17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's here and I missed a word. It was "He's right behind me again." http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-20/trayvon-martin-teen-shot-florida/53669448/1

The call lasted four minutes, putting it at 7:16 when the phone goes dead. She reports the beginning of the confrontation. According to the 911 calls from neighbors, a shot is heard at 7:16:41 (I'll go check this again but it was posted here a couple threads ago with links). The police arrived at 7:17. The scuffle had to be awfully short and most of it was taken up with that terrified screaming.

I'm am almost sure that after GZ's defense counsel is presented with a very tight timeline of what REALLY occured based on phone records from TM's g/f and 911 calls they will have no choice but to plea down and call it a day. I don't think it's a smart move to take this to trial. How can you claim that someone attacked you whilst the attacker was on a phone call? If he got off the phone at 7:16p and he was dead by 7:17p what transpired between less than a minute that would cause GZ to fear his death? Plus, the sidewalk story is going to get blown to pieces as it's not true.

Yes, and I think that is right.

The immunity from prosecution claim per the SYG law will be ruled upon during the evidentiary hearing. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the burden is on GZ to prove that he had reason to believe that his life was in imminent danger to avoid prosecution during that hearing where the judge determines if he is immune from prosecution per SYG.

If she finds that there is not a preponderance of the evidence to convince her, there will be a jury trial. During the trial, he can still claim self-defense. However, he will no longer be afforded immunity protection under SYG. The defense will have to present enough evidence to convince 12 jurors that Trayvon presented a threat to his life.

getting off the merry-go-round now. I know in my head but I suck at explaining this kind of stuff. ;)

At trial, the burden of proof will be on prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this was not self defense.

"Texas' and Florida's requirement that prosecutors must prove a slaying wasn't self-defense — instead of the defendant having the burden of proof when making such a claim — does have critics."

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...n-Texas-have-limits-3428715.php#ixzz1rzGEWzBT

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...defense-laws-in-Texas-have-limits-3428715.php

No he would not be able to use SYG if it goes to trial, if a judge finds against his claim of SYG then he can try to use self defense at trial but a judge before hand makes the determination if SYG can be used.

No, that's not correct. If he goes before the judge and presents preponderance of the evidence that this was self-defense the judge can find him immune. If the judge does not find him immune he can again use SYG and self-defense at trial. Where the burden of proof will be on prosecution to show beyond a reasonable doubt this was not self-defense.

i'm am almost sure that after gz's defense counsel is presented with a very tight timeline of what really occured based on phone records from tm's g/f and 911 calls they will have no choice but to plea down and call it a day. I don't think it's a smart move to take this to trial. How can you claim that someone attacked you whilst the attacker was on a phone call? If he got off the phone at 7:16p and he was dead by 7:17p what transpired between less than a minute that would cause gz to fear his death? Plus, the sidewalk story is going to get blown to pieces as it's not true.

ita

That is true.
I am not suggesting she did not love her boy friend.
I am suggesting that maybe she was not that worried.
that means that maybe that report was influenced.
Songline to make it clear she said what she heard on the call as soon as she was released from the hospital.So it was NOT 3 weeks later.And why didnt she do something that night because she didnt realize she was the last one to talk to him..Look it up it is out there in MSM..........IMHO JMHO and all that

That 15 ye old girl is a victim too...if some think it is OK to "bash" her for not calling LE after that phone call and she was not even in the area.....that's not right....Then I would expect the same reaction towards the witness who actually saw the struggle and was running to his apt to call 911 when he heard the gunshot. He was right there and did nothing to break up that struggle.....Was he wrong too?

I don't think anyone is actually bashing her. I think people are asking questions about what happened because it goes to the critical timeline and to the nature of the phone call. I think bashing is an unfair description. If someone is going to come forward and give testimony that could decide the case, one way or the other, then it is fair to question the circumstances, imo.

Songline to make it clear she said what she heard on the call as soon as she was released from the hospital.So it was NOT 3 weeks later.And why didnt she do something that night because she didnt realize she was the last one to talk to him..Look it up it is out there in MSM..........IMHO JMHO and all that

Link? The link I found said weeks later not when she was released from the hospital.

Still looking for the first reports. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

I don't believe it will be just the GF's testimony that is important here.

If my calculations are correct there would seem to be 2 witnesses whom have not spoken to the press that I believe have been asked not to and probably for good reason.

I will be very curious to hear what these 2 witnesses I believe have not been heard from have to say.

Since it is my calculation I will state JMO MOO

There is zero information about her.
We know non other then she reported an incident over 3 weeks later.
The first person she heard from is Mr. Martin.
A LOT COULD HAVE HAPPENED that we do not know. My imagination is active.

IIRC we don't know when she reported the incident, we only HEARD about it three weeks later.

I know my fellow WSers will promptly provide links to prove me wrong if I don't recall correctly.

I don't think the girlfriend has ever spoken to the media. If I recall correctly, after Trayvon's father looked at the cell records and realized she had been his last call, he contacted her. Crump, the family attorney, prepared and released the girlfriends statement to the media on March 20. After that, all heck broke loose.

I believe it was also stated that her mom had directly contact LE at the very beginning.

I am too tired to link so..

JMO

I don't think anyone is actually bashing her. I think people are asking questions about what happened because it goes to the critical timeline and to the nature of the phone call. I think bashing is an unfair description. If someone is going to come forward and give testimony that could decide the case, one way or the other, then it is fair to question the circumstances, imo.

IMO people are focusing on what this girl did after this phone call when IMO that has nothing to do with what she heard. The phone call itself is what's most important not what she did after the call. FWIW I don't think this case will rest upon her testimony alone. AJMO

I just don't understand why people find it strange that the gf didn't call LE.
When I was a teen there's no way I would have called LE...or my parents...or any adults...it's not exactly like I felt they're on my side.
IMO she called friends after the conversation with Trayvon,the natural thing for a teen to do would be to reach out to her peers IMO

IMO people are focusing on what this girl did after this phone call when IMO that has nothing to do with what she heard. The phone call itself is what's most important not what she did after the call. FWIW I don't think this case will rest upon her testimony alone. AJMO

I don't think it will rest on her testimony alone, but it will be crucial. GZ is probably locked into his version of what was said between he and TM. And her testimony is going to dispute that version of events. Her testimony, if believed by the jury, can put him in prison for life.

I posted a link on page 29. I must be on everyone's ignore list. :(. Insert dragging blankie going to bed pouty here.

I just don't understand why people find it strange that the gf didn't call LE.
When I was a teen there's no way I would have called LE...or my parents...or any adults...it's not exactly like I felt they're on my side.
IMO she called friends after the conversation with Trayvon,the natural thing for a teen to do would be to reach out to her peers IMO

I don't think it is strange if she didn't call LE. But it would be strange, imo, if she did nothing or told nobody. JMO

I don't know if anyone has released this yet but here is the affidavit and Zimmermans attorney saying his client wants to apologize?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...y-lawyer-tells/story?id=16123136#.T4iUb9WwXM0

This makes me so mad.Where was his apology when he created his self supporting website? Or before that? Where were his tears then?
Now you're crying George?
Well,Mrs.Fulton and Mr.Martin have been weeping for many,many long sleepless nights,don't you think?
I don't believe for a minute he's remorseful all of a sudden.
IMO the only remorse he has is sitting in a little cell and his glorious script did not end with him being the celebrated hero but a common criminal and murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny