ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Zsazsa - I saw that answer on the orlando sentinel clip I posted - now Green is claiming they don't exist - which of course M & M are questioning. This part is in the video.

Thanks. I was hoping someone could just tell me so I wouldn't have to watch it again. I watched a small part of the hearing and got angry, so quit.

Thanks. I was hoping someone could just tell me so I wouldn't have to watch it again. I watched a small part of the hearing and got angry, so quit.

Agree! I've given up and just watch the OS wrap-ups - easier for me to say calm that way.

I was so glad that Mitnick stood up for the tax payers. If FCA wants to move the trial she should have to pay for it. Then here comes Diana Tennis and her big yap on IS about putting up a bond and whoever loses the case pays. **BIG EYE ROLL** No. FCA wants it she can darn well pay for it. I'm so sick of her getting special treatment. She could have avoided all of this BS by telling the truth. To this day she has never told the truth. I hope the judge slaps a huge denied on this junk. I know, I know she wont. FCA will get her selfish way.

She may not be in prison, but her life is anything but free right now. All of the crap circling her now must be a form of hell. I hope.

I'd love to hear the Judge deny her wish to move the trial but I'm not counting that to be thr case. Everything has gone her way so far, I don' see any change. I can hope though.

One positive, if she gets change of venue, it could be delayed until after her appeal is done.

TotallyObsessed said:
Her lawyers also argue that her statements to law enforcement should have been thrown out of the murder trial, because she was briefly handcuffed and put in a law enforcement vehicle, but wasn't read her rights.

The state argues Anthony wasn't technically under arrest, and therefore didn't need to be read her rights, rather "he was simply handcuffed at her mother's insistence in order to prevent her from leaving."

Her attorneys, in their latest filing, note that Anthony was never told why she was being handcuffed, and "there was no hint, let alone any objective evidence, that [Anthony] had any plan to leave."

:floorlaugh: Now, that's funny! I didn't know that it was Cindy that wanted OCA handcuffed?!! and my second bold - BUT her mom probably knew she would... leave... :crazy:

ZFG hearing on InSession now. Anybody watching?

So far her atty called her odious and can't get a fair trial in OC.

okay... :waitasec: had to look this word up - just in case you don't know...

from Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

odious \o-de-es\ adj. [ME, fr. MF odieus; fr. L odiosus, fr. odium] (14c): exciting or deserving hatred or repugnance <~associates> <an ~ business> - odi-ous-ly adv. - odi-ous-ness n

And someone (sorry!) said that the change of venue might delay her trial... :clap:

:seeya:

At the trial, one of the LE at the scene was told by Cindy to arrest her for car theft.

While he didn't "arrest" her formally, he detained her in cuffs in his cruiser for no more than 10 min. until a senior LE realized there was a missing child and to take the cuffs off.

When she was brought back into the house, the focus was on Caylee and what Casey had to say about the "abduction" of her child.

Many people, including Mr. Mason want everyone to forget that Cindy's first call to LE was that she wanted her daughter arrested for theft of the car and stealing money.

Even IF Casey had been under arrest at the time, it wasn't anything to do with the murder of her daughter.

I had to look the word up too.
It fits perfectly, doesn't it?

:floorlaugh: Now, that's funny! I didn't know that it was Cindy that wanted OCA handcuffed?!! and my second bold - BUT her mom probably knew she would... leave... :crazy:

okay... :waitasec: had to look this word up - just in case you don't know...

from Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

odious \o-de-es\ adj. [ME, fr. MF odieus; fr. L odiosus, fr. odium] (14c): exciting or deserving hatred or repugnance <~associates> <an ~ business> - odi-ous-ly adv. - odi-ous-ness n

And someone (sorry!) said that the change of venue might delay her trial... :clap:

:seeya:

While I applaud FCA's attorneys calling her odious - I do think this is planned manipulation her legal team is doing. It seems to me they are purposely not building her up to be a sweet misunderstood person, but someone who just isn't a good person at all.

The idea being - let's admit she's no good, but that doesn't make her guilty. Just a pretty clever stand IMO. It is much easier to find someone your client admits isn't a good person innocent, than to expect a juror to accept the idea that your person is a good person and not guilty.

It worked for Baez - why not for Green et al too?

I hate being manipulated!

While I applaud FCA's attorneys calling her odious - I do think this is planned manipulation her legal team is doing. It seems to me they are purposely not building her up to be a sweet misunderstood person, but someone who just isn't a good person at all.

The idea being - let's admit she's no good, but that doesn't make her guilty. Just a pretty clever stand IMO. It is much easier to find someone your client admits isn't a good person innocent, than to expect a juror to accept the idea that your person is a good person and not guilty.

It worked for Baez - why not for Green et al too?

I hate being manipulated!

Umm- he didn't call Casey odious, although it fits her exactly - what he was complaining about was the odious bias against her...

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/09/24/Motion_for_Change_of_Venue.pdf

It's all the fault of us Casey-haters again....

Umm- he didn't call Casey odious, although it fits her exactly - what he was complaining about was the odious bias against her...

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/09/24/Motion_for_Change_of_Venue.pdf

That's what I get for only reading the OS recap! Still, I get the feeling when listening to the defense that I am being played, which is what I thought about Baez also, in his OS. We hear what they are saying but at the time, I certainly wasn't aware of how carefully these things are scripted.

However, Green displays a good sense of humor, calling us odious - now that's funny! We have no reason at all do dislike FCA, do we Mr. Green?..:rolleyes:

He's been pretty quiet lately - it's great to see him at it again.
What is with her lawyers and an unfair venue? She was acquitted in her last trial. Are they saying that wasn't a fair trial.

Oh I know, I know - just letting off steam. They really don't want the trial moved, they want jurors trucked in like last time. No way Jose! If it happens make sure FCA pays up front - None of this I will gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today stuff.

What is with her lawyers and an unfair venue? She was acquitted in her last trial. Are they saying that wasn't a fair trial.

Oh I know, I know - just letting off steam. They really don't want the trial moved, they want jurors trucked in like last time. No way Jose! If it happens make sure FCA pays up front - None of this I will gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today stuff.[/QUOTE]

BBM
I have never heard that before, but I love it!

By the way, O/T - I sure was happy to see you posting after the big earthquake happened up thataway in the north country and that you were unaffected. I was worried about you.

So did everybody else catch his own factual error in his letter? I would hope he is more careful in the future with checking his facts before making accusations.

Thr hearing could not have been held on the fictitious date he wrote.

Oh I know, I know - just letting off steam. They really don't want the trial moved, they want jurors trucked in like last time. No way Jose! If it happens make sure FCA pays up front - None of this I will gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today stuff.[/QUOTE]

BBM

By the way, O/T - I sure was happy to see you posting after the big earthquake happened up thataway in the north country and that you were unaffected. I was worried about you.

What cartoon was Wimpy from? He was always eating hamburgers and trying to scrounge up more - that was his favourite saying - I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today! From Popeye - and sorry it was Tuesday, not Thursday!

BBM

Thank you Watcher9, I am in the South of BC on the coast and the earthquake was about 1700 kilometres away - in the middle of Haida Gwaii or what used to be known as the Queen Charlotte Islands. It was an odd earthquake - rather than the plates moving one on top of the other, they kind of banged together - so although it was a 7.7, we didn't feel it here. Usually one that size will bang us around a bit.

Thank you for your concern - and thank you for the US warining. Our own emergency warning came 38 minutes after the US tsunami warning following an earthquake. If it had been our usual type, lives would have been lost.

Hmmm
All I read in that filing is that the Plaintiff Lawyers said on TV that people in Orange County were AWARE

Yes many were AWARE of the case...

My DH was aware of the case but he couldn't stand to listen to the local news when they would reported on her so he would switch channel and watch the Stocks and Financial news... nor did he follow the trial....

But does being AWARE automatically mean that's an admission that OCA will not get a fair trial...an admission that they can not find an impartial jury in all of Orange County...I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie93