Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: Justice Cafe?? :maddening: Excuse me, but... I'm the one who came up with those figures!!! :banghead:

see next post!

LOL! And we sure do appreciate it too!!! :woohoo: (By the way, you crack me up!)

Thanks Niner for keeping all the stats!! We do appreciate it!

I want to thank everyone for keeping us up to date!! You guys/girls are amazing!

Praying for justice for Kathleen! :please:

:waitasec: Justice Cafe?? :maddening: Excuse me, but... I'm the one who came up with those figures!!! :banghead:

see next post!

You deserve the credit too. And we all appreciate your meticulous work in this delay filled frustrating trial.

:yourock:​

Niner, you did a terrific job! I love to do that sort of thing myself and am fully aware of the amount of dedication it took to pull those figures together. When all is said and done, your excellent statistics tell a tale of their own about this frustrating trial. You certainly have some terrific laurels to rest upon.

Also thank you to all who posted InSession re-caps and all the tweets. I am only sorry I couldn't contribute more to the effort.

Now, as to the injury to Kathleen's head. Thanks to all of you for reminding me it was a horizontal gash above the left ear. That fact got lost among the dusty file cabinets in the back of my brain.

Now, bringing it forward, I wonder why there was no question as to the location of that laceration. I've taken more than my share of klutzy falls during my life. I've always fallen either forewards or backwards, NEVER to my left or right. Always, when falling forwards, I've managed to brace myself with my arms to avoid serious injury, although a friend of mine managed to break her wrist in such a fall in the bathroom. Had Kathleen been getting into the tub and slipped, she would have been able to break the fall with the side of the tub. Her outstretched arms would have protected her head.

Had she fallen backwards, the back of her head could have hit the faucet and left blood behind. In that case her head would have been at the other side of the tub, in a reverse position from where she was found if, as the defense has stated, the fall made her dizzy or caused her to pass out.

Having personally had a serious fall back in the day on ice. I slipped and fell backwards with no way to interrupt the fall. I got quite a conk on the head which left me dizzy for a few moments. No gash from the sidewalk and I survived.

Now, if, as the defense has stated, she was getting OUT of the tub, the stopper would have been in the up position, emptying the tub. It wasn't. If she had fallen, she would have had to fall to the left, hitting her head on the faucet, gone unconscious under what water left in the tub if it were draining, and while unconscious, done a 180 in the tub to end up in that position and unconsciously flexed her feet against the side of the tub to gain friction to raise her body above the water level.

Well, so much for my early morning thoughts. I hope the jury thinks about all of that! It was no accident.

1st Week

Tuesday, July 31st - Prosecutors: 1 /
Jurors out - 1

Wednesday, August 1st - Defense: 1 / Prosecutors: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 2

Thursday, August 2nd - Defense: 1 / Judge: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 7

Friday, August 3rd - Defense: 1 / Prosecutors: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 3

1st Week Total: 7

Defense: 3 / Prosecutors: 3 / Judge: 1
Jurors out: 13

2nd Week

Tuesday, August 7th - Defense: 7 / Prosecutors: 1 / Judge: 4 // Total: 12
Jurors out - 6

Wednesday, August 8th - Defense: 3 / Prosecutors: 8 / Judge: 3 // Total: 14
Jurors out - 6

Thursday, August 9th - Defense: 4 / Prosecutors: 2 // Total: 6
Jurors out - 4

Friday, August 10th - Defense: 16 / Prosecutors: 7 / Judge: 2 // Total: 25
Jurors out - 9

2nd Week Total: 57
Jurors out: 25

Total Sidebars thru 2nd Week: 64

Defense: 33 / Prosecutors: 21 / Judge: 10
Pop-Tart Jurors: 38

3rd Week:

Tuesday, August 14th: Defense - 2 / Prosecutors - 1 / Judge - 1 // Total = 4
Jurors out: 5

Wednesday, August 15th: Defense - 7 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 4 // Total = 13
Jurors out: 8

Thursday, August 16th: Defense - 5 / Prosecutors - 8 / Judge - 5 // Total = 18
Pop-tart Jurors: 8 (this is a correction!)

Friday, August 17th: Defense - 4 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 6 // Total = 12
Pop-tart Jurors: 5 (ditto, correction)

3rd Week Total: 47
Jurors out: 26

Total Sidesbars thru Week 3 = 111

Defense - 51 / Prosecutors - 34 / Judge - 26
Pop-Tart Jurors: 64

4th Week

Tuesday, August 21st: Defense - 8 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 3 // Total = 13
Pop-Tart Jurors: 5

Wednesday, August 22nd: Defense - 6 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 3 // Total = 11
Pop-Tart Jurors: 4

Thursday, August 23rd: Defense - 2 / Prosecutors - 1 / Judge - 2 // Total = 5
Pop-Tart Jurors: 2

Friday, August 24th: Defense - 0 (!!) / Prosecutors - 4 / Judge - 2 // Total = 6
Pop-Tart Jurors: 2

Total for 4th Week: 35
Jurors out: 13

Total Sidebars thru Week 4 = 146

Defense - 67 / Prosecutors - 43 / Judge - 36
Pop-Tart Jurors out: 77 times

Week 5:
Monday, August 27th: Defense - 4 / Prosecutors - 6 / Judge - 4 // Total: 14
Jurors out: 5 times

Tuesday, August 28th: Defense - 5 / Prosecutors - 5 / Judge - 3 // Total: 13
Jurors out: 7 times

Wednesday, August 29th: Defense - 5 / Prosecutors - 6 / Judge - 5 // Total: 16
Jurors out: 7 times

Total Sidebars for 5th Week: 43

Grand total for trial: 189 Sidebars
Defense - 81 / Prosecutors - 60 / Judge - 48
Pop-tart Jurors out 96 times

Rebuttal
Thursday, August 30th: Defense -7 / Prosecutors - 9 / Judge - 0 // Total: 16
Jurors out: 5 times

Total Sidebars for trial: 205
Defense - 88 / Prosecutors - 69 / Judge - 48
Pop-Tart Jurors out 101 times

Defense wins on sidebars!! :fence:

edited to add: and this was a LOT of work!!

WOW, you're pretty dang good at STATS !!! Wonderful job, thank you!

I made .PDF files on each of the witnesses testimony based on the "In Session" updates. I spaced the text out though for easier reading.

I have them all here on this webpage, where I also made "notations" on the right hand column. I'm not sure if you already did it but if you want to add to your STATS collection, I have notations on when the Defense screamed discovery violations, or when they wanted the judge to strike all testimony of a witness, plus who witnessed the "blue" towel, who didn't see it, who didn't see a wine glass, who said they did.

Drew Peterson Trial "Notes"
http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_transcripts.htm

I'm still working on trying to highlight individual quotes or comments per witness, but that's a work in progress.

Did you also keep tally of what the jury was wearing each day?

Thanks again !

BTW, I did notice that Justice Café did give you credit for your hard work. :)

Praying BIG TIME for Justice for Kathleen and Stacy !

ACR

I can't wait for closing arguments and verdict watch. That said, I think DP got a much more fair trial than Kathleen Savio because of true information not allowed by this judge.

Just gotta hope and pray for justice for Kathleen and her family!

:please:

see next post!

Don't you just hate it when someome steals posts from WS, posts elsewhere, and doesn't credit the author!

We know where the work originated, Niner. Your posts are date and time stamped long before that tweeter stole your work.

Thank you for all your hard work, Niner, and SHAME on Justice Cafe for not mentioning WS and the poster at WS where they found the info and giving you the credit for your work.

Don't you just hate it when someome steals posts from WS, posts elsewhere, and doesn't credit the author!

We know where the work originated, Niner. Your posts are date and time stamped long before that tweeter stole your work.

Thank you for all your hard work, Niner, and SHAME on Justice Cafe for not mentioning WS and the poster at WS where they found the info and giving you the credit for your work.

That was one of the reasons I posted that tweet! Niner you rock! :rocker:

Jury expected to get Peterson case next week

Drew Peterson is a bit closer to finding out his fate. Closing arguments in the Drew Peterson murder trial are scheduled for Tuesday, which means the jury could begin deliberating as early as that afternoon.

Drew Peterson faces two counts of 1st degree murder, each alleging a different theory of murder:

Count 1: 1st degree murder: intentional killing by drowning
Count 2: 1st degree murder: engaging in risky behavior that “created a strong possibility of death or great bodily harm”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/0...tting-closer-finding-out-his-fate?hpt=hln10_9

This morning the judge and the attorneys will hold a charge conference in open court. I'm not sure how much tweeting or coverage will be done by the reporters.

I'll have to leave at about 11:00 ET for about an hour so if anyone is available to take over after 11:00 it would be great. Again, I don't know how much will be disclosed by tweeters. I'm guessing InSession will be there.

Should we run a poll on Guilty/Not Guilty/Undecided or should we wait until after closing arguments?

Hoping for a G Verdict as we all are. Also hoping we hear from the Jurors. Most interested in what they thought of all the Courtroom antics. (Only if they render a G verdict) :jail::please:

I'm very interested in hearing from the Jurors regarding the Courtroom antics, either way.

I vote we wait for closing arguments. It's a shame we won't get to see them. Emotion is just as important as the material presented. Also, the jury won't decide until after the closing arguments.

Undecided: is that the same as a hung jury? We may be undecided, but a hung jury would mean that we believe the jury won't agree. Slight nuance there for so early...

