FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame it on Rosova, I looked. The only mention I find of "10 days" (or more).

http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes...atuteYear=2011
Suspension proceedings, pursuant to rules of the State Board of Education, may be initiated against any enrolled student who is formally charged with a felony, or with a delinquent act which would be a felony if committed by an adult, by a proper prosecuting attorney for an incident which allegedly occurred on property other than public school property, if that incident is shown, in an administrative hearing with notice provided to the parents of the student by the principal of the school pursuant to rules adopted by the State Board of Education and to rules developed pursuant to s. 1001.54, to have an adverse impact on the educational program, discipline, or welfare in the school in which the student is enrolled. Any student who is suspended as the result of such proceedings may be suspended from all classes of instruction on public school grounds during regular classroom hours for a period of time, which may exceed 10 days as determined by the district school superintendent. ,

Does that apply in Trayvon's case? His suspension did not exceed 10 days...

Well actually it is now in the FBI and the DOJ's hands. I trust their investigative skills a whole lot more than I do the SPD's. But that's JMHO.

I really hope we get some news tomorrow or by Tuesday at least. They have been on-site now for quite a few days and I bet they worked all weekend as well.

JMHO

I do too. Not elected critters , all appointed. And that Thomas Perez sounds like a real incorruptible bad **s who will even go after local LE chiefs/town officials on prior questionable cases.

Here's a question -

We know the FBI and DOJ are there. They will have access to everything - obviously. What happens if the FBI asks SPD - "ok, where are the pictures of GZ's injuries?" or "I'm sure you took crime scene pix before moving the body - can we see those?" or " we would like to see any and all surveillance tapes from the complex." And, there aren't any. Then what? What would the FBI and DOJ do then?

I suspect that some of the residents took pictures since it is so easy with a cell phone. Am sure they would also be canvassing the neighborhood for such info.
One can hope.

The only one dead was Tray. Who was beating on a dead guy? GZ?
On top of Tray? Or was GZ unconscious?
English is not my first language but that sentence just does not make any sense to me unless I have a mental English language block.:waitasec: Or I am just a stupid foreigner :what:
Help please.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012

Unless this is the version in more correct English.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top PREVIOUSLY beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Anyway, dear John does not sound like a very credible witness since he likes to remain anonymous.

As long as "John" isn't anonymous with the police I fail to see how being anonymous to the press affects his credibility. It's very unfair to blame this person for wanting to remain anonymous considering the amount of attention this case is getting, bounty being offered on Zimmerman's being captured, and so on.

“If someone asks you, ‘Hey do you live here?’ is it OK for you to jump on them and beat the crap out of somebody?” Lee said. “It’s not.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/15/v-fullstory/2696446/trayvon-martin-case.html#storylink=cpy

Here, Bill Lee states that Zimmerman did have words with Trayvon and then Trayvon beat the crap out of him? So did Zimmerman yell from over his shoulder to Trayvon "Hey do you live here" and then Trayvon attacked him from the back?

This quote seems to have been taken out of context (huge surprise!), I think it was Lee answering a question, or he has Tourettes.

I'm not a doctor and this may be a dumb question, but if someone is shot in the chest do they do chest compressions?

Good question and for a moment lets assume a person shot or stabbed in the right chest and the bullet penetrated the lung. A life threatening situation as the person is only breathing from one lung and will probably collapse.

It's known as a sucking chest wound. Not only because it sucks to get shot in the chest but because of the sound it makes as the persons lung attempts to breath through the hole in their chest. The wound may also penetrate through the back.

The wound must be sealed ASAP to re-inflate the lung. Besides sterile sealing strips one can use cellophane or a piece of saran wrap other seal-able material to cover and tape the wound or keep pressure on. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do, seal the front and back. (unofficial)

An internal peer reviewed article at the link. You may also search "sucking chest wound" for more info.

http://www.anatomyatlases.org/firstaid/ChestWound.shtml

Remember your ABC's of First Aid

Certain skills are considered essential to the provision of first aid and are taught ubiquitously. Particularly the "ABC"s of first aid, which focus on critical life-saving intervention, must be rendered before treatment of less serious injuries. ABC stands for Airway, Breathing, and Circulation.

*may* exceed 10 day.

Yes but knowing that his suspension did not exceed 10 days, we are still in the same spot as to figuring out/sleuthing what he could have been suspended for IMO.

If he was suspended for 11+ days, then we could be more sure...

JMO

Good question and for a moment lets assume a person shot or stabbed in the right chest and the bullet penetrated the lung. A life threatening situation as the person is only breathing from one lung and will probably collapse.

It's known as a sucking chest wound. Not only because it sucks to get shot in the chest but because of the sound it makes as the persons lung attempts to breath through the hole in their chest. The wound may also penetrate through the back.

The wound must be sealed ASAP to re-inflate the lung. Besides sterile sealing strips one can use cellophane or a piece of saran wrap other seal-able material to cover and tape the wound or keep pressure on. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do, seal the front and back. (unofficial)

An internal peer reviewed article at the link. You may also search "sucking chest wound" for more info.

http://www.anatomyatlases.org/firstaid/ChestWound.shtml

Remember your ABC's of First Aid

Certain skills are considered essential to the provision of first aid and are taught ubiquitously. Particularly the "ABC"s of first aid, which focus on critical life-saving intervention, must be rendered before treatment of less serious injuries. ABC stands for Airway, Breathing, and Circulation.
BBM

Creating the flutter valve will probably not be sufficient enough to stop the tension pneumothorax and re-inflate the lung. The bandaging should actually occur during regular first aid and before there is a noticeable air pocket forming in the pleural cavity. If you get to that point, a needle-chest decompression is most likely necessary.

It should also be mentioned that you only seal the bandage on three sides for the entrance wound, and completely seal the exit wound if there is one.

I'm not sure I believe much coming from friends & family of Zimmerman, reminds me of the Anthonys covering for Casey. :( jmo.

Yep, I expect more interviews from Zimmerman's friends/casual acquaintances are forthcoming. Interviews and its resulting fees are quite attractive to many folks. The circus has come to town again.

I'm not a doctor and this may be a dumb question, but if someone is shot in the chest do they do chest compressions?

BBM

Creating the flutter valve will probably not be sufficient enough to stop the tension pneumothorax and re-inflate the lung. The bandaging should actually occur during regular first aid and before there is a noticeable air pocket forming in the pleural cavity. If you get to that point, a needle-chest decompression is most likely necessary.

It should also be mentioned that you only seal the bandage on three sides for the entrance wound, and completely seal the exit wound if there is one.

Thanks, glad you mentioned it. I wasn't sure whether to mention a flutter valve or not since I've had training both ways. (military)

How does he know? Guessing or was he told.Also I have seen GZ height stated at 5'2" and also 5'8" does anyone know GZ height? TYIA.

The police report says 5'9", no weight listed. I've read media articles that state Trayvon was 6'3" to 6'5", 140-160....police reports states 6' 160.

I am 5'10", and soaking wet I weigh 130 - people try to feed me, so I can only imagine how thin 6'4", 140 would be...and thus, I suppose, the nick-name, "Slim"

I don't believe GZ is 250 at 5'9", there's a recent picture of him and even though it's from the neck up, he doesn't look that heavy. IMO

Thanks, glad you mentioned it. I wasn't sure whether to mention a flutter valve or not since I've had training both ways. (military)

Looks like annalia got her money's worth. Thanks.

The police report says 5'9", no weight listed. I've read media articles that state Trayvon was 6'3" to 6'5", 140-160....police reports states 6' 160.

I am 5'10", and soaking wet I weigh 130 - people try to feed me, so I can only imagine how thin 6'4", 140 would be...and thus, I suppose, the nick-name, "Slim"

I don't believe GZ is 250 at 5'9", there's a recent picture of him and even though it's from the neck up, he doesn't look that heavy. IMO
I am 5'10" and 155... (I feel like a fatty now! :p) I am still nowhere near large, and am routinely called "thin". I disagree with that description, but I am at a normal weight for my height. I really can't imagine someone half a foot taller than me and weighing 20 pounds less.

Don't let that neck-up shot fool you though! I personally can attest to this. I used to be 208 lbs. at 5'7". I have since lost about 40 pounds, but my face looks almost the same. I never did have a "fat face" even when I was heavier...

I have really heard everything now.

Friend Suggests Zimmerman Used ‘Term Of Endearment,’ Not Racial Slur, Before Killing Trayvon Martin

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/25/451392/friend-zimmerman-racial-slur-term-of-endearment/

ETA I guess next they'll be trying to tell us that *advertiser censored**holes is a term of endearment.

Actually, he's right - I was like, are you kidding me, then I took a minute to look it up. No kids around here to ask:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goons

goons
Known as Gangstaz and killers. Partners who ride and die together.
1)"I'll come to your house, me and my goons
Loadin up bangers, ridin under the moon
Throwin up fingers sayin "My side rule"-Lil wayne

2)You shouldnt had f'd wit tyrone, his goons are comin to whoop your *advertiser censored**.

_______
I also have to agree that the other "c" word is not something a 28 year old man would use, unless he was raised by the KKK.

Don't let that neck-up shot fool you though! I personally can attest to this. I used to be 208 lbs. at 5'7". I have since lost about 40 pounds, but my face looks almost the same. I never did have a "fat face" even when I was heavier...

Oh I know, looking at someone's face, it's hard to tell, but there's usually a bit of a chin and his neck looks thin, IMO. ALL IMO.

BBM

Wouldn't one forgo the formalities and straight to CPR if the person is not breathing and void of vital statistics ? I think the original question was whether or not the EMT should have been doing chest compressions on TM.

ETA: The original question way earlier, NOT amalia's question. TIA

Wouldn't one forgo the formalities and straight to CPR if the person is not breathing and void of vital statistics ? I think the original question was whether or not the EMT should have been doing chest compressions on TM.
That really all depends. If the person has been clearly deceased for a period of time, it may be avoided because once you start you cannot stop until paramedics or a doctor takes over. As I stated before (in response to the original question), starting chest compressions generally wouldn't cause any more damage than being dead would, and you'd only do compressions if the person's heart wasn't beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth