LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it's literally true that the z71/Silverado/GMC/Chevy crew cab is on every block, both sides of the street and on the street. I suppose every criminal and all of LE knows this. What narrows the search for DWTiq? The diagonal winch line in the bed, the square wheel wells. Google's yellow man presumably only takes a short while to travel down the street, just like a regular car.. maybe it goes faster, because Google's Yellow man passes a DWT on the right as it goes down Landry toward I-90, the highway. Here is my last stop for Google's yellow man. If you know the area, speak up.
This is a still shot.
l.jpg

This is Google Maps direct:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&hl=en&ll=30.220824,-92.023705&spn=0.004719,0.006899&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&geocode=FZ8hzQEdCtWD-g&hnear=US+90+Business+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.220891,-92.023791&panoid=Ae21rtjzPgWPiuCy4eFleQ&cbp=12,26.57,,0,5.03

That's a plaintiff attorney's office. His wife is an assistant DA.

Here's an interesting angle.

What if it is a city employee?

It would be very easy for this person to get information from LE. They would know what LE is looking for, which in my strong opinion, isn't the DWT. They'd know where LE is looking as well.

They'd basically be an insider.

AND..know where all of the cameras are located!

Didn't see this, added it to the news thread - thanks.

I wonder how the criminal mind works... I've mentioned "the rule of three" whereby a abducts from one area, disposes evidence in another, and then leaves the body in yet a third.

I wonder if in cases of where the evidence is disposed of in water, if then the natural tendency is not to leave the victim in water...

If we're talking about a criminal mind, he would be in it for personal gain: sexually or monetarily, or both IMO. He (or they) could have tossed the bike then driven to Baton Rouge or New Orleans to sell Mickey. It's an awful possibility, but one that cannot be disregarded at this point. :twocents:

I am completely creeped out by the Pac-Man connection even though there might not be a connection. I have been a Websleuth lurker since day one for Mickey. I never commented because I didn't know how much more I could input other than what was already said. I finally have to comment on how creepy the Pac-Man theory really is. I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female. I know this means nothing, but because of the strange posts last night, I got NO SLEEP!! Has anyone actually gone and checked out this graffati? I think I may have to just so I can pinpoint the exact location. Did someone say Congress & Parkside? Side of what building? Will Google Maps not pull up the exact location? At least we can see if it was there in 2009.

On another note, the White Truck. Do you recall the posts whenever people were trying to figure out what was in the back window? I know that is impossible to tell in a picture like that, but I saw a logo the other day in the back of a z-71 white truck. I took a picture of the truck just in case but didn't do anything with it yet.

I hope we find Mickey soon! I pray for her family every day. I know this is difficult for them.

I just passed by there, only half expecting to see it. It hit me like a brick when I saw it. If you travel down Congress towards downtown it is on the white building on your right on the corner of Parkside and Congress. Didn't someone say this building was freshly painted? When?

I had terrible dreams last night once I finally did fall asleep...

the pac man graffiti seems out of the box unlikely. However The location, timing and content make me take a second look. Also, the theft of BW's bike seemed childish and game like to me. Does not seem to me like the bike was stolen, just moved to mess with BW.

Just a quick note.. I saw a white truck (2 door) that had a a similar mark on the passenger side.. Not quite as long. I was on the side of it. It looked like they had removed what was maybe a logo for a business and there was left over glue/sticker residue that was now dirty. Could that mark on the voi be something similar? I hated to post ANYTHING about a vehicle, but I did it anyway! Just thinking outloud!!

Just a quick note.. I saw a white truck (2 door) that had a a similar mark on the passenger side.. Not quite as long. I was on the side of it. It looked like they had removed what was maybe a logo for a business and there was left over glue/sticker residue that was now dirty. Could that mark on the voi be something similar? I hated to post ANYTHING about a vehicle, but I did it anyway! Just thinking outloud!!

Was it a two door with accessible cab/back seat?

Only too true- I still check out every Z71 though. I kinda feel for the innocent guys who drive them. There's a large group of people eyeballing them hard wherever they go.:eye:

Really! I agree Ivory.
Brings back memories.. the checking for older white trucks and the DNA swabbing done on all the white men who drove wt's in the Louisiana serial killer case.
LE scoped all of them out looking for a wt and a white man... then a black man was arrested and found guilty.
Women were fearful of all WT's/drivers for a long while.

Yeah it's back up. She took it down and then put it back up... when I asked that, it was unavailable or I would have posted it :banghead:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude in my response! I was genuinely curious as to what you saw! :blushing:

the pac man graffiti seems out of the box unlikely. However The location, timing and content make me take a second look. Also, the theft of BW's bike seemed childish and game like to me. Does not seem to me like the bike was stolen, just moved to mess with BW.

We may be dealing with a *childish* perpetrator or perpetrators here that has nothing at all to do with that mysterious white truck and everything to do with graffiti and bike stealing and local gang activity. Just a thought :waitasec:

That's a new analogy. I think A.C.I. likened the search to trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. There's one thing I think we can all be sure of, and that is, if the driver of that particular truck was innocent and was aware of the disappearance of Mickey Shunick, then he'd come forward to clear his name. So we are left with the other possibilities that he is local and guilty, or was passing through Lafayette and is guilty...or he is totally innocent and from out of town and totally unaware of the fact that we are looking for him.
We need much more nationwide coverage of missing people IMO - it's a big country, but we are linked closely these days through internet. I believe Mickey's story is being read all over the world, so surely we can set up a better way of tracking and helping missing people here in the U.S. and taking full advantage of all the technology we have through computers and phone tracking. There has to be a way of tracking down this DWT eventually! Thinking it's time to play the violin, not for sympathy, but the same way Sherlock Holmes does while working out a case. :boohoo:

RE: We need much more nationwide coverage of missing people IMO - it's a big country, but we are linked closely these days through internet.

'Absolutely, mamacat, from the early 1980's to the 2000's, there was an explosion in communication technology. From PCs to cell phones, to smart phones, internet, facebook, twitter, etc.
The awareness in Mickey Schunick's case is an excellent example of these advancements in communication.
Now if we can only convince the leadership of the missing persons investigations to embrace this valuable resource. Then maybe, just maybe we will bring more innocent victims home and more recidivist predators to justice..in the name of Public Safety..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JammerSue