17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Around my house "I don't need you to do that" means "it would be nice if you did." IMO, in using the phrase "we don't need you to do that" the dispatcher implied "that's not necessary" which IMO is not a direct order to stand down. I think the phrasing will play into GZ's favor in court.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

IMO this won't be an issue in court, because GZ is saying that he stopped following when asked. That leads me to believe that he knew exactly what the dispatcher was trying to imply.

If he continued to follow, then the problem is that he lied about it to begin with.

JMO IMO MOO

When the Cox boys were killed, we had a thread where we could post messages for the family and for the person supervising the visit of the boys with their dad.

Could we have one here that we can post messages to the family of Trayvon Martin?

IMO this won't be an issue in court, because GZ is saying that he stopped following when asked. That leads me to believe that he knew exactly what the dispatcher was trying to imply.

If he continued to follow, then the problem is that he lied about it to begin with.

JMO IMO MOO

Yes. ITA that it will be a non-issue because GZ says he did stop following TM and was heading back to his car.

I agree. As a small woman, if a strange man were following me I would be terrified. Perhaps unnecessarily, but terrified nonetheless.

Carry a Kubaton. Granted it's not faster than a bullet, but properly used you can completely disable an attacker.

But fighting racism with racism is just not the answer. The Martin's are doing what they have to do. The FBI has been called in and will investigate. Personally I hope the FBI takes him in, at least he'll be safe. jmo
I think the Martins are doing the right thing - and they are being very careful, asking for justice for their son. But for others to bring in that racism is a factor is not wrong IMO. It needs to be confronted in this country yet again. I think it has come out now more because of who is president, but for whatever reason I am seeing more signs of racism than I have in decades.

Anyone that wants to harm GZ outside of the justice system is WRONG. That is not what this country is about. Any group advocating that is hurting their cause. But that still does not make racism any less a part of this case.

IMO, of course.

But TM said he wasn't running. His GF actually told him to run and he said he wasn't going too. Did he start running, stop and then say I'm not going to run anymore?

Who do you believe, GZ or TM?

It isn't either or.

Trayvon was running away at first, as GZ says, Trayon thought at one point thought he had lost GZ, so Trayvon stops running. Trayvon on the phone with his GF when he sees GZ is behind him again, GF says run, Trayvon says no I'll walk fast.

The gf's statement really corroborates what GZ says and Gz's action in continuing to follow Travon. Trayvon ran away, GZ said he was down by the other entrance, probably when Trayvon thought he had lost him. Trayvon wouldn't have even known that GZ got out of his car. Trayvon not running any more, GZ appears again.

JMHO

OT: New Orleans did it right. Harsh sentences for ex-officers in post-Katrina shootings. 5 former officers convicted of violating the civil rights of those killed. So happy to see this justice in the city of my birth.

Didn't GZ tell 911 dispatch that Trayvon was running...and he was concerned that he would get away before LE arrived? :waitasec:
RIGHT... does this mean that GZ did anything?
It may mean he wanted to know where TM is, so LE would get him.

It wasn't malicious or repeated. Hornsby has weighed in on this and says it was not a provocative act. I take his interpretation as accurate since he is an expert imo.
Expert? He's biased, he's a defense attorney!

BBM

According to a lawyer (Hornsby), that is not the law though or at least that how I understood as he explained it.

And there are other lawyers and legal experts who disagree with Hornsby, even the ones who know most about it, the ones who supported the bill.

JMHO.

Carry a Kubaton. Granted it's not faster than a bullet, but properly used you can completely disable an attacker.

Kubatons may be very gray-area or illegal in some jurisdictions. JMO

Yes. ITA that it will be a non-issue because GZ says he did stop following TM and was heading back to his car.

GZ's call to police prove that this is an inconsistency by GZ -- he could not have been walking back to his car.

I disagree. Around my house "I don't need you to do that" means "it would be nice if you did." IMO, in using the phrase "we don't need you to do that" the dispatcher implied "that's not necessary" which IMO is not a direct order to stand down. I think the phrasing will play into GZ's favor in court.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Not only around your house
ALSO housed by the LAW it was totally legal for GZ to do what he did, follow, call 911, get out of his car...all legal.
So yes “we do not need you to do that” means we cannot tell you what to do,
but it would be nice if you don’t - IMHO they were protecting GZ incase…

Evidence that he is a "cold blooded monster"? I don't think so. :giggle:

It does however, demonstrate that GZ is willing to go beyond just reporting crimes or disturbances in the neighborhood, IMO.

So if some neighborhood kids are making fun of a chubby kid, THAT is a crime that he should have reported?

Personally, I have no problem with him shooing them away with a stream of water from a hose. Good for him, imo.

Clarify the timeline, when this was said, how does it match up to when GZ said he was 'running'?

The dispatcher talking to GZ entered "subj now running towards back entrance of complex" at 19:11:59, according to the call log from the Sanford PD.

The girlfriend's last phone call connected at 7:12 according to the screenshots of Trayvon's call log at ABC News.

GZ's call to police prove that this is an inconsistency by GZ -- he could not have been walking back to his car.

Then carry an unsharpened big fat pencil (the kind elementary children used to use), certainly that is not illegal, but it would work just the same.

It isn't either or.

Trayvon was running away at first, as GZ says, Trayon thought at one point he had lost GZ, Trayvon stops running. Trayvon on the phone with his GF when he sees GZ is behind him again, GF says run, Trayvon says no I'll walk fast.

JMHO

Why would he be scared enough to run the first time but not the second time?

Did TM mention to the GF that he had been running from this strange man? Was he out of breath on the phone?

Then carry an unsharpened big fat pencil (the kind elementary children used to use), certainly that is not illegal, but it would work just the same.

I assume you are responding to me, and you're correct. I hear those mini-mag flashlights work just as well, too. ;)

The dispatcher talking to GZ entered "subj now running towards back entrance of complex" at 19:11:59, according to the call log from the Sanford PD.

The girlfriend's last phone call connected at 7:12 according to the screenshots of Trayvon's call log at ABC News.

Right, so it's almost at the same exact time. GZ says he went running when at the same time TM is telling the GF I'm not going to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety