State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I am listening to the state.

After what they did or tried to do to Cindy Beaver, I am so disgusted with them.

She did not even want to get involved in the case, it took her boss to tell her she HAD to, he made the call, not her.

She even tried to withdraw her statements, but you know what she never did, she never changed her story....

And, look how they treated her.......I hope she sues them.

JMO

If she sues somebody, I think it should be her employer for openly trashing her character.

JMO

And don't forget, in NC, Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is "Fully satisfied, entirely convinced to a moral certainty."

I made fun there of his voicemail but it's been pointed out to me that I will typically leave messages/make phone calls where I call and say: Hey, _____name of other party___ it's _____ BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH_____ Well, name of other person here, call me.

I also repeat my name and phone number for relatives, friends and girlfriends, co-workers and sometimes say my last name for people who know who it is.

I don't know about anyone else but that is the way I was taught proper phone etiquette. Now that was before the days of caller ID, but I always say "hey it's camilla". And one other thing I don't like for someone to call me or leave me a message that just starts talking without identifying themselves. I used to call my mother and say Hi Mom it's me and then my name. Now that is really crazy since I am her only daughter. That is how I was taught.

Is the voice mail posted someplace? tia

I don't have a problem with the name on the vm. It's all the other detail.

You can certainly disagree but I'll continue to hold my opinion, which is based on my own experience with children. I think a toddler all alone with a silent mother for hours on end would most certainly answer a ringing phone.

JMO

I had noted this years back as well, My Belle

A child in a home with an unresponsive Mom would be eager to answer a ringing telephone......especially if she heard her Daddy's voice.

Klinkosum did well by mentioning the possibility that she could have been taken from the home.

After all , that was the state's theory as well at one time.

jmo

My husband is a weird sort. Love him to death, but when he leaves me a voicemail, he says "Hey, it's ____, it's 1:25 on Thursday afternoon." before he starts his message. When I talk to him directly, he doesn't introduce himself, but nevertheless, that's how he starts every voicemail. :waitasec:

My husband did that all.the.time. when we were first dating... it drove me bonkers!!! He still does it on business phone calls. But to me, he just starts speaking and it's usually "don't forget the cleaners" "don't forget the trash" "i won't be home for dinner"... no huge details until later face to face when we see each other after both of our busy days. Now this weekend with him out of town, I'll get messages of "Where are you?" "I called before, call me back"... the phone is not one of my priorities. If you want me, text me... everyone knows that about me now.

For those who feel the DT nailed it.... Did any of the DT witnesses testify that there were unknown prints found in the pillaged closet that matched the other unknown prints found in the house, ie., the ebay print outs, the jewelry box, medicine dropper? Collins did demonstrate how the unknown palm prints could have been made outside the closet door, if he is correct then surely those same prints must be somewhere in that pillaged closet, correct?

A child in a home with an unresponsive Mom would be eager to answer a ringing telephone......especially if she heard her Daddy's voice.

Klinkosum did well by mentioning the possibility that she could have been taken from the home.

jmo

It was the state's theory at one time and since then, they've really not offered any theory to explain the child's "shockingly" clean body/clothes and how and where she got that way.

JMO

That gas milage chart alone leaves reasonable doubt........

Jason would have run out of gas 20 miles before he even got to King, NC.

:maddening:

This is my first post and I'm a fairly new lurker; be gentle please!

Is it possible that JY stopped for gas to top off his tank somewhere around ... say, outside of Greensboro and paid in cash?

And a separate question about the unidentified finger prints - did they ever say if the unidentified prints in the master bedroom were possibly from the same person or were they unable to make that conclusion?

Thanks!

jmo

I don't think eliminating a possiblity is entirely the same thing as putting forth a theory.

BBM

Don't you want to keep an open mind?

I am so mad at them right now.

I was just reading Cindy Beaver's daughter account of all the things they tried to do her Mom, and that is just wrong.

She even says that her Mom thought she was going to be Pros witness, and was surprised she was called by the defense.

She wasn't there to get Jason off, she was there to tell what she saw.

Her Mom had serious health problems, and they knew this, and yet they kept badgering her.

Yet, Gracie, was probably wined and dined.....JMO

You can certainly disagree but I'll continue to hold my opinion, which is based on my own experience with children. I think a toddler all alone with a silent mother for hours on end would most certainly answer a ringing phone.

JMO

I think it would depend upon whether it was a land line or a cell phone and the location of it. But, yes, a small child would I think definitely answer the phone if they could. Did they ever mention where the phone was? jmo

I am so mad at them right now.

I was just reading Cindy Beaver's daughter account of all the things they tried to do her Mom, and that is just wrong.

She even says that her Mom thought she was going to be Pros witness, and was surprised she was called by the defense.

She wasn't there to get Jason off, she was there to tell what she saw.

Her Mom had serious health problems, and they knew this, and yet they kept badgering her.

Yet, Gracie, was probably wined and dined.....JMO

BBM

By whom exactly?

Is it possible that JY stopped for gas to top off his tank somewhere around ... say, outside of Greensboro and paid in cash?

And a separate question about the unidentified finger prints - did they ever say if the unidentified prints in the master bedroom were possibly from the same person or were they unable to make that conclusion?

Thanks!

:welcome:

Anything is possible, but this is a murder case, and murder cases need proof, not speculation or theories.

Which the state is so good at it, and then just leaves things out there, as pointed out by the defense this am...

I hope the Pros falls flat on their face......

JMO

No way I am listening to the state.

After what they did or tried to do to Cindy Beaver, I am so disgusted with them.

She did not even want to get involved in the case, it took her boss to tell her she HAD to, he made the call, not her.

She even tried to withdraw her statements, but you know what she never did, she never changed her story....

And, look how they treated her.......I hope she sues them.

JMO
Hi Cammy and all. :seeya:
I think the way they handled CB was not only disgusting but will affect the way other wittinesses might feel about coming out with information. Maybe th N/O delivery did see something and turned his head. Maybe he did not have time for LE, BS, as he worked 2 jobs, starting at 3 AM ending his route to go to his second full time job.
If he spoke to anyone about it, I can vision them saying," man you seen nothing, you get involved and they will have you committing the murder in no time". MOO
If CB daughter is reading, give her a double huge hug for being brave enough for standing her ground with LE...

I think it would depend upon whether it was a land line or a cell phone and the location of it. But, yes, a small child would I think definitely answer the phone if they could. Did they ever mention where the phone was? jmo

iirc, he called both. Landline right next to the bed where CY was found.

JMO

jmo

OK, so we agree to disagree on whether a 2 1/2 year old would answer the phone.

But again, wasn't this message left on a voicemail as opposed to an answering machine? An answering machine would mean CY could have heard JY's voice. Voicemail means she would not have been able to hear the message as it was being left.

I'm having trouble seeing how one infers that CY not answering the phone indicates she wasn't there. There could be other reasons she would not have answered the phone. 1. (My assumption) A two year old doesn't answer phones. 2. She had been drugged and was unconscious. 3. Assuming she is capable of and in the habit of answering a phone and assuming she's awake and coherent, she doesn't hear that it's Daddy that is leaving the message because the message is being received by voicemail, not an answering machine.

Thanks!

I think the unknown prints are quite irrelevant simply because these unknown prints have not been paired. For example, the unknown print on the medicine dropper has not been linked to the unknown print on the ebay papers. The unknown print on the ebay papers has not been linked to the unknown prints on the jewelry box.

The gas is a can of worms as there are some will say that since the PT did not prove he purchased any gas nor are there any witnesses to him purchasing additional gas then it just must not have happened.

There's no physical evidence that points to ANY killer - there's really no physical evidence at all. Yet, we all do know Michelle was killed. However, the evidence we do have points to Jason Young - hush puppies, Michelle was not alerted by a barking Mr. G (she was attacked in her bed), and Cassidy was cleaned up. These 3 things points to JY and no one else. Common sense.

There is no physical evidence linking JY to the crime.

Collins is right. There seems to be a misconception of some folks that one only has to profess their innocence to cops and it will result in cops accepting it and move on to someone else. In real life, it doesn't work that way and never has worked that way.

JMO

BBM

By whom exactly?

The comparison in witness treatment between Gracie and Cindy are miles apart.

Gracie fit, so she was their "star".

Look at the make over she got from one trial to another.

But, Cindy ruined things for the state so they had to go get her boss to say mean things about her.

Doesn't matter what they say though, her story never changed.

She saw a car at 5:30 coming out of the driveway at 5108 Birchleaf that am, no matter how the state tries to discount her, discredit her, or spin it.

Cindy held on fast and firm.....
They didn't touch her on the stand.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads