State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I have been in that courtroom I was freezing. It is always cold in there but Klink seems to always be sweating. Maybe he is worried he client is going to prison??

Man, I almost always sweat during my cases. Not because I am nervous, necessarily, about a bad decision, but because it is intense, hard work and you have to be constantly alert. It's a mental workout.

4 days of testimony for the defense. I guess that built in the possibility Jay will take the stand.

So who could they add to make up 2 full additional days?
I can only come up with 7 additional....any other ideas

1- Coates Kennerly (in court often)....cigar smoking pal
2- Dr Godwin....present his 75 bags of missed evidence
3- The defense PI...Has been sitting mute for 3 weeks.
4- Alice Stubbs....custody attorney that wanted no more bad publicity
5- Roger Smith - first attorney.... "I told him to zip his mouth"
6 Dwayne Deaver....former SBI....'yes, I think Jason did it"
7- Kim Young...big sis that posted all over message boards smearing MF

From watching just that little segment of his testimony, I was left with the impression that they were in Applebee's and they were there for a period of time. He mentions receiving the "don't talk without a lawyer calls" and his sister finding and calling the attorney (presumably Tharrington Smith). I don't know the details well enough to know if they ate, threw back a couple of vodka tonics to quell the nerves, had a chocolate lava cake for a sugar rush or what, but I was left with the impression from HIS testimony (and the way Mr. Collins phrases the question) that they were inside.

Moo and all that jazz.

Right, all things that could have been done on cell phones while driving.

As a general rule, would a defense attorney NOT ask their client whether they committed the offense or not? I am not sure how criminal defense attorneys operate (read: look at themselves in the mirror) but maybe they can justify what they do by saying they didn't really know bc they didn't ask? How else could someone defend a wife/baby killer, child rapist, or any of the other sickos out there that get arrested?

With regard to asking your client The Question: It depends. If he has told you that he did it, then you cannot ask because if the client says, No, I didn't kill her, then you have just suborned perjury. Serious business. So you don't wanna know... Doh.

Further, all you are doing is making sure he has a fair trial, right? Huh? Anybody??? Where'd everybody go???

The first option is that investigators gather evidence, and if clothing is going to be used as evidence then they sure better do their job and request all of it.

The storage unit did not exist until JY put his house up for sale and moved everything out, so there was a reason for that delay. Maybe they should have searched PYs house sooner, but both PY and MF testified to what he was wearing and he was seen on video in Duffield.
MF willingly allowed LE to search her house, so no SW was needed.

I'm amazed at the number of disparaging remarks directed towards Gracie and her *memory*, compared with the amount of misstatements about the facts of this case on these boards. How anyone can refer to Gracie as 'brain damaged' & 'having memory issues' after reading the continual mis-stating of the evidence here alludes me. :(

:goodpost:

I dont think jay will take the stand!!! No way!!! My son will be going to law school this year!!! He said if he does he did it against lawyer!!!moo!!!

Ya know, that would have been a great idea, had JLY *met with* the detectives and told them where he'd been. But since he didn't, I doubt there4 are many 'mind readers' in the detective bureau.

I bet they got surveillance video of every known place he was over those 2 days. That doesn't mean every iota of information will be shown at trial.

Man, I almost always sweat during my cases. Not because I am nervous, necessarily, about a bad decision, but because it is intense, hard work and you have to be constantly alert. It's a mental workout.

He's a large man. That's par for the course.

I watched every day, lots of empty seats.
In Sessions commented on the same thing..
A trial that started here today in NJ has a huge courtroom packed and overflowing,
people waiting and trying to get in, and wall to wall people standing in the back of the courtroom, and it's not even a murder trial.
Beth Karras is here covering it, she left the Young trial for this.:confused:

Not surprised at all. The 3 times I watched, the prosecution put me to sleep. Literally. I was so expecting to get a bombshell last witness for the prosecution, what a disappointment! zzzzzzzzzzzz

What's the trial in NJ? Maybe I'll follow that one instead.

Klink was sweating and fanning himself when I was there on Tuesday too, and I too thought it was cold in the courtroom.

Any jurors in particular you found to be interesting? There is an African-American male in the front row who was nodding off when I was there (the first half of JLY's videotaped testimony).

Oh dear.

How can you gather evidence that no longer exists?

Do you really really really think that the two things - shoes and shirt - that would exonerate JY - are stashed away somewhere, and have been sat upon during two trials for a man's very life?

The brown shoes that he may have worn for the interview were in the back of the car ... what did he have on his feet?

Gritguy or any other legal eagle:

Any chance the Judge may include a lesser charge this time around?

I believe that! And Klinkosum is focussed and intense. His boy's freedom is on the line. He's looking at LWOP. Huge responsibility. He had to have been completely deflated after the last trial. They took a risk and put JY on the stand. The man spoke for the first time since the murder. Now his words are locked in. In your opinion, will they take the same risk this time around?

I dont think jay will take the stand!!! No way!!! My son will be going to law school this year!!! He said if he does he did it against lawyer!!!moo!!!

I don't think so either.

Last time, they said it was his decision, I don't think he will again.

jmo

Not surprised at all. The 3 times I watched, the prosecution put me to sleep. Literally. I was so expecting to get a bombshell last witness for the prosecution, what a disappointment! zzzzzzzzzzzz

What's the trial in NJ? Maybe I'll follow that one instead.

Hey n/t......:)

Just think the Pros was better this time, than last time.....,
I haven't watched the last state witness yet, he was involved in the custody case.

It's more of a hate crime here.
College student committed suicide after his roommate secretly placed a webcam in their room to expose him for being gay
and going on the internet.

Grit,

Is it true that the DT will go last (get last word) at closing if JLY does not take the stand?

If he does, please don't let BH cross him!

Jason would be foolish to do that.
He needs to let his attorneys speak for him now
There was nothing in his testimony major to impeach him.
He is very lucky that twig held the door open, and that a bush was in reach, which makes me think he must
have really done just that.

No one is that lucky.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads