State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I respecxt your opinion on this evidence. However, not everyone will see it the same way as you well know. If they had, the jury would have convicted him in the first trial MOO. I personally believe she may have seen him that time, but there are some discrepancies there. I suspect the jury felt the same way. It in no way demeans Gracie. Even Special Agent Tart underlined several times in his notes that she couldn't remember a lot about that day.

:goodpost:

Anyone else think there might have been an accomplice paid in drug samples?

They didn't say anything during the first trial.

I'm hoping they did homework in between trials.

JMHO
fran

But the email that he had sent to Gen (his first fiance) mentioned that accident in it too. That was supposedly the reason he decided to write to her - because he "realized life was too short".

I can't wait till we get to the part of the testimony tomorrow of JY explaining why he had to buy new shoes right before the NTO. He said he couldn't get back in his house and he needed a shoe that could go from casual to dress. I hope the jury is taking notes. I think this JY testimony is placed perfectly in this trial. The jury just saw a picture of JY with casual/dress shoes at the CB. They just heard from the HP expert saying those shoes looked like they could be HP Orbitals Those shoes never recovered and then JY goes out and buys a pair of shoes that look like the CB shoes. Smoking gun to me!

Grammy, maybe he needed shoes other then the dress shoes. I think all his comfort shoes were confiscated when LE took his vehicle. I wonder if he bought any clothes the first week after Michelle's death?

I am fine, we went on a 4 day, 3 night vacation, it was a late V:heart:Day present !I was shocked, you never saw someone pack so fast !!

I hope you feel better and I can not wait for this trial to be over......

The verdict , whatever it may be, is a long time coming......

TY and what a sweet surprise. All women love sweet surprises.
A big yes to the bolded.

Grammy, maybe he needed shoes other then the dress shoes. I think all his comfort shoes were confiscated when LE took his vehicle. I wonder if he bought any clothes the first week after Michelle's death?

That is what he testifies too that all his shoes in the house were taken and he needed some and friends were going to lend him some but they didn't fit, BUT The shoes in the CB video were just like the shoes he bought. The shoes from CB pics never found. Again smoking gun. I see no wiggle room on this

I'm still all up in the shoes, and its irking the bejeepers out of me that it even has to be discussed on the stand. As if there is any sort of innocent explanation - all this testimony is almost like some sort of validation that there could be.

If the stakes were the very rest of your life and all that entails - custody of your child, your name, your financial well-being, relationships with friends and family, your job prospects in the face of infamy - nobody would have to ask you for anything. If it were life in prison or worse, you would not play some sort of cat and mouse game with LE over a pair of shoes in an effort to score a strategic point. You'd run over yer own grandma to get down to the station with that stuff.

I'm relistening to the shoe testimony from yesterday, trying to pick it apart, and the whole exercise is just silly. That it even has to be discussed on the stand tells you JY could not and cannot produce the shoes he had on, nor the shirt.

If he can't do that, then he's gotten rid of them.

If he's gotten rid of them, its to hide something.

Something that happened on the night his wife was murdered.

It boggles my mind that it isn't evident, sort of like in Bruce Almighty when all the signs were falling off the back of the truck. Maybe that's not the sort of circumstantial evidence that would hold up in a court of law, but what about the flippin court of common sense?

A "shoe that can go from casual to dress." LOLOL.

He had a pair that he discarded right after he murdered his wife. Duh! Wonder why he felt the need to replace that exact pair within a couple days after the murder, with a lookalike pair?

If you print the ebay papers before you leave on a business trip what was the purpose when you are going to be driving and talking to mama and MM. When was JY going to look at them? I just don't understand ... the purpose of printing the ebay papers was for one reason and one reason only.

Plus on a side note when he talk to MF around 9pm that nite why would he not mention it to her.

I also think someone testified that Meredith's phone number was written on top of the Mapquest printout. If he were printing the EBAY sheets and claimed that Meredith wanted to see them before he bought anything, then why not write her phone number on the EBAY printout rather than the Mapquest printout?

Gracie also told LE that a customer in the store was in there at that time and said Jason was being rude, and they can't find him.

To this day, they can not find him.

They placed surveillance videos in the store and printed up fliers in an attempt to do so.

Later, Gracie said the news carrier was there.
We were told the news carrier had died.

Yesterday testimony from Agent Tart said the news carrier contacted him and said he never saw such an incident.

