State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently unable tO watch or follow the trial closely... Does anyone know if the hp shoe employee testify about size 12 orbitals or size 12 HP shoes with that sole design?

IMO that if the testimony was that there were only ~195 orbitals that is not as impactfuk as there were at least 2 other models of hps that had the same sole design.

I'm not sure the state (or particularly anyone here that I've seen) takes the position JY changed in his closet, just that he likely accessed it and not the other closet.

Agreed there is very little evidence downstairs. A bit of blood on a door knob and the hose running outside - that's all I know of.

ETA: No matter if one thinks JY did it, JY and somebody else did it, or JY wasn't there, the killer was highly effective at limiting evidence to the upstairs area.

Thanks Gritguy and excellent closing argument that you wrote. Do you know if there is any evidence of bloody shoe prints in that closet?

No blood going downstairs or on the first floor?

I have tried to listen to as much of this trial as possible but there are many distractions at work and I have missed all testimony this week. This forum is where I go to try to understand what has been testified. I am terribly confused about no blood traces on the stairs or first floor. Let me explain what I think are the facts (I have my flame suit on in case it is needed)

It has been testified that MY's body had to be moved in order to open JY's closet. It has been alleged that JY changed in his closet. It has been testified that both the bed and where MY body lay was bloodied. It seems to me that this has boxed in JY's closet with MY body and the bed.

If JY changed in the closet I would assume that there would have to be bloody shoe prints in this closet. Is this correct? If JY changed in the closet then how did he exit the closet without getting any blood on his changed set of clothes?

Is these are stupid questions then it simply shows that I have been had undivided attention paid to the testimony. I believe that I have however read every post on this forum since the trial started.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Wow, nice to meet you , Albert...:)

I'm currently unable tO watch or follOw the trial closely... Does anyone if the hp shoe employee testify about size 12 orbitals or size 12 HP shoes with that sole design?

IMO that if the testimony was that there were only ~195 orbitals that is not as impactfuk as there were at least 2 other models of hps that had the same sole design.

The other 2 shoes were discontinued when they started making the Orbitals.

IMO

Thanks Gritguy and excellent closing argument that you wrote. Do you know if there is any evidence of bloody shoe prints in that closet?

Not that I recall, but I am not up on which prints were where.

There were some items taken from the bedroom, but I don't know if any were from the closet.

And thanks, too.

Wow, nice to meet you , Albert...:)

Cammy I believe that JY is guilty and have stated so early on. I am simply trying to understand how/where the clean up took place. Perhaps this is not even an important issue.

Cammy I believe that JY is guilty and have stated so early on. I am simply trying to understand how/where the clean up took place. Perhaps this is not even an important issue.

I've wondered about it too, irrespective of the killer's identity.

At the least, perhaps a towel thrown down and then shoes off and pants rolled up; items then bundled up in the towel or bag and killer leaves. This doesn't deal with CY and the highly suggestive evidence that she was handled/cleaned.

However it was done, it was well done.

And if one buys into the theory there were two people in on it, the achievement is more impressive.

Yet, there it is - almost complete except the bit of blood on the door knob which sadly did not result in a print.

No blood going downstairs or on the first floor?

I have tried to listen to as much of this trial as possible but there are many distractions at work and I have missed all testimony this week. This forum is where I go to try to understand what has been testified. I am terribly confused about no blood traces on the stairs or first floor. Let me explain what I think are the facts (I have my flame suit on in case it is needed)

It has been testified that MY's body had to be moved in order to open JY's closet. It has been alleged that JY changed in his closet. It has been testified that both the bed and where MY body lay was bloodied. It seems to me that this has boxed in JY's closet with MY body and the bed.

If JY changed in the closet I would assume that there would have to be bloody shoe prints in this closet. Is this correct? If JY changed in the closet then how did he exit the closet without getting any blood on his changed set of clothes?

Is these are stupid questions then it simply shows that I have been had undivided attention paid to the testimony. I believe that I have however read every post on this forum since the trial started.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

I think a better question would be 'how would a random killer exit from the upstairs of the house without leaving any blood on the stairs or lower level of the house.' Who ever committed this crime, took extreme care to leave no traces of blood past the master bedroom from himself. JMO

I totally respect that....

I was impressed with all the posts you have read.

:)

ETA: It makes no difference to me whether you are G, on the fence, or a NG....
I value your opinion just as much as anyone else's.

On the total clean up theory, I've used the logic that if the killer was a stranger who could retreat to his own unknown abode or vehicle, then he would want to leave the house as quickly as possible and so would not spend time changing shoes, clothes, and otherwise sanitizing himself before leaving especially when leaving behind a child witness. But if it were JY, who both was comfortable in the house and knew everything about it and who was heading back to a public area in a vehicle the police would likely be curious about later, then he would need to be clean of any evidence before leaving. That is JMO of course. One obvious flaw is that if the killer were a stranger who lived with someone else then he might need to be clean before leaving.

Still, I find the behavior of the killer consistent with someone who more needed to be evidence free before leaving the house than he needed to get out of the house quickly.

There is one bloody smear on the doorknob in the kitchen that leads to the garage. That was MY's blood. That is the door the killer used to take himself (and likely CY) out and then through the garage to the door closest to the hose outside. Remember that hose was left running all night and into the next day.

Garbage bags were left out on the counter in the kitchen.

What seems likely and common sense: the killer was able to contain the mess to mostly the MBR because he controlled his own movements. CY's footprints in her mommy's blood are in the MBR and then in the hall bathroom. She was carried into that bathroom, the door was closed, and she was left in there while the killer got his clothes off, changed, etc.

No blood was found in the drains. Likely that the killer used washcloths and a couple towels. He would have put everything into garbage bags as he completed his tasks. He would have put the bloody shoes in there as well. He used the outside hose to wash up.

He wasn't trying to CLEAN a crime scene...he was only making sure HE didn't leave evidence of his identity at the scene! And what evidence he did leave, was meant to confuse and obfuscate (i.e. the Franklin size 10 shoe prints)

CY's diaper was not found in any of the trash bins (meaning: the killer took it with him).

Everything he wore was put in a trash bag. The weapon too. He probably double and tripled bagged everything to make sure nothing got out. It was not only possible for a murder to be contained upstairs, it's what occurred.

Speaking for myself, I'd like the same answers and I haven't missed much of this trial at all.

It seems to me that the one of the biggest mysteries in this is the fact that all the blood evidence, including any all foot prints, are all isolated to the 2nd floor. Nothing at all is on the first floor.

I also do not recall there being any blood evidence in the closet. Neither trace or foot prints (dunno how that happened).

Some argue since there is no blood evidence in JY's vehicle then he couldn't be the perp. Well, someone sure got downstairs without leaving any blood or other evidence of the crime so I suspect their vehicle is just as clean as JY's is if it isn't him that committed this murder.

IMO

Hope I phrase this correctly as I know I am tired and I am not LE bashing.

I think that many people feel that when a murder takes place that the murderer/s are covered in blood.

What I have found interesting throughout the DNA testimony was the fact that they only spoke of not finding blood downstairs save on a handle.

What was not addressed is was there any unidentified DNA found downstairs. They had to get additional search warrants for simple things like measurements of the bathroom tiles. Why were the bags that were ready for the goodwill not seized? I could list many of my observations here but I would bore you lol.

I simply get the impression that LE focused on JY without conducting a parallel investigations.

On the total clean up theory, I've used the logic that if the killer was a stranger who could retreat to his own unknown abode or vehicle, then he would want to leave the house as quickly as possible and so would not spend time changing shoes, clothes, and otherwise sanitizing himself before leaving especially when leaving behind a child witness. But if it were JY, who both was comfortable in the house and knew everything about it and who was heading back to a public area in a vehicle the police would likely be curious about later, then he would need to be clean of any evidence before leaving. That is JMO of course. One obvious flaw is that if the killer were a stranger who lived with someone else then he might need to be clean before leaving.

Still, I find the behavior of the killer consistent with someone who more needed to be evidence free before leaving the house than he needed to get out of the house quickly.

Your opinion of why he would leave all the lights on and draw attention to the home?

If LE was needing search warrants for basic info like bathroom tile measurement, then the homeowner must not have wanted them in the house. If there was evidence that could have led to another suspect in the home, then JY made it as difficult as possible to follow up on that. His choice, granted.

Hope I phrase this correctly as I know I am tired and I am not LE bashing.

I think that many people feel that when a murder takes place that the murderer/s are covered in blood.

What I have found interesting throughout the DNA testimony was the fact that they only spoke of not finding blood downstairs save on a handle.

What was not addressed is was there any unidentified DNA found downstairs. They had to get additional search warrants for simple things like measurements of the bathroom tiles. Why were the bags that were ready for the goodwill not seized? I could list many of my observations here but I would bore you lol.

I simply get the impression that LE focused on JY without conducting a parallel investigations.

I can't imagine doing full DNA swabbing and testing of the downstairs area. I can see why it would be somewhat limited to the actual scene of the crime, where the blood evidence was found upstairs, etc.

Seems to me to do full DNA testing in the house as a whole would not be productive because I would expect there would be a lot of unidentified DNA just from the normal course of living and people coming and going in your home.

The fact that this was not done downstairs (other than on the door knob where blood was found) doesn't concern me as there didn't appear to be any evidence of the crime downstairs.

IMO

Your opinion of why he would leave all the lights on and draw attention to the home?

A great question. If I have this correct, there was testimony they were on very early but not so later? And in any event the witness had found that odd?

So, it could have been the case MY had left the lights on, if she had been worried, but I think that is contrary to what is believed - which is the lights were turned on at some point during the night/early morning.

It was a dangerous move regardless of the killer's identity. To support my opinion, I would say JY knew no one was coming home, knew he had a bigger mess to deal with than he had planned, knew he had to minimize the evidence, and so turned the lights on to deal with it since he was in a hurry. To the contrary, the same could be said for the stranger killer, and to boot that the stranger would more likely need the lights on not being as familiar with the home.

If LE was needing search warrants for basic info like bathroom tile measurement, then the homeowner must not have wanted them in the house. If there was evidence that could have led to another suspect in the home, then JY made it as difficult as possible to follow up on that. His choice, granted.

This search warrant was also issued for the deck planks as well as the bathroom tile prints..

They thought they may have a match for the Size 10 Franklins on the deck, they did not.

HOWEVER, JY did leave some evidence besides his shoe prints.

He left his hand / finger print on the wall near his closet doorframe... 16 inches above the floor and 7 inches in from the frame. Blood spatter did not cover that hand / finger print, because that spatter occurred while his left hand was on the wall for leverage and balance, as he was bent over, beating his wife to death. This fact is contained in a search warrant.

These ones:

youngshoe1.jpg

youngshoe2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads