17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

TM is dead. TM didn't have a history of violent behavior. GZ did. Why would I weigh in factors that don't correlate directly to an individual's propensity to commit a violent crime?

GZ didn't have any convictions for violent crimes either.

Bingo! IMO, Trayvon, if he was scared of the stranger behind him, should have run home. Showing up again later makes no sense whatsoever. Big sticking point for me - that and the ear buds falling out of TM's ears disconnecting his phone. :waitasec:

...and his girlfriend not calling him back or 911, knowing her boyfriend was being followed by a strange man and suddenly being disconnected from said boyfriend.

Has to make some sense in order to be believable.
the whole situation with the girlfriend I just don't get. If my bf was being followed and then I can't get a hold of him, you better believe I would calling around asking some ??'s

How is it a false dichotomy when there has been no evidence presented that Zimmerman was ever on his back? In fact from looking at the initial police report and the cop noting grass and water on Zimmerman's back and not noting grass and water on Martins back seems to support Martin was not on his back.
If Martin was back-up in the rain, I would imagine his back was wet, regardless. JMO

What I find interesting is that forensics experts come out and say that they only have a 48% match of Zimmerman's voice to the screams, but they can't confirm it's Trayvon's... So by some standards, this is considered gospel that it is, in fact, Trayvon's voice and there's little margin for error.

However, forensics experts along the same level come out and provide evidence that Zimmerman did actually have some decent injuries to the back of his head, and it's automatically assumed to be contrived and manufactured evidence.

Does no one else see the hypocrisy?

It's shameful imo. GZ's life has been ruined and he may not have even committed a crime.

They will have to use another statute for the arrest though and not the SYG. And must have probable cause. Which is tough when a perpetrator claims presumably reasonable fear. You can not exactly measure that since it is very subjective. .

IMO If they have enough real facts (not just what media has put out)that GZ was acting under the SYG law then I do not see how they can arrest him under another law.SYG seems pretty air tight in that regard.JMO I am not a lawyer so this is JMO.

Even Anderson Cooper is getting things wrong:

He skips the part where George says 'He Looks Black" after the 911 dispatcher asks him if he's white, black or hispanic.

imagine that edited for time.

per Anderson Cooper he reports: His family says he may have been listening to music on his Iphone.

Anderson Cooper: In fact dispatchers told Zimmerman not to get out of his car, police they said were on the way......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju3XIpipHBU&feature=related"]Trayvon Martin's father on the 911 tapes - YouTube[/ame]

Bingo! IMO, Trayvon, if he was scared of the stranger behind him, should have run home. Showing up again later makes no sense whatsoever. Big sticking point for me - that and the ear buds falling out of TM's ears disconnecting his phone. :waitasec:

...and his girlfriend not calling him back or 911, knowing her boyfriend was being followed by a strange man and suddenly being disconnected from said boyfriend.

Has to make some sense in order to be believable.

BBM

Yes, shame on him for not running home! :rolleyes:

Of course, had he run, that probably would have been seen as "suspicious behavior".

IMO

Thank you! I listened to the call again. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I guess the next question is.. how did these two meet up if TM was running away and GZ was no longer following?

LE says TM doubled back and confronted Zimmerman.

The gf said she heard a voice ask 'what are you doing around here' or something to that affect. If that had been answered wouldn't the confrontation been ended at that point? Certainly if GZ had the information right then this wouldn't have escalated.
Just thoughts, I haven't formed any opinions theres too many open ended questions about this case for me.

And would TM have run up to GZ or continue to run away from him? Did TM find a hiding spot that GZ came upon? Why did GZ ask that LE call him for his location? Why not just wait at a predetermined spot?

I'm so on the fence about all of this.

this...all this what you said....if it had been me instead of trayvon, no one would be here talking about this because I'm a small white female, GZ would be in the pokey where he belongs.

all these facts.... tell them to yourself changing "trayvon martin" to "white female" and you can start to see how absolutely LUDICROUS it is to be doodling about with this stupid self defense idea. JMO IMO MOO :moo:

You probably wouldn't have attacked him though.

GZ didn't have any convictions for violent crimes either.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

He was convicted of assault on LE, but the record was allegedly expunged once he completed a diversion program. That's not the same thing as having charges dropped, nor is it the same thing as being declared not guilty.

It's shameful imo. GZ's life has been ruined and he may not have even committed a crime.

If GZ would have kept < mod snip> in his truck instead of following up on his delusion, he wouldn't be in this position. He has only himself to blame.

The gf said she heard a voice ask 'what are you doing around here' or something to that affect. If that had been answered wouldn't the confrontation been ended at that point? Certainly if GZ had the information right then this wouldn't have escalated.
Just thoughts, I haven't formed any opinions theres too many open ended questions about this case for me.

I just tend to think TM was mad as heck that GZ dared to question him...and that's why he escalated the situation into violence, unaware that GZ had a gun.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

He was convicted of assault on LE, but the record was allegedly expunged once he completed a diversion program. That's not the same thing as having charges dropped, nor is it the same thing as being declared not guilty.

He was not convicted. Florida does not expunge convictions.

BBM

Yes, shame on him for not running home! :rolleyes:

Of course, had he run, that probably would have been seen as "suspicious behavior".

IMO

It's less suspicious than hitting someone.

And would TM have run up to GZ or continue to run away from him? Did TM find a hiding spot that GZ came upon? Why did GZ ask that LE call him for his location? Why not just wait at a predetermined spot?

I'm so on the fence about all of this.

Then came the second encounter, according to Tracy Martin’s recollection of the detective’s account. Trayvon Martin appeared from behind a building in Zimmerman’s gated community,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...h/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html?tid=pm_pop

Remember, TM is only telling about the first encounter, not the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko