LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few questions do we know for sure when the truck was burnt was it the 21/31? And can you please provide a link and also when did he return from work I know it was this week but does anyone know? I read usually on a Wednesday but is there a report stating the facts?

If u relisten to the presser he says 5/21. He also says the burnt truck was found just days before pics were released of the truck to the public so it had to be a typo and the right day is the 21st

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have been asking the same question about when he is onshore offshore and got nothing. My research has come up with nothing either. I find this information to be valuable, as people are pointing the finger at him for other crimes and would like to either put him as a suspect or rule him out.

From what I understand, he returned from being offshore for 2 weeks on Wednesday, July 4. No one knows for sure if he was on a 14/14 rotation, or if he was on 24hr call which is not a set schedule. If was working 14/14, he would have been home the night Mickey disappeared. By him filing on May 31 to have his name removed as a RSO (or whatever it was) could have been done by his attorney and he would not have needed to be present for that.

Especially since she says she adopted him at birth. It's not like he joined their family when he was a teenager or something. She raised him from birth.

True.

I commend her for speaking out and making her condolences known. It just kind of rubbed me the wring way that she said that in her first sentence--'He was adopted!' ---like it lets her off the hook as his caregiver or something.

If he burnt the truck on the 21st that means he did it even before we all knew to be looking for it-which means that is was full of evidence, IMO...are we sure that is when he did it? If had assumed he did it in response to the video being shown.

Well, she gave it a lot of priority, saying it right up front like that. He is my son, but not really because he was adopted. Sorry, but that is kind of a pet peeve of mine, treating adoptees as less than 'real' family members.

I was adopted by somebody that would have said the same.. yep shes mine but shes not blood. Trying to separate themselves. They always treated me sooo different. So, I get your point. :) I can also see she may have just been beating everybody to the fact. I do believe some genetics do not allow some to mesh well. Okay well Im going to agree w you lol. No other reason to say hes adopted. Other than to say ITS NOT MY FAULT.
No winners here. :(

Jmo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I was adopted by somebody that would have said the same.. yep shes mine but shes not blood. Trying to separate themselves. They always treated me sooo different. So, I get your point. :) I can also see she may have just been beating everybody to the fact. I do believe some genetics do not allow some to mesh well. Okay well Im going to agree w you lol. No other reason to say hes adopted. Other than to say ITS NOT MY FAULT.
No winners here. :(

Jmo

I took it as a completely different way. I thought she meant it as she gave him a decent life that his birth mother couldn't have given him but he still chose to go down the wrong path in life. I felt like she was saying she did everything she could for him, but apparently it wasn't enough. I'm not adopted so I don't have insight like you would so I'm sure I just looked at it in a different way.

I will make a stand here for the adoptive mother. I have worked with adoption issues for 30+ years. I have been responsible for many reunions. In every reunion I am 100% sure of this: I am not going to be surprised. When I work with mothers who have given up children -- I am never surprsed when I find the child. When I work with babies who are looking for their mothers -- I am never surprised when I find her. Not even one time. This is a horifically sad moment for me because I feel her pain and the family's pain. When she stands in front of the public and apologizes - that is from her heart and only another mother who has raised a criminal can really understand how she feels. There is a story called "mother of a criminal" by Erma Bombeck and I hope that a person who knows this woman will find that and please give her a copy. It will help. I am going to stop writing for a while and ponder the grief of both of these mothers. It is truly more than one mother's heart should have to bear.

That's my nic in the quote but I did not say that.
I was actually disputing the poster who actually made the comment. Please delete or fix 'quote'. Thanks :)

What?

This doesn't tell us when BSL burned the truck, but I think it leads to the logical conclusion that the truck was reported stolen and burned in reaction to the release of the surveillance video.

Police released video of the white pickup to the public on May 25, hoping it might prompt someone to come forward with information. The following day, on May 26, Shunick’s bicycle was found along I-10, partially submerged under the Whisky Bay Bridge...

The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

From the press release:

Further investigation revealed that the truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 31st. The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8121547&postcount=262"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33[/ame]

someone on here came in and said they went to HS with him and his brother. said he never smiled and <modsnip>. i haven't seen that poster on here since. i wish they'd come back and elaborate. it was right after the arrest was announced so it was hectic on here. i think i remember the name properly, but i don't want to say it just in case I am incorrect.
My cousin went to school with him and she said he was "creepy." Burned down his parents home and nothing was done to him.

I took it as a completely different way. I thought she meant it as she gave him a decent life that his birth mother couldn't have given him but he still chose to go down the wrong path in life. I felt like she was saying she did everything she could for him, but apparently it wasn't enough. I'm not adopted so I don't have insight like you would so I'm sure I just looked at it in a different way.

You know what, she probably didnt mean it the way it could read. No biggie to me just thinking out loud as I read. :) Sounds to me she didn't know what to say. My heart goes out to all of the family members. All.

Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck was stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: BSLs truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

okay, what are we missing in this timeline?

So LE got a tip from a concerned citizen that it was BSLs burnt truck? It wasnt from TX LE? Weird

So LE got a tip from a concerned citizen that it was BSLs burnt truck? It wasnt from TX LE? Weird

There are burned out vehicles found reasonably often in East Texas. There have been several murders over the years where the victim was found in their own burned out vehicle. If LE was suspicious, it was probably them thinking it was something local.

BSL's mother and brother have posted conciliatory messages at the KATC-TV Facebook page. Due to copyright restrictions, I cannot post their entire message.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

At KATC look for the thread with following header:
Because of the nature of our profession, yesterday's press conference had many of us up all night. New questions popping up in our heads.

There posts can be found as comments under this thread.

Cynthia Lavergne Hello to all.. My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time.......

Joshua Lavergne Hey , my name is Joshua Lavergne. I'm am the brother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. I would like to say I'm sorry for what the Shunick family has gone through. I was and still am one of the many residents of.....

It wasn't too terribly long ago that two white supremacists were found in a burned out car in Liberty.

aviatrix, 'I respectfully disagree'.. Friend of mine had a brain transplant. Dr. said we have a male brain $100,000.00 & a female brain only $10,000.00. My friend said why such a difference in price?

The Doctor said, 'the female brain's been used'..

Ha, good one!

Serial killers do have "different" brains than normal people, but there also has to be a precipitating event that causes them to act out on their urges.

As I have stated several times in this thread, 1 in 4 people are sociopaths. But, 1 in 4 people do not commit rape or murder or etc.

1-4% of the population is a sociopath, not 1 in 4. 96-99% is not a sociopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member