Jury expected to get Peterson case next week

Quote:
Drew Peterson is a bit closer to finding out his fate. Closing arguments in the Drew Peterson murder trial are scheduled for Tuesday, which means the jury could begin deliberating as early as that afternoon.
Quote:
Drew Peterson faces two counts of 1st degree murder, each alleging a different theory of murder:

Count 1: 1st degree murder: intentional killing by drowning

Count 2: 1st degree murder: engaging in risky behavior that “created a strong possibility of death or great bodily harm”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/0...tting-closer-finding-out-his-fate?hpt=hln10_9

Interesting. I still have to read the link, but that count 2. I wonder then if asking a hit man to kill Kathleen would be enough to find him guilty. Say, if they believe she was drowned and this was not an accident, but they can not say without a doubt who did it. I'm thinking along the lines of someone being charged for setting up the circumstances which led to murder, even though they didn't commit the act themselves. Two cases come to mind, Ottavio Volpe of Addison, IL - doing LWOP for setting up a robbery down in Florida in which the victim was murdered by a partner for the robbery. And the Brian Carrick case, which will be retried. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carrick_brian.html

Hmmm....

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Glasgow: "We have no further witnesses. Respectfully, the people would rest."

A M E N !

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

THANKS for the updates !

I got caught up reading last night -- thanks to a friend who has electricity ... and still waiting on mine to get up and running :please:

So ... Closing Arguments will be Tuesday ... now this "surprised" me because I thought they would want to finish this before the Labor Day Weekend ... but then again, the "pace" of this trail has been slower than a snail !

And the defense, IMO, was an "epic fail" ... I don't see anything that would have raised reasonable doubt !

So while the Prosecution has no "smoking gun" so to speak -- the defense had less -- zilch !

Oh, and I see the jury dressed in "professional attire" yesterday ? WTH ?

:waitasec: I wonder what they will wear for Closing Arguments ? Clowns ? Pajamas ? Halloween Costumes ? Mardi Gras Costumes ?

Oh, one more thing : Will there be a sidebar for the weekend up until the Closing ?

THANKS !

I vote we wait for closing arguments. It's a shame we won't get to see them. Emotion is just as important as the material presented. Also, the jury won't decide until after the closing arguments.

Undecided: is that the same as a hung jury? We may be undecided, but a hung jury would mean that we believe the jury won't agree. Slight nuance there for so early...

I meant what "we" believe not the jury. I suppose a second poll can be started for what we think the jury will vote.

Personally, closing arguments wouldn't change my opinion. Closing is not fact based and the defense can throw all kinds of BS to see what sticks.

Thinking more about count 2 which ~n/t~ posted/linked in a previous post.

Prosecutor Michael Combs said while Lamb had delivered the fatal blows, Casciaro was still responsible for the murder.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_brian-carrick-mario-casciaro-overdose-death

Same type of scenario in Ottavio Volpe's case. His partner in crime committed the murder, but because Ottavio set the robbery in motion, he was held fully accountable for the victims heinious murder.

Now I am really wondering if the jury can consider both Drew being the actual perp, or Drew hiring someone/setting this in motion causing the non accidental drowning death of Kathleen.

(Off to find updates on the two no body murder cases I'll be following here at WS. I will link the threads here later for those interested. Especially if LE is ever able to charge Drew with a no body case, in Stacy's presumed murder.)

ETA: Adding links to threads for two no body murder trials.

Brian Carrick:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33810"]IL IL - Brian C. Carrick, 17, Johnsburg, 20 Dec 2002 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And Bianca Jones:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159471"]Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Lilly Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - D'Andre Lane chgd w/ murder - #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I meant what "we" believe not the jury. I suppose a second poll can be started for what we think the jury will vote.

Personally, closing arguments wouldn't change my opinion. Closing is not fact based and the defense can throw all kinds of BS to see what sticks.

Gotcha!

This morning the judge and the attorneys will hold a charge conference in open court. I'm not sure how much tweeting or coverage will be done by the reporters.

I'll have to leave at about 11:00 ET for about an hour so if anyone is available to take over after 11:00 it would be great. Again, I don't know how much will be disclosed by tweeters. I'm guessing InSession will be there.

I will be in and out today so don't know how much help I can be on keeping up with any updates. Hopefully somebody will be here to keep us updated. Hate to admit this, but I have become addicted to the updates. I just have to know what is going on in that courtroom. :blushing:

As you always do, Cubby, you make some very good points & raise some tuff things to consider. If you had been on the stand as a witness, saying just what you said above, it would have definitely put one more lock on DP's cell door. IMO, this is not a small thing here. Just how quickly did that water leave the tub? If she fell early before it was full, why wasn't the water still running? If it was as full as she wanted, then the plug must have been ker-rap -- in which case she would have done something to change it since she was apparently a big tub bath fan. Does not compute. Sloppy investigation if no one looked more closely at this...

I don't recall any evidence presented on the drainage time or type of stopper or anything at all in that vein, either, Cubby. Maybe some of the other Sleuthers did not miss what we both may have. :waitasec:

Just not buyin' it.
icon9.gif

BBM
It's the little common sense things like this that can't be explained away at a fake accident crime scene. Someone either turned the water off or the tub was full and the water would've cushioned her fall -- and then landed all over the bathroom floor.

I hope the PT is able to weave all these little tidbits together in their closings like JA and LDB did so beautifully. Of course, I'm hoping for the opposite result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul