LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't even confirm that he gave them anything. Its starting to get real annoying

And are they STILL awaiting 'forensics' on the bicycle?

I've sort of dismissed LE as a source of information.

anyone else getting the feeling that there are currently three young women missing from the south: Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Jaren Lockhart from New Orleans and Brittany Nicole Wood from Alabama. Might be related?

It takes so little to send these threads off course - imagine when the misinformation comes from actual media sources.

I feel like such an idiot! I try to speed read through these things while watching my toddler. I think I may just go hide in a hole for a while... totally humiliated!

Someone in an earlier post mentioned they envisioned ACI possibly looking like Magnum PI. I have to disagree. Not many people are sporting a mustache of that magnitude these days. Higgins needed to tell him that fur coat on his top lip was out of control. I mean, I know the parachute pants and mullet cut I was sporting in those days were funny enough. (old timers don't laugh, it was you too). But I can see where that monster mustache could interfere with magnums sense of smell and possibly miss some clues in an investigation. And women on here don't laugh either with bangs to the sky and tight rolled Jeans.

anyone else getting the feeling that there are currently three young women missing from the south: Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Jaren Lockhart from New Orleans and Brittany Nicole Wood from Alabama. Might be related?

Yes, completely getting that. There are others missing from around Mississippi also. Wondering if these aren't all connected. The only thing I could see that Mickey and Jaren had in common from pics were facial piercings.

They didn't even confirm that he gave them anything. Its starting to get real annoying

I did read something earlier where LE was talking up the PI, saying he had a good rep and had been good about passing along info to them.

I feel like such an idiot! I try to speed read through these things while watching my toddler. I think I may just go hide in a hole for a while... totally humiliated!

Awww cher, don't go anywhere! It's okay! :floorlaugh:

You ever hear of the term "preggo brain?" I have been pregnant, several times. I have been blonde too! LOL

What I meant about possible ping locations...was that if they now have some people to look at, they may be able to soon get some ping info and concentrate on searching in a specific area. If LE starts to do some serious searching soon, maybe that means they have something like that to go on.

Yes, completely getting that. There are others missing from around Mississippi also. Wondering if these aren't all connected. The only thing I could see that Mickey and Jaren had in common from pics were facial piercings.

the only other thing I can think of is there were small, cute and under 25

I don't think we know enough about Jaren yet. I haven't been on the thread they created her for her but I read this morning on FB that she is a stripper/dancer. And I don't know much at all about the younger girl, but I see that Charlie has reposted a link about her. People go missing all the time and it doesn't always make the news, but I think anyone who does right now, is going to be looked at carefully to rule out connection with others. The SK possibility frightens me but I don't think we have enough to go on just yet.

I don't think we know enough about Jaren yet. I have been on the thread they created her for her but I read this morning on FB that she is a stripper/dancer. And I don't know much at all about the younger girl, but I see that Charlie has reposted a link about her. People go missing all the time and it doesn't always make the news, but I think anyone who does right now, is going to be looked at carefully to rule out connection with others. The SK possibility frightens me but I don't think we have enough to go on just yet.

not to sound snarky but what does it matter if she was a stripper or a dancer? I have been on the same thread and I don't see anything that would imply so far that she is a "tart" of sorts.
I just see this "map wise" as a possible connection. Having to do with the water, probably nothing but still a possibility.

Don't feel badly! I'm trying to catch up while chasing after my 2 yr old. I'm so behind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad! I had to read it twice to catch the sarcasm.....and I'm usually really good at sarcasm-sleuthing :eek:)

not to sound snarky but what does it matter if she was a stripper or a dancer? I have been on the same thread and I don't see anything that would imply so far that she is a "tart" of sorts.
I just see this "map wise" as a possible connection. Having to do with the water, probably nothing but still a possibility.

No, I didn't say it does matter. Just saying that we don't know enough about her yet. We need more information about her. Hopefully they will be doing some interviews with the boyfriend and her family soon so word can get out. I knew people here were asking where she worked, etc. and then I read that on FB this morning. Other than that, I don't know much about her (or even if that is accurate).

eta: We did talk about what MS does--is a student at UL and gives horse riding lesson to children. It's only natural to look at what a person does for a living, where they hang out, who's around, etc.

I just dropped off some chill ties (those bandanas that help you stay cool) at the coliseum. I brought some over yesterday as well. The mood over there today is much more sullen - people were hanging around in small groups talking and it took a minute for someone to notice me standing by the donation drop-off table. Yesterday, I was met at the door when I came in by people directing me tO the table where sOmeoone was sitting. Everyone seemed much more upbeat and positive yesterday. I know CS has said that torso isn't Mickey, but I got the impression something was going on over at the coliseum for the mood change. Could just be exhaustion, though.

I just dropped off some chill ties (those bandanas that help you stay cool) at the coliseum. I brought some over yesterday as well. The mood over there today is much more sullen - people were hanging around in small groups talking and it took a minute for someone to notice me standing by the donation drop-off table. Yesterday, I was met at the door when I came in by people directing me tO the table where sOmeoone was sitting. Everyone seemed much more upbeat and positive yesterday. I know CS has said that torso isn't Mickey, but I got the impression something was going on over at the coliseum for the mood change. Could just be exhaustion, though.

I think everyone was just holding their breath, and it was an emotional toll on everyone--even after the piercings were announced and there was a sigh of relief that it wasn't Mickey, it was still someone, and now a terrible image is in everyone's heads.

In Lafayette there are 2 'endangered runaways' Lexy Jones and (Tanya?) Thibodeaux--both of these girls are fairly recent and both are under 5'2 (IRC) Am curious to know if there has been any updates on these girls. Perhaps it is their height that gives me pause.

Even though that torso doesn't seem to be Mickey's, the very fact that the possibility had to be considered and addressed by the family is sobering. Knowing that another missing person ended up in pieces on a beach won't lead to cheerfulness among the family as we end the third week of this saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez