CA CA - Pamela Pedro, 17, Atwater, 15 Sept 1982

Oh Ok, I was wondering what went on..lol. Well, about the Knoxville Tn, "Girl in a box", I sent an e mail to the forensic pathologist that is keeping her safe. I don't see anywhere where they registered her on NamUs, so I asked a few questions. We will see what she says and I will let you guys know tomorrow. :)

I have gotten a match submitted to Doe Network that they submitted to LE, Ive posted that file and other possible matches in previous post here.
I hope she wasn't a victim of the speed freak killers.
I have been following her story for a bit as well.

Does anyone know who dropped Pamela off at school that morning?

Who is the last person to have seen her alive, when, and where?

Pedro, a senior at Atwater High School, was last seen on the morning of September 13, 1982 when she was dropped off at school.
At the time she vanished, Pedro lived with her mother, Patricia McDougall, her father, and her 12-year-old brother, on Rainbow Lane in Winton. The last time McDougall saw her daughter was the morning of September 13, 1982, when she dropped her off at Atwater High, where she was beginning her senior year. McDougall returned to the school around 13.30 to pick up her daughter, who was nowhere to be found.

Pamela was an advanced student in school and was also a classical pianist. She had a black belt in karate and was active in aerobics. She is described as very shy and quiet.

To date there have been no applications for a driver's license in her name and her Social Security account remains inactive.
Pedro's father died in 1985 not knowing what happened to his daughter.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pedro_pamela.html

Well, nothing from the Forensic dept at UT yet, I believe all Scientists should work on Mondays lol

I submitted this one to Rocky at DoeNetwork and he said in an e-mail he would pass it on to LE. I haven't heard anything since. I do not know what else has been submitted for her.

At the risk of a backlash, I have always disliked an unsolved case where a parent was the last one to see a child who was reported missing on a Monday, or was absent from school on a Monday due to illness, with a parents knowledge, and was reported missing on a Tuesday.

This disappearance happened on a Monday, with little knowledge of the events at school that day.

Close to home? Jmo.

Also I want to know, was this a Regular thing? that the Mom dropped her off at 17? I was getting a ride from classmates or riding the bus..what is the backstory on this? Was she in trouble and not allowed to see someone? Or did she live too far from the school to walk?

Well, You guys should know by now that I like to do my homework. I emailed the reporter that briefly covered the story in the Mercedsun-star to see what kind of backstory we could get. Maybe we can get a solid foundation from there. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

I have gotten a match submitted to Doe Network that they submitted to LE, Ive posted that file and other possible matches in previous post here.
I hope she wasn't a victim of the speed freak killers.
I have been following her story for a bit as well.

Hey Amber, I found this Dated just last month. They found the well and are identifying the bodies of the victims of the speed freak killers in SJ County. Its pretty interesting but not anything useful. Only that they are keeping Pam in mind when they examine the victims. However there is not a follow up story on it so, Maybe they havent had enough time to rule her out yet.
http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Linden-search-continues-for-Shermantine-victim-bodies

Well, Folks, Did you know that there is a Federal Penitentiary 2.8 miles from Atwater High School? Thats not very comforting is it? Who on Earth would put a prison full of crazy people right next to a high school? This world AMAZES me. Well, I'm going to look to see (if at all possible) which federal inmates were released the day she went missing. Anyone else have any ideas or want to help?

Is there any way we can contact the family on this? I want to know if the "Person of Interests" Name was Todd W Berggren. He's an ex police officer and is currently incarcerated.

Thank you for that extra info jenstar, very interesting one of those is by a high school!
This opens up new strings of possibilities. I wonder if any were released around the time frame Pam vanished? Maybe one of them stalked the high school and picked out Pam? a school next to a place like that...is like a buffet for predators.
Another possibility i have also thought of is the speed freak killers. I havent ruled that one out in my mind. and i certainly will submit that for you! hopefully i will hear back, but often times i won't hear of what becomes of it, but at least we can get it looked at and submitted!

Some key information is not available to us and, without it, there is little for any of us to go on.

Does anyone know:

1) Did she actually attend every one of her classes that day? In California, every class must take attendance so this information would have been available.

2) The DOE network states that her mother "returned to the school around 13.30 to pick up her daughter, who was nowhere to be found.". (13:30 means 1:30 PM, I assume). This is earlier than HS in California would normally end. Is it correct that Pamela had a definite arrangement with her mother that she would meet her at some point near the school at around 1:30 PM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back