That might not seem important to some, but without video , L E was inclined to look for some type of back up.

Besides, just think, with Gracie's ID of Jason, there should have been an immediate arrest.........

jmo

It was testified to that this carrier was outside..he was the one who yelled at jason to go inside to prepay in order to pump gas..No doubt he didnt hear the blowup inside??..but maybe there was another mystery regular on the inside..but they never found him..Also that morning..Jason left as soon as he got gas..thus Gracie saw his white SUV (no one told her Jason drove such a vehicle)..so carrier or possible mystery regular wouldnt recall incident at all!!

Thanks to all posters and their interpretation of evidence being testified too. I enjoy reading all different opinions even if we differ in them.
Taking a break.

I'm still all up in the shoes, and its irking the bejeepers out of me that it even has to be discussed on the stand. As if there is any sort of innocent explanation

{snipped for space}

Maybe that's not the sort of circumstantial evidence that would hold up in a court of law, but what about the flippin court of common sense?

Common sense? Not so common afterall.

People would rather tie themselves into human pretzels to explain away things like that.

I also noticed another thing. Since the advent of the CSI shows and people learning all the things that CAN be tracked and found in the CSI world...it has created an expectation that forensic evidence like blood, hair, fibers, etc. MUST be found at a crime scene, and then if one or more is found, it must point to the perp. And if not, if evidence at a scene cannot be forensically linked through DNA to a perp, then there's no (other) evidence that can be convincing beyond a reasonable doubt. Because in the CSI-generation's mind, if physical evidence exists (and remember, it in their minds it must), it should also definitely solve the case. It has created an all or nothing expectation.

I am sure LE wishes they had done at least a photo lineup of other individuals to see if she could pick out JY. I think doing it after the fact would be highly prejudicial.

This was a 'canvass', basically going store to store asking for information about a person (reason undisclosed).

The judge ruled it was proper and done correctly.
(I was at the hearing and he was very clear there was no error by LE)

Just because the DT insinuates it was improper procedure, doesn't mean it was.
Defense attorneys are not paid to seek the truth.

A "shoe that can go from casual to dress." LOLOL.

He had a pair that he discarded right after he murdered his wife. Duh! Wonder why he felt the need to replace that exact pair within a couple days after the murder, with a lookalike pair?

Yes, that's what's always uppermost in my mind when my closest relatives are brutally murdered...being able to mix and match my clothes.

It was testified to that this carrier was outside..he was the one who yelled at jason to go inside to prepay in order to pump gas..No doubt he didnt hear the blowup inside??..but maybe there was another mystery regular on the inside..but they never found him..Also that morning..Jason left as soon as he got gas..thus Gracie saw his white SUV (no one told her Jason drove such a vehicle)..so carrier or possible mystery regular wouldnt recall incident at all!!

Gracie, in the first trial, said there was a regular customer who was in the store at the time who witnessed Jason yelling at her.
A guy who came in and always had coffee.

This is the customer LE tried so hard to find.

Later, Gracie told LE that the news carrier may have been there as well.

JTF, I did not say it was wrong. But her selection of JY would have been iron tight had it been done differently. I am aware of why they did not. We have discussed this before.

Agreed, this is more about her identifying JY in 2006 than it is today. I understand she is testifying in this current trial, but to me she is testifying to her identifying him in 2006. And as you mentioned, why would she make up the details to support her claim, suv, color and the receipt which allows for the correct timing of such an event. I find her information very believable.

Exactly sL !!

Not only his memorable face, but that same white SUV, parked on the far side of the pump (only vehicle there).
Then, the cops find the $15 cash purchase that totally corroborated her statement.
One of the biggest things for me is she did not seek out LE and has no agenda.
Just a good, humble soul.

It makes sense that Spivey would be the last Pros witness.

Thank you and thanks for reporting about the courtroom.

:)

I was disappointed that Beth Karras wasn't there today. :) There's a huge In Session satellite truck parked on Fayetteville Street though.

Everyone please remember no personal banter. Just keep discussing the case please.

Thank you,
Tricia

Defense attorneys are not paid to seek the truth.

snipped by me.

I have found nothing dishonorable about the defense team in this trial, and I think one must acknowledge that the prosecution team is not paid to seek the truth either. I do not trust this prosecution team, and I have found it necessary to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911