CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think we shouldn't post anyone's name who isn't name by LE.

Obviously, there is a crime and no amount of arguing is going to change the other persons mind.

Maybe we should try to bring this back to Jessica. RIP Little One. :cry:

When they said "There is a predator at large in our community" at the press conference today when they announced they had IDed the body, I am pretty sure they didn't mean a bear. Obviously, she has been killed. Hence statements like, "We will not rest until this person is caught."

On that tedious and somewhat weird note, I am off to bed. Hope to wake up and find that a suspect was arrested.

Does anyone have a link to today's press conference?

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".
...most often attributed to Mark Twain

When they said "There is a predator at large in our community" at the press conference today when they announced they had IDed the body, I am pretty sure they didn't mean a bear. Obviously, she has been killed. Hence statements like, "We will not rest until this person is caught."

On that tedious and somewhat weird note, I am off to bed. Hope to wake up and find that a suspect was arrested.

Sounds like its pretty official to me beings that came from Officers of the Law, therefor making it official, now, back to finding Jessicas killer....

Hmmm... well, I believe the suspect still has internet access, and is enjoying this search.

I've thought that all along....... In fact it's possible he or she chose Arvada as the drop off point for the back pack after reading about people's suspicions.

Sheesh guys... calm down. Someone mis-spoke.. it happens. There aren't many official details being released. True story. I think thats all that was being said.

Bickering back and forth isn't getting us anywhere.

I think we all agree there is just cause for concern amongst the community- and an innocent little girl was taken from this world way too soon.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't know how they could've possibly cleared him THAT fast.

That said, it was likely just one of many visits to RSOs that they will be making in the coming weeks.

One way to clear him quickly would be if he worked at a place that runs 24/7 (think factory, hospital, etc) and a supervisor was able to confirm that he was working during the period when Jessica disappeared.

I'm not saying that is what happened, only that there are a few ways someone could be cleared fairly quickly.

LE certainly made it clear at the PC today that they are seeking a killer.

My original point remains - we do not know if the dismemberment is part of the crime.

We still do not know if the death is a murder.

Certainly a crime has been committed, absolutely...that was not my point.

My point is, lets wait on the autopsy before we go looking for a butcher...or indeed, posting names and addresses.

Missing my point, I'm sorry for being so inarticulate.

My point is we have NOTHING OFFICIAL.

I just wanted to point out that I think I get what you're trying to say. There is an obvious crime to all of us. However, OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY, what is the crime? Do we know for a fact there was an abduction, or Could Jessica have wondered off? Do we know for a fact she was raped, especially if there's only a torso? Do we know for a fact she was even murdered or Could she have died at the hands of animals? OK so yes, this all sounds silly b/c I think it's pretty obious what happened. That said, legally we have to know she was abducted, raped, or murdered to "officially" have a crime. My guess is that LE can tell whether the body was ripped by animals or cleanly cut by a human. That would be proof of a crime IMO.

I agree that we do not know that this was a dismemberment by the perp.

Good post. I too think that the day of the week is significant. It may be due to the perp's schedule and availability, or echoing the tactics of politicians who release bad news on Friday afternoon - knowing that LE resources would be stretched thin over the weekend, etc.

As I have read and thought more, I think there may be something to the theory that this perp may have acted when he did due to opportunity (e.g. significant other/family left town for the weekend.) I still don't get the sense that Jessica's body was placed in that location due to a lack of time.

I believe the perp had a connection to or spent a lot of time in this area - I and selected this location because he felt comfortable and believed it would enable him to taunt LE while avoiding apprehension. I would guess that the perp contemplated the crime while at the location and possibly had even pre-determined the precise location.

In my opinion, this crime was perpetrated by someone who reached a "tipping point" and advanced very rapidly through what might be considered a typical progression in this type of behavior. For that reason, I would guess that the perp has probably exhibited extreme behaviors (depressive or manic) in the days sense Jessica's disappearance - so much so that it would be difficult to conceal despite his best efforts. I would imagine that he has elected to avoid social interaction as much as possible and probably has missed work, appointments, etc (as per the FBI.)

As I previously mentioned, I believe this state of mind will cause the perp to abduct and kill again in the very short term and/or contact or otherwise taunt LE. If so, the perp may be relishing the opportunity to "watch the puppet dance" OR he may find comfort in keeping LE (and thus the MSM and public) active and information on the investigation flowing. I believe that the perp's extreme behavior in response to this sudden escalation and submittal to psychopathy will ultimately betray him; my hope is that an engaged citizenry will now report strange occurrences which they would have let slide prior to last Friday.

I think you are "right on" MM and Star You may want to be a profilier! :)

For those more experienced than I, do perps who stick their noses in their own investigation tend to stick to the more methodical, technical, LE side of it, or have you seen those that offer support and condolences to loved ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remsfled