17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Police Officer on duty would have absolutely no reason to take unofficial pictures and in fact it could be considered evidence since he was there in an official capacity. It is misconduct.

No police officer has a right to take private pictures of a crime scene in which he is acting in an official capacity. All pictures would become "evidence" and tampering or releasing evidence is a serious violation.

I'm not sure where the picture came from. But I would surely hope an officer on that scene did not release that picture.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17234629/inappropriate-taking-of-crime-scenes-not-uncommon

I understand and agree with your post, but want to ask, how would it be any better if there were a civilian a neighbor inside the crime scene taped area who was there taking snapshots of GZ and the crime scene up close with his phone. I don't know about Florida but here you are not allowed on any crime scene and in fact the Police keep everyone about 20 feet away from the taped off area and no one gets to be close to anyone in handcuffs...can you imagine if someone were to get hurt by a handcuffed and in custody person stuff would hit the fan quick...

I dunno why that crime scene was so sloppy and so many people were allowed in there. How can you tell rescue to stage until the scene is secure and still have other civilians in the area? This I have questioned since I saw the first photos. What if other people were also armed?

A Police Officer is sworn to uphold the law and to conduct him/herself with professional conduct. He doesn't get to be a renegade and save trophy pictures and distribute them. I really hope for Sanford Police Department's sake that this comment by Oliver is just a coincidence, and that this isn't a police officer's picture floated on the internet and news on the day of the bond hearing. It is possible this was a friend of GZ who did this.

WOW! :moo::moo::moo:
There are SO many points covered in the above posts that are "on the money" and I'd like to add another point of view (with documentation too!). IMHO, the rep.(s) from the OCME should have been yelling from the roof-tops that the death scene was compromised and "who the heck ARE all these people in MY jurisdiction?". Once EMS (be it a PD or FD) has finished with life-saving practices, STAY AWAY FROM the OCME evidence! (BTW: that evidence WILL/CAN become part of a criminal &/or civil process as chain of custody is maintained) UNLESS OCME permission is granted (yes, verbal authorization CAN/MIGHT be given to photograph specific situations and then collect ("bag") if there is a delay in arrival.
Point of fact, some jurisdictions TRAIN officers in medico-legal tasks and demand SOP familiarity & adherence.

From the website http://www.volusia.org/medicalexaminer/lawduties.htm of the responsible OCME in this case: Duties of law enforcement
Traumatic or suspicious deaths: It is the duty of the law enforcement officer assigned to and investigating the death to immediately establish and maintain liaison with the medical examiner during the investigation into the cause of death." and Obvious or suspected cases of homicide must be handled according to each law enforcement agency's departmental procedures. In such cases the deceased and/or any items on or around the deceased should not be touched or moved until a decision has been made by this office as to whether or not a doctor and investigator will respond to the scene.

:moo::moo: It has happened in the past (some 30+ years ago) that sometimes a representative of an OCME will lash out verbally at a member of LE when the rules of the jurisdiction are "overlooked".......that's called "meeting future DH over a dead body"! :what::what::what:

:rocker: I'm looking forward to some hardcore documents to clarify MANY questions regarding this case! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But we are not a Court, and I find it highly informative since I have no reason to believe that GZ was NOT at some point employed as a bouncer. That tells me that he is not unfamiliar with physical confrontations and IMO makes his story that he simply lay there like a wilted lilly while this 17 year old kid beat him into bloody oblivion even more unreasonable, and as I mentioned before I just don't believe that at all, not even a little bit.

I understand. Just saying it won't matter at all in the long run, even if it is true, imo.

Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College in 2009, and in December 2011 he was permitted to participate in a school graduation ceremony, despite being a course credit shy of his associate's degree in criminal justice. Zimmerman was completing that course credit when the shooting occurred.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47178449

Zimmerman, 28, first enrolled at the college in 2003 and was working toward a vocational certificate to become an insurance agent. He re-enrolled in 2009 and was working toward an Associate in Arts degree in a general studies program, according to the college.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...munity-seminole-state-college-insurance-agent

Which program was he in? Criminal justice or general studies?

Why would he even bother to call 911 then? I've never heard of someone who didn't like cops but yet called them at every opportunity as he thought he needed too?

Maybe because he thought they weren't doing their job properly and he wanted to make them be more active in the complex...also maybe since he wanted to be in LE, he was trying to impress them with his 'skills' in identifying suspicious persons or situations he thought they should be aware of, the children in street, etc.?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47178449

Zimmerman, 28, first enrolled at the college in 2003 and was working toward a vocational certificate to become an insurance agent. He re-enrolled in 2009 and was working toward an Associate in Arts degree in a general studies program, according to the college.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...munity-seminole-state-college-insurance-agent

Which program was he in? Criminal justice or general studies?

Whoa, wait a minute. Folks for saying he was throwing a party for his AA degree but yet he was so close he was in the graduation ceremony anyway?

Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College in 2009, and in December 2011 he was permitted to participate in a school graduation ceremony, despite being a course credit shy of his associate's degree in criminal justice. Zimmerman was completing that course credit when the shooting occurred.

What? Why the special treatment?

Please forgive me if I put a little more creedence in the statement by the Harvard Law Professor:

Quote:
But it's worse than that. It's irresponsible and unethical, and not including the material that favors the defendant, unless it's not true. But if it's true, as we now have learned from other information, that the grass stains are in back of Zimmerman 's shirt, that there were bruises on his head, you must put that in an affidavit . The affidavit has to tell the truth , the whole truth, and nothing but the truth .

I have never seen a probable cause affidavit that has "the whole truth" in it. It would basically require them to reveal their whole case and all the evidence in a small number of pages.

Maybe because he thought they weren't doing their job properly and he wanted to make them be more active in the complex...also maybe since he wanted to be in LE, he was trying to impress them with his 'skills' in identifying suspicious persons or situations he thought they should be aware of, the children in street, etc.?

But then that means he had no intent on killing TM. He just wanted to 'apprehend' him.

I wonder how often that situation occurs with other people (being only a credit shy but still in the ceremony)?

But then that means he had no intent on killing TM. He just wanted to 'apprehend' him.

I have never believed that he actually intended to kill anyone when he left the vehicle that night, but that does not mitigate the fact that chasing a kid in the dark and the rain through a largely empty neighborhood with a loaded gun is any kind of intelligent option. He made really bad choices and as has been pointed out choices have consequences, and he should be happy that the consequences for him will at least leave him alive, unlike Trayvon.

I wonder how often that situation occurs with other people (being only a credit shy but still in the ceremony)?

Weren't there people in this thread saying it happened to their kids?

The only thing I have ever heard was people yelling because they couldn't take the walk....even when they were that close. IDK.

Which wouldn't be legal, would it? He has no authority to apprehend anybody.

It is not unusual, nor is it special treatment. If the credit isn't made up, then the student WILL NOT RECEIVE a diploma. Very simple.

Then how did GZs nose get broken?

Occam's razor - other things being equal, a simpler explanation is better than a more complex one.

A ex LE officer on Nancy Grace said his nose could have been broken from shooting the gun. It is possible, and that is what I think probably occurred. The minor injuries on the back of his head could have been caused during the scuffle, or Trayvon might have pushed him after he first touched Trayvon, and he fell down. jmo

Of course it doesnt mean gz intended..maybe thats why Gz isnt charged with First degree murder??

Which wouldn't be legal, would it? He has no authority to apprehend anybody.

To try and do a "Citizen Arrest/Detain" is done at your own risk and end up killing that person..THEN you turn around and claim SYG because you couldnt do so safely just doesnt sit well with me :maddening:

Ohhh ETA~~ Wouldnt a citizen arrest require the arrestee to be doing something unlawful?

A ex LE officer on Nancy Grace said his nose could have been broken from shooting the gun. It is possible, and that is what I think probably occurred. The minor injuries on the back of his head could have been caused during the scuffle, or Trayvon might have pushed him after he first touched Trayvon, and he fell down. jmo

I agree, they weren't injuries from his head being slammed on the concrete. Even the investigator said that. They looked like scratches.

BBM

:moo::moo: Interesting point of information: "course credit" as written MIGHT/PROBABLY DOES (okay, having languished on the periphery of academia for years as a program adviser/adjunct faculty) mean a FULL SEMESTER course VS being "only a credit" (unless the course in question is a "survey course"/"internship"/adviser-advisee designed course). :moo::moo:

Now from experience, the academic institution where I achieved my MS degree offered a full regalia graduation service ONCE a year (MAY), therefore "we" got to walk as "grads" before the ink was on the diploma within the NEXT semester when the thesis & defense :please: were completed! LOL, didn't matter much since many of us were back AGAIN for the next graduation performance for another advanced degree. :banghead::banghead:
It's a social nicety afforded to many IF there is an institution policy, a formality for many to "cap off" more than a few years of sacrifice by family & friends.

SO JMO & JME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member