CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several sleuthers felt he was young and a teenager. I didn't think so and I remember saying that I didn't see how he could be a teen.

Others here said that they felt he had studied crimes, the FBI, Law Enforcement or criminology. Lo and behold....it was so.

Really proud of the posters here. Such a good job!

I don't know your age, but this case has got me really thinking about how I (and maybe others) grew up with a very specific serial killer stereotype: Ted Bundy. (And for me, a bit of Hannibal Lecter or other fictional mature, super-smart killers thrown in.) So I also dismissed the theories of it being a kid, I really expected an experienced killer late 20s/30s at least. I'll have to really think about my intellectual prejudices in this kind of thing and where I picked them up.

I wonder if his mom had any concerns about him? Had he acted weird since Jessica's disappearance? Had he been interested in her case? I've seen some posts that she called LE, is this accurate? Did Jessica go back to their family home? SO many questions!

I read (earlier posts) that he confessed to his mother, who directed him to turn himself in.

I wonder if his mom had any concerns about him? Had he acted weird since Jessica's disappearance? Had he been interested in her case? I've seen some posts that she called LE, is this accurate? Did Jessica go back to their family home? SO many questions!

The information as to what to look for in someone in the area...chillingly spot on.

except he's not good looking. woof

He is 5' 6"! Dang....this matches the description to a T to the suspect in the abduction attempt of the young boy playing with his sisters.

Gee....I hope he is guilty of many of these incidents. That would make my day....

Woe and Woof....where are you guys?! You need to be here to celebrate this.

Didn't they said he was bald?? That's a LOT of hair to have grown in a short time, although its possible... have a male relative who's part Yeti and his hair grows really quickly...

Several sleuthers felt he was young and a teenager. I didn't think so and I remember saying that I didn't see how he could be a teen.

Others here said that they felt he had studied crimes, the FBI, Law Enforcement or criminology. Lo and behold....it was so.

Really proud of the posters here. Such a good job!

I said that, only because I felt it was someone who moved about easily in the neighborhood, without sticking out. Also the time of morning she disappeared, a teen who drives.

I have no maps up. Has anyone looked to see if he would be traveling through her neighborhood on the way to school? Also, the kid who took LE to their "hangout". Were some of those kids older?

Does Sigg have younger siblings?

That is one good, strong, Mother, turning in her boy for a heinous crime as this.

WAY TO GO, MOM!

Wishing you the strength to get through many tough days ahead.

What is this about the mom called him in?

7News just reported that AS's aunt told them he told his mother he had done "something" which his mom found troubling and told him he had to turn himself in. His aunt says he then called LE.

The cynic in me thinks LE was already on to this guy. JMO

2nd Place state leader March 2012 in CSI competition, unknown if at high school or tech school level. Knows forensic medicine. Don't know how far along he was in his education, but to compete at this level you'd have to be a pretty smart person and someone knowledgeable about forensic science. (Paraphrasing reporter).

Sigg confessed to his mother and he turned himself into police

per live stream right now.

the two charges are related to jessica...

They keep saying 2 counts of murder, I wonder whats up with that ?

I saw that, too, so I went searching. Here was an explanation of the charges for the Colorado movie theater shooter. Looks like they do two-for-one specials in Colorado, one count for "causing harm" and one for "extreme indifference to human life."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57482151/james-eagan-holmes-charged-with-murder-attempted-murder-from-colo-rampage/

"For each victim who died in the rampage, Holmes, 24, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, one for allegedly intending to cause harm and another for allegedly acting with extreme indifference to human life, according to court documents."

I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I was having trouble getting on for awhile.

Wonder how close LE was to this guy? While I'm very glad he's off the streets, it's a little unnerving that he turned himself him. Could he have kept going if he hadn't?

I have a bad feeling this guy wanted to see what it was like to kill and dismember a body because of all the stuff he was reading about in his CSI studies. I don't think he would have stopped though. I am so glad he wasn't as smart as he probably thought he was and actually left DNA behind.

Since he was studying forensic and was interested in CSI, would it raise the alarm if he was interested in the case? I think if that's one of the reasons Mom became suspicious, his interest had to be taken to another level, like an obsession.

Something is going on near the AS house....dust or smoke nearby.

I don't know your age, but this case has got me really thinking about how I (and maybe others) grew up with a very specific serial killer stereotype: Ted Bundy. (And for me, a bit of Hannibal Lecter or other fictional mature, super-smart killers thrown in.) So I also dismissed the theories of it being a kid, I really expected an experienced killer late 20s/30s at least. I'll have to really think about my intellectual prejudices in this kind of thing and where I picked them up.

JMO, I think that we all have some kind of bias, like a filter through which we see the case. It's totally normal. The thing is to understand your filter and how it colors what you see. Good on you. It is a lifelong process I think!

HLN said neighbor said he was weird, and he saw him coming and going a lot the last few weeks. He lived w mom and brother.

AP quotes mom as saying she made the call and he turned himself in.

Lives 1.5 miles from abduction area, 1 block from lake.

O.M.G.

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that must have been for his mother.

My heart goes out to her. She did the right thing but it must have been at such a personal cost.

Does he live in the neighborhood where the backpack was found?

No, he lives in the neighborhood that is adjacent to JR's neighborhood and in the neighborhood her school is located in-- about 1.5 miles from her house... BP was found what 6 miles from house??

Ridgeway's addy.

Thanks!

I wish I could remember what thread it was in, but several threads back somebody posted a map showing her house and what they were saying might be the address of the boy she was supposed to ride to school with.

When I mapped the two addresses shown on the arrest warrant - 10786 Moore Street, Westminster, CO, which you're saying is JR's, and the address given for A.S. on the same arrest paperwork (10622 102nd ave Westminster, CO), the route looks an awful lot like the route that was shown on the map that was supposedly going from her house to the friend's house.

Does anyone still have a link to that map that was shown the other day? There are so many threads here I don't think I could ever find it.

I remember comparing the perp to John Gardner (re: how he lived with his mother but would go into the park to hunt) and that is so creepy thinking back on that!

if you look at the map the park is right there behind the house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump