caught or brags when drunk or something puts JY in jail.

It's hard for me to swallow him there with someone else.

Maybe the question isn't why did he wear size 10 Franklins, but why did he put on his HP Size 12 shoes? If he started with the size 10s and got blood all over, so what? Not his size.

But he wears his size 12 HP shoes and also leaves bloody foot prints in those.

I have such a hard time with this because he supposedly did all these things before hand, but not do the simple things like,

1)Fill up a gas can

2)Not start an affair or calling or texting a girlfriend the day of / after the murder
3)Pick the weekend of the NC State Homecoming game when it is going to be the biggest party ever, and you have a legit reason to get majorly wasted. :biggrin:

4)Not positive if your Father in Law is coming to town or not

5)Not making some plan or better escape/rescue method for CY other than a stupid printout

(which was verified by MM today, btw)

Why that weekend would he choose to kill his wife?

I'm going out on a limb here but I'd suppose he chose that weekend because that was his Va business trip. The third element of all murders being opportunity and all, this was his and he wasn't going to pass it up. I'm sure he fretted over missing a footbal game just a little, though. :what:

And here is possibly a silly observation, but if you're going to wear the wrong size shoes, its a lot easier to pull off with lace-ups. You can open them up.

I know the state's theory is that he didn't like being married, and they may add a financial motive.

Sounds like he had it pretty good, he traveled a lot, was gone a lot of weekends, had MM on the side, nice house, beautiful little girl, and a son on the way to carry on the Young name.

Where do we make the quantum leap from having fights and arguments, to the point,

I don't know the answer to that one but based on his computer searches alone, I'm convinced this guy killed his wife.

On the motive side, I think his outside world had reached a velocity of activity (the other women mostly I mean) that MY was an increasing restriction and about to be worse with another baby. They did not get along. She was insured for lots of money, and divorce is or can be very expensive. A calculation was made at some point that the best thing long term would be to get rid of her (and by extension her family and other entanglements) now. :twocents:

Of course, those factors exist for people who don't kill their wives too.

I have such a hard time with this because he supposedly did all these things before hand, but not do the simple things like,

1)Fill up a gas can

2)Not start an affair or calling or texting a girlfriend the day of / after the murder

3)Pick the weekend of the NC State Homecoming game when it is going to be the biggest party ever, and you have a legit reason to get majorly wasted. :biggrin:

4)Not positive if your Father in Law is coming to town or not

5)Not making some plan or better escape/rescue method for CY other than a stupid printout

(which was verified by MM today, btw)

Why that weekend would he choose to kill his wife?

It could be just as simple as that weekend was the weekend he was going to be out of town......and he wanted her body to be found when he was gone.

Madeleine, here's why I think he had the size 12's on. He was making cracking progress at getting himself cleaned up, and had already stuffed the size 10's into whatever bag of evil he was carrying out of that place. He'd already put his own shoes on, but whoops, here's a child standing in the middle of the gore. Grab her, get her out, leave a print in the process. That's the second pair of shoes that requires trashing, and thats why they can't be found either.

JY, as was said many times, was a gambler, and a risk taker. He planned for a certain scenario and when it didn't play out that way he improvised on the spot.

He was not intending for his daughter to wake up and toddle around while he was there. He did not intend to have to resort to something beyond strangulation to do the killing. Certainly not beyond a single "head trauma knockout."

The guy thinks fast and comes up with ways to deal with the situation as it played out.

I don't know the answer to that one but based on his computer searches alone, I'm convinced this guy killed his wife.

Okay, but you do know the state's theory is that Jason originally planned a soft kill by strangulation , right?

Besides, since when does someone have to look up how to hit someone on the head?

As much as I think Casey Anthony killed Caylee, I don't think she needed to look up the word shovel on her computer either to know she used or needed one.

If I were required to believe JY had help, at least right now, I'd have a hard time of it.

There's nobody even suspected of being in on it with him, and surely LE has mentally thought this through as to whether there is a candidate.
He left electronic data, like the searches, that are pretty damning but nothing to this accomplice.
He was on a tight timeline to make the trip from VA to NC and back. There are no cell pings in NC. It seems dangerous and perhaps difficult to schedule a good meet up time and "go signal" with another person without talking to them some way. Just meet me at the house at 3am or whatever seems highly speculative.
And to my thinking he wouldn't need the help. If he did it, IMO the evidence indicates he planned a knock out blow to a sleeping woman.
If he had another person there, he created a situation whereby that person if caught or brags when drunk or something puts JY in jail.

It's hard for me to swallow him there with someone else.

Understood.... makes no sense.
Jay was spontaneous. The out of town alibi with a quick trip home to whack and strangle his wife was a simple task.

Guess the more believable scenario is he called 'someone' from a payphone (after he left) to get over there and check on CY after the disaster....and perhaps cleans her and put her to bed. If you want to point to someone...how about the van like car at 5:30AM the postal worker thought she saw?

Det David said they dusted for prints at a Cstore payphone a mile from the house....why???

I'm going out on a limb here but I'd suppose he chose that weekend because that was his Va business trip. The third element of all murders being opportunity and all, this was his and he wasn't going to pass it up. I'm sure he fretted over missing a footbal game just a little, though. :what:

I don't know, makes no sense to me.
I am a football fan (pro) not college, but no way I am missing a game.

This was a weekend they were all looking forward to, I just don't see it.

I could see it if they had this massive fight or in the heat of the moment thing,
but heck, MM just testified that when MY called Jason, she told him the plot
of Grey's Anatomy.

Sounds like things were ok, to me.

On the motive side, I think his outside world had reached a velocity of activity (the other women mostly I mean) that MY was an increasing restriction and about to be worse with another baby. They did not get along. She was insured for lots of money, and divorce is or can be very expensive. A calculation was made at some point that the best thing long term would be to get rid of her (and by extension her family and other entanglements) now. :twocents:

Of course, those factors exist for people who don't kill their wives too.

I didn't know she had insurance. How much insurance did she have?

Okay, but you do know the state's theory is that Jason originally planned a soft kill by strangulation , right?

Besides, since when does someone have to look up how to hit someone on the head?

As much as I think Casey Anthony killed Caylee, I don't think she needed to look up the word shovel on her computer either to know she used or needed one.

Soft kill by strangulation is consistent with 'ischemia', one of the terms found on his pc (although I do wonder how he would know such a term to begin with.)

I agree about "shovel", but I think it goes to show (in a broad sense) the mindset of the person the state believes committed the crime. What reason would JY have for looking up any of those terms in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX