17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not had time to revisit this thread till now. I did make it out to the Rally Monday evening. I got there a little late but got to see most of it. The crowd was significantly smaller than the rally held earlier. There was still many elements of discontent that was trying to be hushed up by Sharpton/Jackson. So far they've kept some reigns on those elements to remain civil.

However, in an odd twist a fire broke out along the RR tracks about a mile from the rally. A whisper spread through the crowd that rioting had begun but that was quickly dismissed as word arrived it was just a typical fire and had nothing to do with any rouge elements trying to instigate trouble...

Other than that it was a nice rally & march, glad I made it out to partake in it just a little bit. Now, I've got a lot of catching up to do on this thread, hope to be online later this evening? Lots and lots of new developments have been leaked... It's looking more and more like what I thought all along, just a tragic twist of missteps and errors on two peoples parts that lead to this unfortunate situation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...n-manslaughter/story?id=16011674#.T3MBInnld8E

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

I don't understand... is that supposed to be a 'negative'? That the album is made up of older pictures?

I don't think it's at all unusual for a family to do that. In our local paper, for example, it's customary for a photo to be included with an obituary. Rarely is the photo a recent one. I'll see a photo and think that a teenager died, but the person was really in his 30s. Or that a 10 year-old died, but it's the photo the family chose for an 18 year-old. Families show off the photos that they think best capture their loved one, not only in the obituary but also at the funeral home in a collage or other display.

How can it possibly be wrong for the family to choose the photos they want the world to see? Someone they loved is dead; they're grieving. I don't think any family should be criticized for their decision as to which pictures are meaningful to them.

They are making it out to be Travon is this innocent kid and GZ is the big bad guy with a gun who shot and killed their son for no reason at all.

Minds have been made up since day 1 that GZ has to pay.

I'm sorry their son is dead but they are rushing to judgement because there son is dead.

If they are going to show some pictures they need to show all the pictures and not just the ones that paint Travon in a good way.

JACKSONVILLE -- The prosecutor at the center of the national firestorm over whether the man who killed Trayvon Martin should be charged in his death said Tuesday she’s not likely to need a grand jury to make the decision for her.

More probable, she said, is that she’ll be the one to decide.

“I always lean towards moving forward without needing the grand jury in a case like this,” Angela Corey, the state attorney assigned to the case by Gov. Rick Scott, told The Herald/Times. “I foresee us being able to make a decision, and move on it on our own.”

Corey has built a reputation over the past three years as state attorney for Duval, Nassau and Clay counties as a hard-nosed, tough-minded and strong-willed prosecutor, and a move to decide on her own whether or not to charge George Zimmerman appears to be right in character.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...ed-prosecutor-in-spotlight.html#storylink=cpy

I doubt GZ saw TM and said "This kid has to die'. I don't think for one minute he actively sought out TM just so he could kill him.

Original intent of 'stand your ground' law gets perverted
3/28/12

Florida’s “stand your ground” law is inconsistent and frequently abused — and needs to be repealed immediately, critics charged yesterday.

(snip)... it was supposed to extend the right of self-defense that people had in their homes to places like hotel rooms, trailers and cars, said an ex-state senator who co-sponsored the measure.

Instead, the actual use of the law has veered so far from its intent that criminals are going free, former pol Walter “Skip” Campbell told The Post.

As a result, so-called justifiable homicides in Florida have more than doubled since the law was passed, from 43 in 2005 to 105 in 2009, reports show.

more at link..

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/original_intent_of_law_gets_perverted_w39Aa9wvzLJ1JF5TCYo43I

Yeah, he didn't run fast enough! Or he stopped when he thought he had lost him. It's weird, but it's like looking at a horror film.

When I watch horror films, I always blame the stupid chicks who run upstairs instead of out of the front door? I mean, these chicks deserve to die because they made that simple mistake.

And in the Freddie Krugar films, when the idiot teens think they've lost him, they stop running only for Freddie to catch back up and slice and dice them? It's all their fault!

Then you sit and think... well, what would I do when I'm chased/followed/hunted down by a lunatic?

Good point... I would run till I was someplace safe or I would be dialing 911 and as I run. I do not Know. One never knows till faced with a situation.
I can see why TM would hide, or run. I can see him being afraid and wanting to lose GZ…Since you asked what I would do. One thing I would not do is confront or attack someone following me, that would be scary since I would not know if the guy is a nut....
BUT let’s assume that TM did not attack, What if GZ did start. Which I do not think.
IMHO the police took GZ word and never checked out the details and therein lies the problem....The police just took his word.
Now IF I was some nut…. can go down to FLA look for some action, shoot someone and tell them it was self defense and nobody will review. THERE IN LIES A HUGE PROBLEM. I do not llike this new law.

MOO

They are making it out to be Travon is this innocent kid and GZ is the big bad guy with a gun who shot and killed their son for no reason at all.

I'm sorry their son is dead but they are rushing to judgement because there son is dead.

If they are going to show some pictures they need to show all the pictures and not just the ones that paint Travon in a good way.

The fact of the matter is that Trayvon WAS an innocent kid. On the night that he was killed he was committing no more dastardly a deed than walking down the street.

I don't think that they have made up their minds that GZ has to pay, they have made up their minds that they are simply NOT going to live the rest of their life NOT KNOWING how their unarmed 17 yr old child ended up shot dead on the ground when he was NOT committing any crime, and why the man that shot him basically got a smack on the wrist and a don't do that again.

If this was your child, if your child would you not want to KNOW exactly what happened? These parents have not gotten any answers from an official source they are getting their information from the media, and that only from "leaks"

If it were my child I would NOT be satisfied with the way this was handled either, everything about it stinks to high heaven, everyone deserves to know exactly how this happened, and not just GZ's claims of what happened and mostly Trayvon's family deserves to know how this happened. IMO JMHO and stuff

This is why I have no faith in the media, they have their reasons for this.

This is the picture of trayvon as it appeared naturally, so why are we seeing a picture of trayvon that is much lighter. This picture is from the link above.

5vSyO.Em.56.jpg

There were no squeaky clean people in this case. See links below.
Something did happen but it was NOT murder. While the past gives no details of this case,
These links will lend some character reference. Too often they hide past event saying not relevant....
I do not think it is irrelevant to understand character

IMHO - An investigation should have taken place instantly.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...estic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

Is there not an answer for the question that I asked? How, if Zimmerman was out of his vehicle looking at a street sign, did he end up so far away from his vehicle on a sidewalk that was slap dab in the middle of two rows of condos? Did Trayvon sucker punch him then proceed to drag him all that distance away from his vehicle?

IMO, there are not a lot, if any, posts to explain or answer your question because it does not make sense to have happened that way.

IMO

The one single event that could have prevented all of this is:

GZ should have stayed in his car and waited until LE arrived. Had he done the one thing that Crime Watches are told to do, none of this would have happend. JMO

There were no squeaky clean people in this case.
Neither of them is squeaky clean.
These links will offer up some character reference.
IMHO - An investigation should have taken place instantly.
Something did happen but it was NOT murder.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...estic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

That's what I've been saying.

This has been my number one problem with this case. Don't get me wrong, I think was happened is tragic, because in the end someone has lost their life. But anyone who doesn't think the media has sensationalized this case in a certain way doesn't know how the media works, especially when it comes to big stories like this. I'm sure there are many people outraged and rightfully so, but there are a bunch of others that are also 'following the leader' based on what everyone else is doing. The way the media has steered this story has to be a contributing factor to that.

Actually, we KNOW he was a vigilante and we KNOW he instigated the confrontation. Hell, he even defied police instructions in order to do so. He saw a black kid in a hoodie, and in his mind that was all the provacation he needed.

TM certainly did not misread GZ, he knew the guy was dangerous. He didn't know how dangerous, he didn't know his stalker had brought a gun.

Perhaps, but self defense is not something you can claim without proof -- and it is reasonable to say that someone who stalks, pursues, and confronts an innocent juvenile forfeits any right to such a claim. We teach kids to fight, to attack and kick and bite and scream, but apparently some would have us apply a different standard to teaching black kids.

These folks believe that black kids shouldn't do ANY of that stuff. Black kids should be taught that people are going to suspect them based on nothing more than the color of their skin. Black kids should be taught NOT to fight back, and if a stranger follows them they should stop immediately with their hands in plain sight, and answer any questions the stranger might demand. If they feel forced to fight, they need to be taught that they should never ever attempt to WIN.

Rights? Those are for non-black kids, and they need to know it. Black kids need to know that they don't have the right to not be followed, the right to privacy, the right to do whatever the hell they want up until the point that they break an actual law and are lawfully detained by legitimate law enforcement.

Other than reporting his racist suspicions, which everyone has the right to do, GZ never had the legal authority to do ANY of the things he did. He took that authority upon himself, and he needs to face the consequences.

In my opinion :)

:hero:

:goodpost:

None of them are squeaky clean. They paint TM one way and GZ another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graceyfc