FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of NW is that all are to keep open eyes and ears at all times.....the rule is to observe and report.....that's it.

NO following, NO patrol, NO intercepting, NO restraining, NO initiating altercations....WATCH and REPORT.....its kind of simple....its in the name of the program.

jmo

Yes, the program is called Neighborhood Watch, not Neighborhood Shoot If You Decide It's a Good Idea.

Florida Statute concerning concealed weapon states:

The law permits you to carry a concealed weapon or firearm for self-defense. Carrying a concealed weapon or firearm does not make you a freelance policeman or a “good samaritan.”

also

A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm or trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary, or kidnapping. Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, assault, manslaughter, or worse.

If you read Richard Hornsby blog he lays out the laws and he does say GZ acted within them.

Till I see verified proof the facts show GZ was acting within the law.

There is a crazy self defense law in a bunch of states including Florida.
The problem is it was a rainy day not many people out, not enough eye witnesses,
no one yet who can say they SAW the start of the altercation.
It Is all a he said she said, a nutty law, and a lame police department.

Please cite the section of statutory law this came from. Thanks.

Chapter 776 Florida Statues
The part of the Law pertaining to Justifiable Use of Force. I can't print the whole thing here but would be happy to email it to anyone.

Could the rhythmic swishing noise be windshield wipers? It was raining at the time, IIRC.

Apologies if this was already suggested, it's really hard to keep pace with this fast-moving thread.

Also, what was GZ using to talk on the phone? Was he holding a cellphone, or using Bluetooth, or a wired headset? Could be some of the noises that happen if he was shifting position or something were picked up and amplified by the phone.

I thought it was windshield wipers. But before that point, I can't hear any sound of a car door being open, so I wonder if GZ opened his window to get a better look at TM and that is why the noise is not very loud?

Thanks for listening! :seeya:

There has been no information or even speculation that I have seen about GZ's cell phone. I did ignore a lot of noises that sounded like someone just simply moving around.

Read the manual. It's pretty much what you would do in any normal situation. You see someone breaking a window in your neighbor's home you call it in. You wait until LE comes out, they may ask you some questions and you are done. NWP is more of a deterrent than anything else. It just warns would be criminals, hey, people in this community are going to call in any suspicious behavior and hopefully that person will decide not to try to break into anyone's home because someone might be watching them. jmo

If that is what people did then the criminals would have a field day knowing that everybody just called if they saw someone stealing people's stuff, that's why we have the stealing going on now. If all states allowed everybody "law abiding citizen" to carry there would be much less crime. jmo

I do not see that you would go after a civil right attorney. that is what they did. when they should have gotten a Criminal attorney, if they think something criminal happened.

No. Criminal attorneys are defense attorneys. They did nothing wrong, they can't use a criminal attorney for what they need. Their choice is correct if they feel their son was killed because of his race. They have that right, and on TM's behalf they have the right to find the truth. Frankly I can see a civil rights attorney will do that because these attorneys are aggressive. They do not need an attorney who has no experience in getting them what they want to know. That is, was their son's civil right violated and they do have a right to question the manner of his death. If GZ is telling the truth this will all be resolved and TM's family will have their answer. Myself...I'd want the best in the business pertaining to what I needed to know. jmo

From this point on, we will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or the Black Panther protest(s). There are way too many <modsnips> and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.

We need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Please post media links here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166507"]Trayvon Martin Shooting Media Thread - NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Tricia will be discussing the Trayvon Martin case on Websleuths Radio tomorrow evening and you're invited to call in and join her on the show, which will include the discussion of the protests you cannot discuss here.

Years ago, in a certain Sunshiney state, in a town that may translate into Rat's Mouth, my father managed a bar/restaurant. One night, the bar was held up, including customers. My dad had a gun in the register, and when the guy shot at him, my dad shot back-and was the better marksman. The guy died. My father wasn't charged, but the event haunted him for years. He never spoke to me of the incident at all, but my aunt told me of the phone calls to her, my father sobbing. He did what was right, but it was not without horrible scars. I'd rather not kill someone if it can be avoided. But that's just me.

Chapter 776 Florida Statues
The part of the Law pertaining to Justifiable Use of Force. I can't print the whole thing here but would be happy to email it to anyone.
No, I mean the part you specifically quoted and cited as being a part of Florida statutory law:

Florida Statute concerning concealed weapon states:

The law permits you to carry a concealed weapon or firearm for self-defense. Carrying a concealed weapon or firearm does not make you a freelance policeman or a “good samaritan.”

Yes, the program is called Neighborhood Watch, not Neighborhood Shoot If You Decide It's a Good Idea.

The law says if you shoot in self defense you are within your rights.
GZ may have very well been defending himself. I believe that he was.

I guess so. Lot's of rights you have to give up when you affiliate yourself with certain organizations, and if you don't like the rules then you hang up your club pin, your bright sash, hand in your card or your Captain's cap.

Dang...he had a Captain's cap AND a sash?

Most men got one in the army and it is hidden under their shirt LOL
But my reply was to someone that wanted to know why we make impression on people with grids in their teeth or gold teeth. :what:
WHY we make an impression :what:
Should we be so depraved that anything at all goes? :what:

Please please tell me that you are not saying that anyone with gold teeth is DEPRAVED. Now I want your full list of what clothes, accessories, fashion choices constitutes DEPRAVED.

I certainly hope you don't patrol your neighborhood with a hand gun.

Years ago, in a certain Sunshiney state, in a town that may translate into Rat's Mouth, my father managed a bar/restaurant. One night, the bar was held up, including customers. My dad had a gun in the register, and when the guy shot at him, my dad shot back-and was the better marksman. The guy died. My father wasn't charged, but the event haunted him for years. He never spoke to me of the incident at all, but my aunt told me of the phone calls to her, my father sobbing. He did what was right, but it was not without horrible scars. I'd rather not kill someone if it can be avoided. But that's just me.
According to GZ's friend he was crying and shaken for days.

If that is what people did then the criminals would have a field day knowing that everybody just called if they saw someone stealing people's stuff, that's why we have the stealing going on now. If all states allowed everybody "law abiding citizen" to carry there would be much less crime. jmo

Yes, this is typical of what LE considers as their greatest nightmare. And if all law abiding citizen's carried guns IMO there would be more of them dead than criminals. Criminals know who they are, an advantage. lol

I bet your dad was traumatized :(
According to GZ's friend he was crying and shaken for days.

I don't have links but my memory is that there were two different allegations, neither made by George Zimmerman. One, I believe was made by Police Chief Bill Lee to the effect that GZ had gotten out of his car to check street signs and was attacked by TM when GZ turned to get back into his car.

Later, someone else, and I don't know who made this claim to the media, was that GZ was looking for street numbers. Again the claim was made that GZ was attacked by TM when GZ was returning to his car.

I looked for links, but those two differing stories are lost in the thousands of stories and blog postings online. So this is strictly from memory and therefore my opinion only.

In my original post concerning this topic I said (not exact wording that follows) that it had been claimed by one of Zimmerman's "mouth pieces" (if you will) that was using the media to tell Zimmerman's side of the story out to the public that Zimmerman NEVER left his truck and followed Trayvon. It was Zimmerman's father that made that claim first. The truth of the matter is that Zimmerman did in fact leave his truck and follow Trayvon. Unfortunately for Zimmerman and his father we do have the proof of this as the call with the dispatcher has been released to the public. The proof is on the call that Zimmerman followed Trayvon and at that time did NOT claim he was looking for a house number, street sign, house address or any form or variation of the sort. Therefor, it is my opinion based on facts presented by the evidence of that recorded call with the dispatcher that Zimmerman did in fact follow Trayvon on foot despite any of Zimmerman's supporters claiming otherwise.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members