17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It became weird for me when SB said "they" killed her son and now "they" are trying to kill his reputation. I understand her wanting to blame GZ, but I don't understand who else she feels was involved in his death.

Twisted individuals like the ones that hacked into his social accounts and emails, and the twisted individuals that took his protected school records and released them.

Not sure why they even bothered, we all know he was guilty of something. After all, he was lookin about. IMO

Do you really think any amount of money is worth their sons life? If the justice system is stacked against you, what do you think is fair?

In all sincerity and with no sarcasm intended, per your signature line, why do you think GZ needs justice? How have his rights been violated?

If no amount of money is worth his life (which I don't think any amount is worth a life), why sue and obtain trademarks? Makes no sense to me.

Fact is, GZ deserves/needs justice because everyone deserves justice. We do NOT know if TM was killed in self defense. I think his rights have been violated because of his treatment by certain activist groups, and the incorrect info put out about him in the media, threats, pranks, the media speculation, etc. This was initially portrayed as an open and shut case of a deranged killer who wanted to murder a black person for no reason...yet we now know it's not quite that simple.

Ultimately, I think GZ's rights will be violated because he will be prosecuted based on public pressure, not actual evidence. I'm not one who buys into the extensive, high-reaching conspiracy theory, or that the SPD decided not to charge GZ because his dad is a judge, or because the community has a history of racism. There has been no evidence of any of those things being the case. I'm sure the officers of SPD and their families love hearing these accusations and implications on a daily basis.

I don't for one second think he would have shot TM if he didn't think his life was in danger. jmo

Folks, please bear with us while we try to set up another forum where the protests, political issues, civil rights leaders and racial aspects of this case may be discussed. We want to keep this thread strictly about the case and the known facts surrounding the case thus far.

As soon as we're set up, we'll link you up.

Thanks for your patience.

I'm guessing the 'they' she's referring to is all those looking to find every little piece of real or imagined dirt on her son in order suggest he had it coming somehow. JMO
IMO this is not exactly fair. TM's known behavioral history and public persona have been examined relative to speculation about whether or not he was someone GZ could have had legitimate cause to consider a suspicious person in the neighborhood that night. Not whether he deserved to be shot dead. ICBW, but I've not seen anyone say that. JMO

I think the HOA would argue that GZ's statements also were inaccurate. And if GZ is arrested or convicted, there's a very good chance that it will be because his statements to the SPD regarding what happened that night are not credible, as already mentioned by one of the investigating officers iirc. Either way, imo, the statement would have to have come from the HOA itself to be truly damning. There is no selective credibility at trial. jmo
Well they told everyone if you have any problems just call George and they did not put a time limit on those calls so it appears he wore the hat 24/7 according to them.

This is the quote I wrote about earlier today:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/09/us/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=us_c2

"We were anticipating that there would be no grand jury, because the family has always been hopeful that there would just simply be an arrest," said Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the Martin family. "We believed, from day one, that they had enough evidence to arrest the killer of Trayvon Martin and now, as the evidence has continued to unfold, we think there has been a plethora of evidence to simply effect probable cause to do an arrest -- not for a conviction, but for an arrest."

BEM: :waitasec:

I don't know why you attached the above to my question to the poster who raised the issue.

Was it not obvious that I agree with you?

you have my humble apologies.

IMO this is not exactly fair. TM's known behavioral history and public persona have been examined relative to speculation about whether or not he was someone GZ could have had legitimate cause to consider a suspicious person in the neighborhood that night. Not whether he deserved to be shot dead. ICBW, but I've not seen anyone say that. JMO

What would GZ have known about TM's public persona or behavioral history to make him legitimately suspicious? Apparently it was the very first time he'd seen TM.

By all appearances GZ considered himself to be quite justified and legitimately suspicious because TM was a black male walking outside but I beg to differ.

Folks, please bear with us while we try to set up another forum where the protests, political issues, civil rights leaders and racial aspects of this case may be discussed. We want to keep this thread strictly about the case and the known facts surrounding the case thus far.

As soon as we're set up, we'll link you up.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you so much, SoSueMe. I am very appreciative because all of the above mentioned in your post just seems to get everyone off track here on Trayvons thread!

MOO

This is the quote I wrote about earlier today:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/09/us/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=us_c2

"We were anticipating that there would be no grand jury, because the family has always been hopeful that there would just simply be an arrest," said Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the Martin family. "We believed, from day one, that they had enough evidence to arrest the killer of Trayvon Martin and now, as the evidence has continued to unfold, we think there has been a plethora of evidence to simply effect probable cause to do an arrest -- not for a conviction, but for an arrest."

BEM: :waitasec:

I can't say what he meant, obviously, but the parents have pretty consistently said that they are pushing for an arrest, not a conviction. They believe that Zimmerman should be tried by a jury of his peers, as I understand it...JMO MOO IMO

If no amount of money is worth his life (which I don't think any amount is worth a life), why sue and obtain trademarks? Makes no sense to me.

Fact is, GZ deserves/needs justice because everyone deserves justice. We do NOT know if TM was killed in self defense. I think his rights have been violated because of his treatment by certain activist groups, and the incorrect info put out about him in the media, threats, pranks, the media speculation, etc. This was initially portrayed as an open and shut case of a deranged killer who wanted to murder a black person for no reason...yet we now know it's not quite that simple.

Ultimately, I think GZ's rights will be violated because he will be prosecuted based on public pressure, not actual evidence. I'm not one who buys into the extensive, high-reaching conspiracy theory, or that the SPD decided not to charge GZ because his dad is a judge, or because the community has a history of racism. There has been no evidence of any of those things being the case. I'm sure the officers of SPD and their families love hearing these accusations and implications on a daily basis.

I don't for one second think he would have shot TM if he didn't think his life was in danger. jmo

SA can't arrest GZ unless they have probable cause. Public opinion is just that. This is why they are doing a complete, objective investigation to find out exactly what happened. Some of the evidence is gone because the investigation stopped when SYG was applied by SA. That should never be the case, a death should always be investigated so this never happens again. jmo

Would these grillz cause a worse injury than bare teeth should someone be bitten?

In one of the 911 calls, the one where the brother said he saw GZ yelling for help, he also said something about "stop". Does anyone know who was saying "stop"? Was it the little boy?

SA can't arrest GZ unless they have probable cause. Public opinion is just that. This is why they are doing a complete, objective investigation to find out exactly what happened. Some of the evidence is gone because the investigation stopped when SYG was applied by SA. That should never be the case, a death should always be investigated so this never happens again. jmo

Respectfully, besides media opinion, what is there to back this statement up? Keep in mind the new SA is investigating the SPD's investigation - IMO, that means the SPD did an investigation. If anything, what the family calls a "key" piece of evidence, the gf's phone statement, was not even known to SPD at for three weeks, and even then, the information was not made available to them. How can they be faulted for that? What else did they miss?

I can't say what he meant, obviously, but the parents have pretty consistently said that they are pushing for an arrest, not a conviction. They believe that Zimmerman should be tried by a jury of his peers, as I understand it...JMO MOO IMO

It appears they mean it is up to a jury to decide not them because LE has not be truthful to them from the start. They don't know what happened any more than we do. They only know their son and what he would have been capable of but they want GZ arrested and let the jury see the evidence. They always manage to say the right thing. I think TM would be proud of his parents right now. jmo

I don't understand - did they think anyone was under the impression a conviction was possible without an arrest and charges??

Wow, if this is true, just wow!

According to NBC News correspondent Mara Schiavocampo, George Zimmerman has launched a new website:

Mara Schiavocampo@maracamp
Zimmerman's attorneys have confirmed the site is operated & authorized by him RT @thinkprogress:mad:maracamp How do you know this is authentic?
9 Apr 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
On the website — — Zimmerman solicits donations to support his “living expenses and legal defense.” He also features a photo of a vandalized black cultural center at Ohio State University.

Would these grillz cause a worse injury than bare teeth should someone be bitten?

I'm not sure if they would, there is no evidence that states TM was even wearing grills at the time of his death. GZ never stated he had been bitten either , so its really a moot point. :moo:

it is inappropriate to put a victim on trial and we don't feel GZ is a victim of anything except himself. The attempt to paint a dead boy as a criminal makes me ill since that's why he's DEAD-someone saw him, a black boy in a hoodie and accused, tried and convicted him of being a criminal. To think that can still happen in my country in 2012 makes me beyond sad.

I haven't seen baying for blood. I see people more than capable of understanding that what happened was wrong-that any of our children should be able to walk to the store and back without being followed and shot for no good reason. I also don't care if FL has a crazy law that would permit this, I really don't. I find it barbaric and frightening and no one in my family is visiting any state with a SYG law and we are letting travel officials know it.

More than GZ, I hate a culture that finds nothing wrong with gunning children down in their yard, that makes excuses for the killer and attempts to make Trayvon responsible for his own death. We are letting the NRA and big corporations make laws that protect them and kill our children through ALEC. Now, groups started in part as an outgrowth of this case have already caused Coke, Pepsi and Kraft foods to leave ALEC. I also just saw a Breaking story-Bill Gates Foundation has also quit. In the end, Trayvon's death may cause a larger good and help reclaim our democracy.http://www.republicreport.org/

Would it surprise you to know that among those who are not baying for GZ's blood, there are many who want desperately to see truth and justice in this case?
Who are upset about all the lies and obfuscation they see in this case? Who feel sickened and heartbroken over what happened to Trayvon, regardless of what exactly led to the lethal fight, and regardless of whether or not GZ ends up being charged or vindicated legally?

IMO there are many people here and everywhere who believe it is premature to choose sides, jump into a race riot, or call for revenge until we learn exactly what happened that night. That does not make us "GZ supporters," nor does that make us insensitive to the tragedy of Trayvon's death. Peace all.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member