17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting that we really don't know what Martin was up to that night. The stories the family have put out there have continually changed over time. Just another piece of the puzzle that we don't have.

What changed???? I've only heard one version. He went out to the store. TM discussed maybe going to the movies later with his cousin. I'm sure he never expected to die because he walked to the store to get a bag of candy or he would have never gone out. jmo

BBM
How many of his calls lead to a actual arrest? I find it odd that every time a so called break-ins took place he was there stopping it. I wonder if he witness any of those crimes taking place. Having the neighborhood call him when something's wrong made him feel important in his eyes.

The file of burglaries on Retreat View Circle in the last year do not have one of those incidents reported by GZ: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/BurglaryReports.pdf

But from the calls attributed to GZ, we know he was hesitant about giving his full name and address. Some of the reports on the burglaries at the link above just say the officer responded to a report of burglary, so the caller may not be linked to that report. I'd need to cross check with GZ's calls, but right now there is a severe thunderstorm going over here and I may lose my power any second.

Also watching the tornadoes in Texas. OMG!

ETA - TWO of the burglaries had suspects caught - both BM. One, which was a break in with a woman who had locked herself in her bedroom, was done by 2 BMs, not caught.

Furthermore this is the same station that claimed he had no visible injuries. Why are they going to fake injuries?

I don't know but we are now up to three different entities trying to get GZ off, Sanford LE, DA's office (prosecutor) and a national news agency.

Say what? Do people really go to Target to buy milk? I've gone to Target many times, for many various reason, however never for the purpose of buying milk..JMHO

You can get milk at most Targets, Walmarts, Walgreens, CVS, etc.

I don't know but we are now up to three different entities trying to get GZ off, Sanford LE, DA's office (prosecutor) and a national news agency.

The same news agency that tried to get him the previous day by claiming he had no visible injuries?
:floorlaugh:

The same news agency that tried to get him the previous day by claiming he had no visible injuries?
:floorlaugh:

I'm sure the Virginia magistrate has some pull at ABC, too. Probably through a vietnam vet group.

Accusing a news agency of faking something is a pretty serious allegation. People get fired over that.

The news agency can't fire me, I don't work there.. I also suspect someone did something to that video... They can't sue me either because I'm entitled to my opinion concerning the subject..JMHO

OT Tornado activity in Dallas/Ft Worth and moving now onto Plano (my niece and her hubby live there - called her and told her to dress sensibly, not pretty!)

Accusing a news agency of faking something is a pretty serious allegation. People get fired over that.

I believe they said the photo was enhanced. Adding more pixels to the photo it appears clearer. If the EMT did not clean him up well, it could be dried blood because the enhancement would pick that up. We really need the report from the EMT but if that were an injury I wonder why GZ was not taken to the hospital when he claims he asked to be brought there at the police station? jmo

Witnesses complained early on that their statements were being altered!

What did these two women claimed was altered? They didn't witness the actual fight or shooting. They got out after the shooting. On 911 call I am pretty sure came from from Mary C, she doesn't know the race of the victim and appear to not know the race of the shooter either-says it's the black guy who is standing up.

I'm sure the Virginia magistrate has some pull at ABC, too. Probably through a vietnam vet group.

I know we're joking around, but at what point does the black helicoptering stop? Not everything is a conspiracy.

After a flurry of phone calls back and forth, an officer told him a police unit was on the way. "So I went outside waiting for Trayvon to show up," Martin said.

Instead of one squad car with his son in the backseat, three vehicles pulled up: a police cruiser, an unmarked sedan and another official-looking car. Martin would discover the third car belonged to a chaplain.

It was not yet 8 in the morning, barely 12 hours since the shooting that took place about 100 yards away, and Martin was still unaware of the fate of his son.

When Tracy Martin greeted the police that morning, a plainclothes detective asked him to describe his son. "He asked me what he last had on. He asked me if I had any recent pictures," Martin said.

"I showed him a recent picture in the camera and he shook his head and said, 'OK, let me go to my car and get something.'" The detective returned with a folder.

It was drizzling, and he asked Martin if they could go inside. When they were seated he pulled out a photo. It was Trayvon, dead at the scene - his eyes rolled back, a tear on his cheek, saliva coming from his mouth. "From that point, our nightmare," Martin said.

Wonderful last look at their child, isn't it? NOT!

On Wednesday, the day after receiving the news, Martin went to the Sanford Police Department looking for answers - and his son's body. Police took him to a room and played some of the 911 recordings of neighbors who called to report a disturbance followed by a gunshot.

They did not play an earlier call to a police non-emergency line, during which Zimmerman reported a "suspicious guy" and ignored the operator's suggestion to quit following him. Investigator Chris Serino then took Martin to another room and told him Zimmerman's version of events.

Sanford police have stopped talking to reporters about the case, and Serino has never spoken publicly about his role in it, but here is how Martin recalls what Serino said: "He told me Zimmerman's story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?' Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I'm not following you.' He rolls his car windows up.

"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says ‘I don't have a problem.'

"Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman's mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'"
The Martin family has been telling their story as part of a campaign to have Zimmerman arrested. He himself has kept quiet.

Sanford police have declined numerous requests for comment on any aspect of the story, even before a special prosecutor overseeing the case invoked a state law that restricts otherwise public information in the course of an active criminal investigation.

Sanford police released Zimmerman without charge, but Martin says Serino told him he would challenge Zimmerman's account. "The detective's words were, 'I want to interview him again to catch him in a lie,'" Martin said.

A law-enforcement source, who had been informed of the case by investigators, told Reuters that Serino was eager to bring a charge but encountered resistance from the office of the prosecutor, State Attorney Norman Wolfinger.

"Chris (Serino) would have made a recommendation for manslaughter, but Norm Wolfinger's office wanted it to be a slam dunk," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "They don't want to hear that this is wrong or that is wrong with the case. That's the way this county does business." Wolfinger on Monday broke a long silence about the case, denying reports he quashed police intentions to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

how many versions now?

I feel GZ's tale is falling apart at the seams...

I can't wait for April 10, 2012...maybe The Grand Jury will see it differently as well as Angela Cory...she's been silent...

What did these two women claimed was altered? They didn't witness the actual fight or shooting. They got out after the shooting. On 911 call I am pretty sure came from from Mary C, she doesn't know the race of the victim and appear to not know the race of the shooter either-says it's the black guy who is standing up.
Yep. They got all in a tizzy when it was said that their testimony supports Zimmerman's version of events. They decided to swear up and down it did not, but my question is - how do they know it doesn't? What they saw was such a minute part of the events that night, it makes me feel like they heard their testimony supported the guy they thought should be arrested, so they knew something had to be done about it.

JMO

The news agency can't fire me, I don't work there.. I also suspect someone did something to that video... They can't sue me either because I'm entitled to my opinion concerning the subject..JMHO

I don't mean you, I mean someone at NBC. Do you know what kind of levels of audit something like this goes through at a news agency before it goes on the air? Reputations of not only the one who did it, but the news director and on down the line.

Can anyone actually prove it was photoshopped?

Would they even perform a breathalyzer here? He wasn't driving a car. I don't know what the procedure to make someone take a breathalyzer is. Is there a law to be drunk and carry a gun?

If an officer suspects someone who has used a firearm might be drunk, he can have them tested:

790.153 Tests for impairment or intoxication; right to refuse.—
(1)(a) Any person who uses a firearm within this state shall submit to an approved chemical or physical breath test to determine the alcoholic content of the blood and to a urine test to detect the presence of controlled substances, if there is probable cause to believe that the person was using a firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances or that the person is lawfully arrested for any offense allegedly committed while he or she was using a firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances. The breath test shall be incidental to a lawful arrest and administered at the request of a law enforcement officer who has probable cause to believe such person was using the firearm within this state while under the influence of alcoholic beverages. The urine test shall be incidental to a lawful arrest and administered at a detention facility, mobile or otherwise, which is equipped to administer such tests at the request of a law enforcement officer who has probable cause to believe such person was using a firearm within this state while under the influence of controlled substances. The urine test shall be administered at a detention facility or any other facility, mobile or otherwise, which is equipped to administer such tests in a reasonable manner that will ensure the accuracy of the specimen and maintain the privacy of the individual involved. The administration of either test shall not preclude the administration of the other test. The refusal to submit to a chemical or physical breath or urine test upon the request of a law enforcement officer as provided in this section shall be admissible into evidence in any criminal proceeding. This section shall not hinder the taking of a mandatory blood test as outlined in s. 790.155.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.153.html

I believe they said the photo was enhanced. Adding more pixels to the photo it appears clearer. If the EMT did not clean him up well, it could be dried blood because the enhancement would pick that up. We really need the report from the EMT but if that were an injury I wonder why GZ was not taken to the hospital when he claims he asked to be brought there at the police station? jmo

I don't know. But saying someone deliberately put those marks on his head is ridiculous. I don't recall a single post saying the original video was doctored in some way not to show any injury whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member