Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
judge says Harry Smith has been ordered to return Monday -- as a defense witness :what: :what: :what:

OK. So apparently the defense wants to dirty up Kathleen by showing that she perjured herself in previous testimony involving Drew and Stacy. ????

So NOW Smith is going to testify FOR the DT?

I guess the DT wants the jury to believe she was lying when she wrote that letter about Drew attacking her.

#DrewPeterson defense team to call Savio divorce atty Harry Smith presumably to testify that Savio lied under oath about Drew/Stacy incident

Judge Burmila confirms that all of the State's stipulations will be presented at 9:00 Monday morning. #drewpeterson

Judge Burmila and the attorneys are going over the documents that the State still hopes to admit into evidence. #drewpeterson

InSession: The State confirms it doesn't plan to call any additional witnesses, & should be resting after they present the stipulations.

judge bars state from presenting record ordering DP to pay Savio's divorce atty's fees. Says it doesn't speak to motive...

:tyou: katy and n/t and everyone for the updates etc today!!!!

abbie

They are treated like they are rock stars and the "dream team"
I am so sick of seeing those mugs sporting sunglasses....but not as sick as I am
of seeing the smug mug that is Drew himself. He *loved* all of the attention that they gave him before his arrest. They are all attention *advertiser censored*.

It is clear to me that Drew chose his "own mirror image" attorneys.

judge allows as evidence transcripts of 2 interviews Drew gave to NBC and CNN about Savio's death. No video comes in, though.

Trial ends for the week without the state resting. They could end their case on Monday.

The judge tells the attorneys that after the State rests on Monday, he’ll hear a motion for a directed verdict. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Judge: “Depending on the outcome of that motion, we’ll continue with the defense witnesses." #drewpeterson

judge allows as evidence transcripts of 2 interviews Drew gave to NBC and CNN about Savio's death. No video comes in, though.

Trial ends for the week without the state resting. They could end their case on Monday.

The judge tells the attorneys that after the State rests on Monday, he’ll hear a motion for a directed verdict. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What does this mean? Is it the same as a plea agreement? TIA

abbie

Now tell me this isn't some REAL BULLmmmmmmmHOCKEY!!!!!!!! I only got on here about 11:00 a.m., PACIFIC time & I'm COMPLETELY caught up!!! And no, I am not a speed reader! (Sorry for shouting, & almost cursing, but I'm sooooo frustrated!) Our poor, poor pop tarts! Geesh, hope they can put all this trickling information into perspective over the weekend & realize the DT's entire defense is that every single witness only came to lie under oath for 15 min of fame!!! Thank you all so much for all your hard work!

I have just left the screen up and been awol most of the day. You know when your neighbor comes over and rings the doorbell holding one of her famous chocolate pies you will let her in and treat her like royalty!

I am so disgusted with this drama queen of a judge and the big drama queens at the defense table! Your tax dollars at work, folks! If I were a tax payer in Will County, I would be raising some serious hell about this circus of a trial being so dragged out. I wonder what the daily cost of court is.

I'll believe this lazy judge will work on a Monday when he is actually in the courtroom on Monday morning.

I think Kathleen's letter should be allowed in without any portion being redacted. That would be too good to be true, though. So much has been kept from this jury that if they do find DP not guilty, they will after the fact be pissed off about the information that didn't make it in.

The defense has had three years to learn everything there is to know about this jury. Let's hope this jury is comprised of good, trustworthy people in spite of whatever dressing game they may be playing. Please God, help them to make the right decision!

I'm growing older by the moment and would like to still be around to hear this verdict! This judge should be forced to get the train back on the track!

MOO

What does this mean? TIA

abbie

The Defense will immediately ask for the judge to rule on a motion set forth.

The DT will say that the state did NOT prove their case, did not prove there was a murder, nor that their client was ever at the scene of the 'non-murder' and that lack of evidence and total lack of forensics, requires the judge to ' direct a verdict' of case dismissed for lack of evidence. :eek:

eta: A "motion for a directed verdict" asks the court to rule that the plaintiff or prosecutor has not proven the case, and ...

OMG!!!!!

I was slowing writing a post when you posted this! WTH???

What does this mean? Is it the same as a plea agreement? TIA

abbie

I believe it's normal in a trial to do this. Defense will ask the judge for DP to be freed because the State was not able to prove it's case due to lack of evidence. jmo

This letter is shocking, so sad, so pathetic...especially now that she is dead. Note she states he snuck up upon her and forced her to go downstairs, etc. Helps visualize a scenario where he did the exact same thing and finally ended it with her murder.

Thank God the letter will be allowed. If this does not convince the jury, I don't think anything else much can.

Looks like Drew did a rehearsal prior to going through with his "plan".

The Defense will immediately ask for the judge to rule on a motion set forth.

The DT will say that the state did NOT prove their case, did not prove there was a murder, nor that their client was ever at the scene of the 'non-murder' and that lack of evidence and total lack of forensics, requires the judge to ' direct a verdict' of case dismissed for lack of evidence. :eek:

eta: A "motion for a directed verdict" asks the court to rule that the plaintiff or prosecutor has not proven the case, and ...

Oh. GULP.

abbie

Judge allows as evidence transcripts of 2 interviews Drew gave to NBC and CNN about Savio's death. No video comes in, though.

Does anyone know which transcripts they would be talking about ?

Love how Judge B. is all cozy and 'jokey' with the DT. But he literally berates and scowls at the state all day every day. Pathetic situation.

agreed! at the very least,this judge is quite "prickly" towards the state.

I'm sure some of you have already located these interviews, please share, pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump