17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO: News Media
Public Information Officer
DATE: February 29, 2012
SUBJECT: Retreat at Twin Lakes Townhomes Shooting Up-Date
Sanford Police Investigators continue the death investigation of Trayvon Martin at
The Retreat at Twin Lakes Townhomes. Police have determined that George
Zimmerman was serving in the role of neighborhood watch member, when he and
Trayvon Martin had an encounter which resulted in the shooting death of Mr. Martin.

The facts, circumstances and evidence of that encounter are still being investigated.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/TwinLakesTownhomesShootingUpDate.pdf

Anger seems to me to be just a natural part of the range of emotions experienced by the families of homicide victims.

The possibility of targeting and suing the HOA

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522

Making the <modsnip> statements about him being "hunted like an animal"...it just smacks of anger, desire for punishment rather than justice, when no one knows the whole story.

"George Zimmerman Hunted My Son Like An Animal" Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton - YouTube

I see 2 grieving parents who are JUSTIFIED in their anger ! the only nonsensical statements I heard came out of Joe Oliver's mouth. :moo:

Imo, no, they have absolutely no corrective properties that I'm aware of.

How does this work? Does it go over teeth, or are there just no teeth there, maybe a flipper like thing, like the little girls use in those beauty pageants? I just can't imagine eating a good'ol cheese burger with all that in my mouth LOL eeeww :)

Did I miss something? I didn't see that anybody was going after the HOA yet, the articles I read were just speculating what would happen if someone did sue them.

No, I think nothing has happened yet, but I guess it is possible. It just makes no sense to me if it were to happen.

BEM: I am only relaying what Crump said. It seems about everything I write is taken as an aspersion on this family - I assure you, I am not casting aspersions. The trial I referred to that they would not want would be the civil trial.

Also, IMO, to obtain a criminal conviction would involve dragging their son, and everything they tried to keep out of the press, through the ringer -- who would want that at this point? If Zimmerman is arrested, wouldn't he be able to take a plea deal? Again, I am not an attorney by any means, just curious as to how the family would feel justice was done without a long, drawn out trial process? I think, if charges are filed, his taking a deal would suffice.

All JMO

The key word here being 'tried'. That shipped has sailed and, as hard as some have tried, nothing has been found that makes Trayvon look like anthing other than an average, typical yet imperfect teenager, IMO. They have nothing to more to lose. They've already lost the most precious gift in the world - their beautiful son. MOO

TO: News Media
Public Information Officer
DATE: February 29, 2012
SUBJECT: Retreat at Twin Lakes Townhomes Shooting Up-Date
Sanford Police Investigators continue the death investigation of Trayvon Martin at
The Retreat at Twin Lakes Townhomes. Police have determined that George
Zimmerman was serving in the role of neighborhood watch member, when he and
Trayvon Martin had an encounter which resulted in the shooting death of Mr. Martin.

The facts, circumstances and evidence of that encounter are still being investigated.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/TwinLakesTownhomesShootingUpDate.pdf

WOW! No getting around this one...
Police have determined that George
Zimmerman was serving in the role of neighborhood watch member, when he and Trayvon Martin had an encounter which resulted in the shooting death of Mr. Martin.

But, iirc, Dooley was arrested within two days of the shooting.

JMHO

Yes. He was. But he's out on bail, and IMO he will most likely get off entirely. (Just as I think GZ will be acquitted or the charges dismissed.) Even though he shot someone dead, through the heart, on a playground, in front of his victim's child. IMO, an arrest doesn't make the victims any less dead. The law must be changed so that everyone can safely walk to the store or take their child to a playground.

Just think, if people had risen up in outrage when Dooley's victim was killed in 2010, maybe the loopholes would have been addressed and GZ would be sitting in jail right now.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I see 2 grieving parents who are JUSTIFIED in their anger ! the only nonsensical statements I heard came out of Joe Oliver's mouth. :moo:

Add FT to the list. I think he will be on with Nancy Grace tonight. Unless GZ has another friend and neighbor I don't know about. It was on a promo earlier on HLN

Still just looks like fancy braces to me. (this coming from a woman wearing a t-shirt the neighbor gave me (she out grew it ;)) that says "lettuce pray"
Grills are bling. Bling is status in gangsta culture. And bling can imply wealth through illegal means, such as drug dealing. Kinda like bartering, or fancy money laundering. A way to keep illegal gain$ on your person and out of the bank where authorities might sniff it out. Or if a seller receives jewelry in lieu of payment for drugs he's selling, he can melt it down and have it made into new bling, or a grill.

All JMO. Nothing whatsoever implied toward TM, just adding to the discussion re grills/bling in gangsta culture.

I can see both sides of this issue. I would choose the word "understandable" rather than "justified." Maybe just semantics, but it might bring the temperature of the discussion down a bit. jmo.

:truce:

Grills are bling. Bling is status in gangsta culture. And bling can imply wealth through illegal means, such as drug dealing. Kinda like bartering, or fancy money laundering. A way to keep illegal gain$ on your person and out of the bank where authorities might sniff it out. Or if a seller receives jewelry in lieu of payment for drugs he's selling, he can melt it down and have it made into new bling, or a grill.

All JMO. Nothing whatsoever implied toward TM, just adding to the discussion re grills/bling in gangsta culture.

I was just reading about the DEA or similar trying to confiscate grills purchased with drug money!

I can't believe he HOA is now a target. Just unbelievable the lengths people go to for revenge. Has it even been established that he was acting as a neighborhood watch person that night?

Posters are merely discussing hypotheticals at this point, but exactly how far are parents of a murdered child allowed to go to obtain justice (or "revenge", if you prefer)?

Yes. He was. But he's out on bail, and IMO he will most likely get off entirely. (Just as I think GZ will be acquitted or the charges dismissed.) Even though he shot someone dead, through the heart, on a playground, in front of his victim's child. IMO, an arrest doesn't make the victims any less dead. The law must be changed so that everyone can safely walk to the store or take their child to a playground.

Just think, if people had risen up in outrage when Dooley's victim was killed in 2010, maybe the loopholes would have been addressed and GZ would be sitting in jail right now.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

The point is that he was arrested and there is a trial. Why would there be outrage when he was arrested within two days and the trial hasn't yet ended?

Has there been a verdict in that case?

This is why the mods tell us to refrain from these apple/oranges comparisons.
There had been an arrest within two days in that case, no arrest in this one. That's the difference.

JMHO

How does this work? Does it go over teeth, or are there just no teeth there, maybe a flipper like thing, like the little girls use in those beauty pageants? I just can't imagine eating a good'ol cheese burger with all that in my mouth LOL eeeww :)

It's my understanding that there are all different types. From easily removable, semi-permanent to permanent, like veneers. Trayvon's probably slid in similar to a retainer. But they are all purely for show. They're not used to correct dental issues and may, apparently, cause problems. I can't imagine wanting that in my mouth, either. But I think most of them are of the non-permanent variety.

Remember when you could tell if a guy was gay by which ear was pierced. (dear lord I just dated myself) Fads come and go. Being popular with your peers is and will always be.

Posters are merely discussing hypotheticals at this point, but exactly how far are parents of a murdered child allowed to go to obtain justice (or "revenge", if you prefer)?

?????? What??????
I Don't see how this is remotely relevant. The Martins have been the picture of grace in the face of a nightmare. They have done nothing but set an example of how one patiently waits for justice. That means waiting for an arrest and trial if and when they come. That is all it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko