17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Bianca! This is exactly what I've felt ever since I watched what I felt was an ambush of the investigator during what should have been a simple ordinary bond hearing. What I don't understand and find troublesome is why the Judge didn't put a halt to it?

How do you "ambush" a long-term LE professional with his own sworn affidavit in a high-profile murder case? The Judge allowed it because it was not impermissible, obviously. What's troubling about it?

You know what hurts really bad when you step on it?? That mulch stuff! I don't know if it can stick into the skin of your head? Just thinking out loud.

MOO
The bark mulch in my yard is wood chips and wood will go into the skin...JMHO

It's a good experiment IMO. We can disagree on this, tomayto/tomahto style. I have listened many times as well, and contend the sounds are also very similar if not identical to the sound of the dispatcher typing in the call data as it unfolded/was provided. JMO

Question: If it were the sound of the gun being handled, what would that prove? That GZ was about to leave his truck, so he got the gun from his glove box and prepped it for self-protection before slipping it in his waistband, yes? And....? JMO

One thing it would show IMO: That he was bold and/or stupid enough to allow the dispatcher to hear that -- the same dispatcher who was sharp enough to recognize the sound cues indicating GZ was "following" the SP, YKWIM? JMO

As far as GZ being stupid enough to handle his gun and worry about the dispatcher hearing it, he was stupid enough to say what he did on that tape "these a$$holes always get away" etc.. I don't think he even thought or cared about it at the time, because his mind was on "not letting this one get away" IMO
And GZ checking his weapon goes to his mindset, he was getting ready for the hunt IMO

Anyone know what type bushes or small trees were in the immediate area where Trayvon was shot?

We're not supposed to link to blogs, but look for Marinade Dave's blog (previously posted here in earlier threads) - he's got some good pictures of the area.

There are small tree, maybe oaks, along the sidewalk. At the corner where the two sidewalks meet there is a dog poop container with a bag dispenser. No bushes near the sidewalk, though there are some near the townhouses.

The only reference I have for this is the above mentioned blog.

If someone lies, it's not out of line to call him or her a liar. GZ's dad has lied, his brother has lied, and the woman who was abused by George would say his wife lied. The mother probably lied as well, but I would have to go back and read what she said before calling her an absolute liar.

JMO

It may be your opinion that what they say is not what actually happened. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're lying or are liars. "Lying" implies that they're willfully deceiving others, knowing what they're saying is untruthful. If, for instance, all they have is George's side of things (that later turn out to be factually incorrect) and that's what they're regurgitating because they believe him, that wouldn't really characterize them as liars. Misinformed, yes.

Yoohoo if you guys are talking about each other-particularly in an unflattering light-it is a no-go.
If you just had a post removed either you were discussing and/or slighting membership or you responded to a post that was violating or you were doing both!
Thank you.

How do you "ambush" a long-term LE professional with his own sworn affidavit in a high-profile murder case? The Judge allowed it because it was not impermissible, obviously. What's troubling about it?

I'm no GZ fan, but to call this an abush is ludicrous. The man is charged with murder and has every right to use every tool to defend himself within the confines of the law.

It may be your opinion that what they say is not what actually happened. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're lying or are liars. "Lying" implies that they're willfully deceiving others, knowing what they're saying is untruthful. If, for instance, all they have is George's side of things (that later turn out to be factually incorrect) and that's what they're regurgitating because they believe him, that wouldn't really characterize them as liars. Misinformed, yes.

But then again it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not lying or are not liars.

But then again it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not lying or are not liars.
They're not liars until they're proven to be lying, as in it's proven they have been knowingly and willfully attempting to deceive. They don't actually believe what they are saying is true.

We're not supposed to link to blogs, but look for Marinade Dave's blog (previously posted here in earlier threads) - he's got some good pictures of the area.

There are small tree, maybe oaks, along the sidewalk. At the corner where the two sidewalks meet there is a dog poop container with a bag dispenser. No bushes near the sidewalk, though there are some near the townhouses.The only reference I have for this is the above mentioned blog.

Thanks csziggy..IIRC there was a picture posted quite a few threads back that showed what some believed to be Trayvon's body on the grass.. IIRC and IF it was Trayvon's body it appeared to be closer to the townhouse rather than the sidewalk and a bush was close by.. Do you recall seeing that picture?

They're not liars until they're proven to be lying, as in it's proven they have been knowingly and willfully attempting to deceive. They don't actually believe what they are saying is true.

They're liars. IMO

I have listened to the bond hearing and testimony of his parents. I can tell they love their son very much, as Trayvon's parents loved him. I do have sympathy for them. It came out through his mother that her son was recognized by the mayor of Sanford for his efforts of organizing the community to help the homeless, and one particular homeless man who was beaten. I think they have reason to be proud of his accomplishments in the past. Be that is it may, I still believe the events of that tragic night were caused by GZ's mistakes. I also believe he has been untruthful in his account to protect himself. Though I feel for his family, I hope he will be held accountable for Trayvon's death.

I found it very hard to believe the family knew nothing about the money coming in from the website.

They're liars. IMO

Can you explain why you incontrovertibly believe this? I can see those calling Zimmerman a liar - he would obviously know what happened that night, and if he's saying things that don't add up, he's doing it willfully. The family, however... Being ignorant doesn't make them liars. Can you explain your rationale?

Probably. Right after punching himself in the lip but before he broke his own nose.

Do you have a medical report that verifies a broken nose? All I've seen is that he had a bandaid on it.

No, that is not what he admitted. (......) mine

O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was. (he does not say the injuries are consistent with Zimmerman's story which is the important part.)

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be. (he could have gone on and said any hard object)

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was. (He is saying it was consistent with hitting a harder object. Not that it is consistent with Zimmerman's story.)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html
You and badme and others are making the same point. I happen to disagree with the interpretation, that's all. Not a problem; I see how you could see it that way, too. I believe O'M got a clear concession from DG that the injuries can't be proven to contradict GZ's story of how he got them.

As for the evidence DG claims they "found" which call the story (of how he got the head injuries, presumably?) into question, it remains to be seen. JMO

It makes sense to me, some people just can't resist messing around with their gun/guns, especially gun enthusiast or gun nuts. I take mine out to be cleaned or to go to the range that's it, but there are people who do handle their gun everyday. GZ would fit in this category in my opinion. IMO

I agree that a "nut" whether he has a gun or not could do almost anything. But a true gun enthusiast would not feel the need to repeatedly remove and insert a magazine into his/her gun while in a situation that GZ was in. Same thing for racking the slide repeatedly. You would be ejecting live rounds onto the ground. JMO.

I think it's a little much to say someone is lying when answering information questions about their spouse considering they know their spouse better than as anyone else. Plus nobody knows anything about this woman, type of person, what she knows or believes, etc.

Can you explain why you incontrovertibly believe this? I can see those calling Zimmerman a liar - he would obviously know what happened that night, and if he's saying things that don't add up, he's doing it willfully. The family, however... Being ignorant doesn't make them liars. Can you explain your rationale?

Wifey said she never saw GZ get angry. You don't think that's a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member