State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I must disagree.

The ME put her TOD as being between 12:00am - 6:00am.

That means that this murder could of occurred at any point during this time. LE and the PT came up with a theory then worked to gather evidence to support this theory of which many believe to be what has happened.

They find a witness whom has memory issues, has changed her story a number of times specifically the ability to describe JY as being the individual that came into the gas station.

In the hearing she could not even describe if he was bald etc.

Her testimony and the ability of LE/PT to back this up is critical.

I am not brain-damaged but do have memory issues. I also have problems describing people who I see on a daily basis. I am also terrible regarding my sense of time. But I do know that when someone is rude to me, I do remember certain things about the incident itself. Not the person but the incident. I also know that if shown a picture to "jog" my memory, or if I were to run into that person at a later time, I would most likely remember due to the incident that I recalled.
I watched her testimony. She was very positive when she pointed to JLY that he was the one who came in and cursed her that morning. It is just very ironic that the time this gas incident occurred, is a time that does fit in to a timeline "if" JLY did murder Michelle. The receipts for gas match up with the cash sale for the gas that morning.
In and of itself, it is very questionable but if all of these other coincidences are laid out side by side, it makes her testimony believable.

I think they probably bought it as resale...not sure for certain but I don't think they were in a newly built neighborhood.

I'm sure they had get-togethers. I think they also checked DNA against Meredith(since she was at the crime scene,) Michelle Money, and a bunch of others.

They bought the house in 2005....home built in 1991

Oh, sorry about that. Glad that you're on the good side...:) I pray the jury gets it right this time.

I want to make certain that my post was not misinterpreted. I know that Jason Young is guilty as charged, and my reply was to a poster who I believe feels the same, but maintains a better sense of decorum than I do. :) My sarcasm was meant to mock the argument of two random killers because two random killers with bloody shoes would not only leave tracks in one place. Jason planted the size 10 prints for one obvious reason. He very likely never intended to leave his extremely rare hush puppy print. For all his planning, Jason was a little too neat in committing the crime. Now it is the prosecution's job to close the deal, and my thoughts and hopes are that we have 12 intelligent people with common sense, and that their BS meters are on this week.

Oh, and I agree 100% with your summation quoted here.

Hey guys, something's been bugging me.

In the video of JY in the Cracker Barrel, he had a black knitted beanie on his head. In the still of him leaving the HI, he had a ball cap on, but was carrying the beanie. I can't figure out what's up w/ the two hats, but the black one isn't on his head - it's resting atop the newspaper. The ball cap obscures his face nicely, but it was cold and there was a gale, so the beanie would have been the one to wear to keep warm. Instead, he carries it.

I know there were no prints on the camera, and the lack of gloves has been an issue to some people. Why couldn't he have stuck his hand in the beanie to mess with the camera? Its not like unplugging it or shifting it up is a delicate operation, you could totally slip your hand in and do what you needed, and leave no prints.

This has nothing to do with this particular post but you have repeatedly stated concerns regarding Mr. G. and I have to agree.

Where was this dog during all this time?

If memory serves me correctly the defense posed this question to Meredith, she said the dog appeared at the threshold of the front door where she exited with Cassidy and and could not remember when was the first time she saw him before whisking him out the door.

The PT team did not object. It was testified that there were bags in the garage ready to be donated which where never examined.

If this was not the case would you not think the PT would of presented someone to discount this?

I have always wondered why that bag was not examined. That just does not make sense. What if that bag contained clothes from the murder. Maybe the bag contained items to exonerate JY. Guess we will never know.

I want to make certain that my post was not misinterpreted. I know that Jason Young is guilty as charged, and my reply was to a poster who I believe feels the same, but maintains a better sense of decorum than I do. :) My sarcasm was meant to mock the argument of two random killers because two random killers with bloody shoes would not only leave tracks in one place. Jason planted the size 10 prints for one obvious reason. He very likely never intended to leave his extremely rare hush puppy print. For all his planning, Jason was a little too neat in committing the crime. Now it is the prosecution's job to close the deal, and my thoughts and hopes are that we have 12 intelligent people with common sense, and that their BS meters are on this week.

Oh, and I agree 100% with your summation quoted here.

We should all run out and buy stock in Duracell, Energizer, Rayovac etc because those bs-o-meters are gonna be working overtime this week.

They bought the house in 2005....home built in 1991

We bought our home new in 2007, and I remarked to my daughter just the other day, I bet there's probably 'unknown DNA' in our house easily. The guy who comes to service our heat pump, the guy who does the yearly termite inspection, the guys who built our screen porch, etc. But then, were someone to be murdered in our home, we would be available to inform the cops of everyone we could think of who 'might have left' DNA. Unlike JLY who refused to assist in the investigation at all.

I must have missed that; I would be interested to know that person's theory. The posts I read supporting JY never state his innocence, they just cheer-lead the defense as though this is a game. Nor will they put up alternative theories. :waitasec: Go figure...

I don't believe that I am personally cheerleading the defense or the prosecution. I have questions which have not been answered to my satifaction. I am looking simply at the evidence.

I have always wondered why that bag was not examined. That just does not make sense. What if that bag contained clothes from the murder. Maybe the bag contained items to exonerate JY. Guess we will never know.

I don't quite understand either. Then again I don't understand why LE would put up video for 60 days to find the regular customer yet never have Gracie view it and then blame it on logistics. It gives me pause...

About the web searches for "head trauma", etc. that JY did, that is what haunts me. If he did these searches on the internet because he was a "first responder", did the DT bring any evidence to this accident?

I work for traffic attorneys so I deal with accident reports all day long from several counties. They are easy to search without knowing a lot of information. Like for instance, one can search by time, area, road, or date without knowing the drivers name. They are also considered public record in NC, so anyone can ask for reports. If he was "first responder" as he says, was he the one that called 911 for this head injured victim? Most first responders would. If the DT did not bring or do any of this then I guess it is just one more of his lies IMO.

I did not get a chance to see the first trial but have followed most of the second. I hope he goes down this time.

You're exactly right about the "crash reports," LolaB.

To look up a crash on the City of Raleigh site (I have it bookmarked now), all you need is the street name -- if you have a date, you can add it to save time when the results are returned to you; you can put in a driver's name & nothing else, etc., etc. The only caveat is that it often takes a couple of days before it gets in the file that is used for the look-up.

I started with google and keyed in the street name and a driver's name since I had it. And I stumbled around with it for a couple of minutes, and voila! I had it. Really simple.

JY had the location and the date -- he shouldn't have had any problem finding it the same way I did. Public records are for the public to use, so they are really pretty simple to access and understand.

Such a pity he didn't try that way, isn't it. LolaB? He could have made his story much more believable and wouldn't have had to go out there to do all that medical research stuff -- and a crash report is so much more simple to understand -- even if the researcher has sold medical supplies and all that -- don't you agree?
icon10.gif

If memory serves me correctly the defense posed this question to Meredith, she said the dog appeared at the threshold of the front door where she exited with Cassidy and and could not remember when was the first time she saw him before whisking him out the door.

Yes I recall something similar. I would just think that if someone entered the home like MF did the dog would come running. Just again something that gives me pause and niggles at the back of my brain.

I think a part of her testimony also included that she heard the dog whimpering but she never said where that whimpering from was coming from and neither PT nor DT asked her.
On the 911 tape she is heard to be calling to Mr. G - let's go.

You're exactly right about the "crash reports," LolaB.

To look up a crash on the City of Raleigh site (I have it bookmarked now), all you need is the street name -- if you have a date, you can add it to save time when the results are returned to you; you can put in a driver's name & nothing else, etc., etc. The only caveat is that it often takes a couple of days before it gets in the file that is used for the look-up.

I started with google and keyed in the street name and a driver's name since I had it. And I stumbled around with it for a couple of minutes, and voila! I had it. Really simple. JY had the location and the date -- he shouldn't have had any problem finding it the same way I did. Public records are for the public to use, so they are really pretty simple to access and understand.

Such a pity he didn't try that way, isn't it. LolaB? He could have made his story much more believable and wouldn't have had to go out there to do all that medical research stuff -- and a crash report is so much more simple to understand -- even if the researcher has sold medical supplies and all that -- don't you agree?
icon10.gif

Another part of his testimony that can NOT be proven that he lied about. Hum....
TY

Or maybe it contained the striped shirt and hush puppies. Too bad it wasn't searched. Do we know for sure that it wasn't? I did not watch the first trial and have only heard bits and pieces from this second.

Or maybe it contained the striped shirt and hush puppies. Too bad it wasn't searched. Do we know for sure that it wasn't? I did not watch the first trial and have only heard bits and pieces from this second.
Please read post # 579

We bought our home new in 2007, and I remarked to my daughter just the other day, I bet there's probably 'unknown DNA' in our house easily. The guy who comes to service our heat pump, the guy who does the yearly termite inspection, the guys who built our screen porch, etc. But then, were someone to be murdered in our home, we would be available to inform the cops of everyone we could think of who 'might have left' DNA. Unlike JLY who refused to assist in the investigation at all.

Very true. I had heard that many were asked for samples for testing. But LE was definitely working with limited information since Michelle's husband was mute. LE had track down all of these various contractors on their own. I am sure they missed a few along the way. If the homeowner refused to speak to the questions of which contractors were in the home at any given point in time, LE then needed to turn to friends and family. I am positive they could not have known every time a contractor entered that home.

Yes I recall something similar. I would just think that if someone entered the home like MF did the dog would come running. Just again something that gives me pause and niggles at the back of my brain.

I actually think the problem is that she wasn't really asked about the dog. I remember her saying the dog was going crazy when she got there, but I don't think any further questions were asked about that until she said that she took Mr. G outside w/ her and CY.

I wish they had asked because it seems like there would have been bloody paw prints all over the place, even if the dog was locked up during the murder. Animals have a 6th sense, even my cats growl at strange people or noises. Dogs go nuts if someone goes after their person! If nothing else I would think that Mr. G would have stayed with Michelle if he was free to move around the house. Maybe he did and then ran to Meredith when she came in. Who knows...

I don't quite understand either. Then again I don't understand why LE would put up video for 60 days to find the regular customer yet never have Gracie view it and then blame it on logistics. It gives me pause...
Yes, such a waste of money in these days of budget cuts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45