LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that poison ivy/poison oak did not present symptoms for a few days after exposure?

It depends on the exposure and sensitivity to the urushiol, (the plant's oil) Reaction can be anywhere from 2 hours, to 14 days.

Since bsl was in the Army, he may have thought he was immuned to it. Just a thought.

Also, poison Sumac is more abundant in swampy areas.

I would like to know if the finger injury was on his dominant hand and which finger it was. Some guy, do you have any idea?

Sorry, been distracted. I just rescued a week ago, a beautiful little feral cat, pregnant, close to death from starvation and neglect. She is right at this moment giving birth to her kittens in the shelter of my home.

Anyway, oh my dear Jesus, please find Mickey.

AAAWWWW, that is so sweet! Please post how mama kitty and babies are doing!:cat::cat:

She did not say...

Originally Posted by slowlybutshelly
I have to agree with you. I was studying late night at a coffeeshop in Lafayette and I saw BSL there. I actually asked him if he went to iraq or afghanistan because he had on military fatigues. He said ' no they kept me here'. Unknown, to me why..because he was in jail 2000-2008.

Sure sounds like it was after his release from prison.

Mickey loved animals. Oh my God, I hate these monsters and the laws in this country that give them all the leeway to commit their crimes, and get their defense.

This has to end, now!

I think the rash and hand/finger surgery were at the same hospital.

I don't remember reading that it was his finger tip that was injured, though. I though it was a laceration on his hand. But I've been getting it a little confused tonight, so maybe it was his finger tip!

It was his finger tip.... That needed surgery
His hand had lacerations as well as poison ivy.

I saw him wearing fatigues on many occasions at cc's coffeeshop on Johnston street in Lafayette. In fact, every time I saw him he was wearing fatigues. I have seen him regularly (2-3 times a week) late hours till closing during march, april, May 2012. wouldn't be surprised at all if he knew my car and where I lived. And had been scoping people there. Never saw MS at that coffeeshop though.

I don't mind if you don't agree with me :)
I just think he is a violent bully who is not too bright. Doesn't have the "brains" to be a serial criminal. Everything he did after abducting Mickey was in panic, and sponaneous reactions, IMO to the situation he had created.

JMO of course
JMO

cluciano63, name a sexual predator/serial killer that wasn't a violent bully. It is never wise to underestimate a predator. Gary Hilton, whose IQ was within the top 10% of the world's population was thought to be a petty drifter & thief by LE, yet evaded authorities for 4 decades....

Some of the best hunters that I know can barely read & write..Many, if not most serial killers are average IQ or below. DTL's IQ was only 62, Gary Ridgeway 78, but both were illusive for years..and had almost a hundred victims between them..

Not trying to be combative, just trying to show that you don't have to have a PHD to be a PSK; prolific serial killer...It is about experience, calculation, creativity, deflection, evil, and a little luck..
Imo, if not for the public's tips BSL would be trolling as we speak.. How many times did he fall through the cracks since 05/19/2012...

BSL Scenario; Nine days after Mickey Schunick is abducted on 05/28/2012 a Tier 3 RSO comes in for his quarterly interview by LE, driving a DWT that the World is told to BOLO for, that looks as though he has been in a fight with a tiger and is covered with poison ivy...

"Last I looked poison ivy doesn't grow on Service Station parking lots in NOLO"...

Why is a high IQ even neccessary to evade investigators?

Great post! Thanks

In addition ...
He went to 3 different hospitals.
1 for numerous stab wounds in various locations.
1 for a really bad poison ivy rash including on his hands
1 for his finger tip severely injured. That being consistent with being bitten off.

Laffy, we know about Ochsners and Opelousas, which is the third one?

I respectfully disagree cluciano63..BSL has all the traits and characteristics of a serial killer, imo..

Experienced/recidivist Sadistic psychopathic sexual predators are very calculating, creative, and deflective.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that serial offenders will rely on these jurisdictional boundaries to hamper investigations and cause linkage blindness in their crimes. ...

"Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness calculated by BSL in Mickey Schunick's abduction and during the aftermath"

Imo, there is only one investigative tool that LE has that prevents jurisdictional linkage blindness; the American public via the MS Media...

BSL's Home - 1 LE Jurisdiction

MS Abduction - 2 LE Jurisdiction

Bike Disposal - 3 LE Jurisdiction

Hospital NOLO - 4 LE Jurisdiction

Opelousas General - 5 LE Jurisdiction

Stolen DW Truck Report - 6 LE Jurisdiction -Texas

Burned/Stripped DW Truck - 7 LE Jurisdiction - Texas

Brandon Scott Lavergne, is also forensically aware, calculating, and very manipulative..imooc..

"Would it not be logical to conclude that Mickey Schunick's remains will also be located in a different Police jurisdiction"?

Agree 100% This guy may not be Einstein in some areas but he is sly and cunning when it comes to his crimes. BSL didn't count on the cameras or the Cajun net because those did not stop him in the past.

"Would it not be logical to conclude that Mickey Schunick's remains will also be located in a different Police jurisdiction"?

Thats why I was thinking he took her body to Mississippi or even Florida..he went in every direction but one (that we know of) and I think thats where MS is. Crazy I know but very possible.

Slowbutshelly posted a page or so back that she saw him in a coffee shop wearing fatigues. This really bothers me. It could be quit significant in a few ways.
I do not want to post too much, but I felt safe at that coffee shop late hours (till midnight) studying because there was a P.I. there. LE came in regularly to get coffee, etc. I am pulling long hours with books, so I went to cc's on johnston probably 2-3-4 times a week in March, April, May 2012. I saw BSL there and talked with him (God forgive me) twice. He was in there on the sofa late hours doing nothing mindless for probably 2-3 times per week in March and April. If not before then. Are we thinking he is serial and responsible for others disappearances?

I saw him wearing fatigues on many occasions at cc's coffeeshop on Johnston street in Lafayette. In fact, every time I saw him he was wearing fatigues. I have not seen him regularly (2-3 times a week) late hours till closing during march, april 2010. wouldn't be surprised at all if he knew my car and where I lived. and had been scoping people there. Never saw MS at that coffeeshop though.

Have you called this in to LE?

My other questions would be...

Did you know him by name? or did you recognize him after he was arrested? Did you ever speak to him?
Did you ever see him speak to anyone else?

TIA

Good posts today; yall indeed present some excellent points. So of my thoughts:

I'm thinking that MS's dad was asked to ID her bike; either in person or via photos. This would account for what he said he "noticed".

I tend to think that he put MS at a place that was comfortable for him (his stomping grounds), but not on property associated/owned by him or any family. He seems to have used so much "distance" for everything else, I just do not think he would put her in a place that would be associated with himself.

Laffy Taffy indicated BSL has had recent contact with his bio mother & sister. I am leaning toward the notion that they live in the area of TX where the DWT was torched. Can you confirm LT?

Someone may have mentioned this way back/early on after learning of the burned truck..... HWY 190 (just a few miles from his home) turns and jags a few times.... but it is also a road that goes right to the area of TX where the burned truck was located (back roads style).

Reviewing Megsy's Timeline.... and it is great by the way. The events do seem to unfold rapidly and likely unexpectedly for the evil doer - starting (IMO) with MS fighting back. Suddenly he has injuries he has to account for; media & LPD is looking for her/bike, searches start, reward announced and doubled, tip line, candle vigil, DWT photos. Evil doer is racing to beat the band to set alibi and cover stories all in the first 5 days. I think MS either went in that river at WB or was put in his confort area - where ever the heck that is.
Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Elaborate, CS..

For one, I know everyone is thinking Holly Bobo. This I think was a crime committed by someone in that community.

in Brandon's case, he could feel empowered in fatigues and approach women more easily. They would be more inclined to trust a man in fatigues and less likely to report an assault...in my opinion.

I saw him wearing fatigues on many occasions at cc's coffeeshop on Johnston street in Lafayette. In fact, every time I saw him he was wearing fatigues. I have not seen him regularly (2-3 times a week) late hours till closing during march, april 2010. wouldn't be surprised at all if he knew my car and where I lived. and had been scoping people there. Never saw MS at that coffeeshop though.

You did Not see him in march 2010 correct?
There's a few teens that vanished from spring tx in that time period and I've been trying to figure out if he is responsible

Possible that he damaged/cut his fingertip while trying to take the bike grips off with a sharp object? If they were that hard to remove, he probably had to use alot of force and maybe the object he was using slipped??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval