CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I'm curious why the father couldn't wait to go on the errands? Didn't he supposedly leave at 7:30 in the morning? I know nothing around my area is even open til around 9:00 so where did he have to go that early anyway? And why not wait til mid morning since he was supposed to take Dylan into town?

I wonder what LE will do once the door to door search comes up with nothing.

It's possible that LE has received tips or possible leads from this door to door search that we are unaware of because they are trying to confirm the validity of such tips, or are purposely keeping such information from the public. It's hard to say. I find it frustrating that they have not been able to rule out any possibilities (foul play, runaway, abduction) yet; but I am sue they are doing their job.

My thoughts about Dad aside, I am glad that LE seems (from the outside at least) to be avoiding jumping to any conclusions based on assumptions or tunnel vision.

BBM
I just realized something, Does anyone know if it has been reported where Dylan was at when he used his phone or what the text said, only reason I ask is because maybe his dad took him out to eat that night or took him somewhere, where cell service was better (if in fact his dad's house doesn't receive great service) If dad's house didn't have great service than maybe Dylan walked to go find good service in the am and met with foul play or hitched a ride and met with foul play or other scenarios. This is just so sad.

Well if they went out to eat, I would think that would be reported, and iirc his dad had a home phone right? He could use that.

We call our sons #1 son and #2 son. My dad used to call my brother "the boy." The dad calling him "that boy," might have just been the way he usually referred to him.

Yep, I'm there, too. My kids are 7, 13 & 15. Their friends and the neighbors kids are always hanging around and I find myself saying things like telling my oldest "The little boys can do this while you big boys do this" or "all you little girls be quiet please". The other day my friends son was sick and I asked "How's the boy?" -- I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Well if they went out to eat, I would think that would be reported, and iirc his dad had a home phone right? He could use that.
I don't remember reading that dad had a home phone but I certainly could have missed it.

Thank you for the welcome nurseBeeme!

I'll admit to forming opinions fairly early on when I have had the opportunity to listen to the party. I listen to the tense of verb used. I don't know how many millions of times a, say, 30 year old adult has used the past, present or future tense of a verb to vocalize his/her thoughts but when I hear the past tense used in a missing person's case I do start looking at the person doing the talking funny. IMO the term 'that boy' shows distance with a need to control/discipline as the underlying issue.

Does anyone know if both parents have agreed to take a poly yet?

All I have seen is that he texted his mom that he had arrived.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

She said she was awarded sole custody of Dylan on Sept. 21. Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.
Dylan texted her Sunday evening to let her know he had arrived and his father had picked him up, she said. That was the last she heard from him, and his phone hasn’t been used since around 8 p.m. Sunday.

The friends received a text, IIRC, saying he couldn't go see them, but would see them the next morning at 6:30am. Also IIRC, this was at 8pm.

I wonder if dad had an xbox live account at his home? Might have been something he would do for dylan to make it more fun to come hang out for a week. Kids can talk on xbox live straight to all of their friends in live time , which would cut out any need to text. See? I , too, was wondering why the abrupt END to the txts to his friends on sunday evening . He could easily have been chatting with them all through the game for hours after turning off his phone !

A few thoughts/questions that have crossed my mind....

- Does Dylan have any medical / health issues?

- Did Dylan have any money with him on his trip to Dad's? When I was young and would stay over at friend's or my grandparents, my parents would give me spending money for outings or meals. Not much, maybe $20, $40. Or if I had allowance I would bring some of that. I'm thinking of possibilities if he planned to runaway and thought he could pay for something/anything. The absence of a credit card in this case like we have with missing adults is a noticeable difference so I'm just wondering if that may have been a factor.

- Since WE don't know much but LE does, I think there could be explanations things we're hung up on. For example, maybe dad is really strict, which could explain mom's comments to the press about him having a "temper" and expressing her concerns over what she think he is capable of doing. Maybe she's taking a partial truth and blowing it up, common for divorcees. Maybe Dylan didn't like how strict dad was, but most 13 year olds don't. That doesn't make someone a bad parent or bad person. Maybe dad had rules like no phones after 8pm and Dylan didn't like that. Is it possible that dad said he would leave the cell on the kitchen counter until morning, and a short time later found that Dylan had taken the phone sneaking it into his bedroom, so dad took the phone back and removed the cell, simply to enforce his rule? In a scenario like this, I see a parent trying to set ground rules for a teenager who may be rebelling. Possibly something like this would've led to Dylan wanting to runaway the following morning and I can imagine a family dynamic like this being extremely tense all around.

- In exploring the possibility of an abduction or foul play, has LE searched dumpsters and landfills? I don't like typing that but it's s.o.p. Maybe his backpack or some other possession was disposed of.

Also I'm curious why the father couldn't wait to go on the errands? Didn't he supposedly leave at 7:30 in the morning? I know nothing around my area is even open til around 9:00 so where did he have to go that early anyway? And why not wait til mid morning since he was supposed to take Dylan into town?
I can give some insight as to how it would go here. If kid did not get up- and DH has an agenda- kid would be SOL until DH was good and ready to bring him- maybe that day, maybe not. Just because it is a visit instead of daily- DH would keep to established rules concerning "get up and be ready- or wait". Dylan's Dad looks like a "Working Man"- and most likely was going to town to buy neccesities for the week that Dylan was to be with him. He probably has minimal days off. I'm sure he assumed Dylan would still be sleeping or stewing until he came home; he has already gone through the teen years with older son. Men don't think like women- and usually do not remind/call/defer to teens via cell phone if the teen did not follow through with the "plan" made earlier. They do what they went to do- and come home; especially in an area with spotty cell service.

I wonder if dad had an xbox live account at his home? Might have been something he would do for dylan to make it more fun to come hang out for a week. Kids can talk on xbox live straight to all of their friends in live time , which would cut out any need to text. See? I , too, was wondering why the abrupt END to the txts to his friends on sunday evening . He could easily have been chatting with them all through the game for hours after turning off his phone !

This is true. However the friend(s) have made no mention of any further contact after the last text to them. I could have missed it or it just hasn't been reported.

I like the way you are thinking outside the box, SCHMAE! There are so many details that we are not aware of (that LE probably is). Creative thinking like this is a great reminder of all of the other possible information we could be missing.

I don't remember reading that dad had a home phone but I certainly could have missed it.

I'm pretty certain one of the earliest articles had a reporter trying to reach him on his cell which went to voicemail and then his home phone which rang and rang with no answer. I'll try to find the link.

Everything combined does not add up to a 13 year old going fishing early in the morning.

probably random, I think that if it was his pole it would have made big news that he was at the lake alive. If I am not mistaken the dogs that "smelled" something at the lake were cadaver dogs.

Actually, around here, early morning and dusk are the best times to go fishing. I imagine it's like that most places. What doesn't add up for me is the fact he was supposed to be going with friends. Even IF he changed his mind, I'm sure he would've let them know.

I can give some insight as to how it would go here. If kid did not get up- and DH has an agenda- kid would be SOL until DH was good and ready to bring him- maybe that day, maybe not. Just because it is a visit instead of daily- DH would keep to established rules concerning "get up and be ready- or wait". Dylan's Dad looks like a "Working Man"- and most likely was going to town to buy neccesities for the week that Dylan was to be with him. He probably has minimal days off. I'm sure he assumed Dylan would still be sleeping or stewing until he came home; he has already gone through the teen years with older son. Men don't think like women- and usually do not remind/call/defer to teens via cell phone if the teen did not follow through with the "plan" made earlier. They do what they went to do- and come home; especially in an area with spotty cell service.

Yes, and I would think he would want to start his errands out as early as possible that day in order to get back and be 'present' for Dylan by the time Dylan was up and at 'em.

I guess all we can assume is that he got off the plane and he texted his mom, he prob texted from the airport IMO. But after that its anyone's guess unless there are people who saw him or his father or talked to him on the phone, we don't even know for sure he even set foot in the house, or if they ate supper at a restaurant. we can just keep thinking up possible scenarios, but so far we have only the word of the father to base things on.

Has anyone seen or heard MSM report the last verified independent sighting of Dylan?

And what were the activities on that Sunday? Where did the last text ping from?

All I have seen is that he texted his mom that he had arrived.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

She said she was awarded sole custody of Dylan on Sept. 21. Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody. On Nov. 18, Dylan flew here for his first visit with his father since that court decision, Elaine said.
Dylan texted her Sunday evening to let her know he had arrived and his father had picked him up, she said. That was the last she heard from him, and his phone hasn’t been used since around 8 p.m. Sunday.

BBM.

OK, with that slightly more condensed timeline, I think Dylan landed in Durango (KDRO) on one of these flights:

RPA4875 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:53 MST Sun 17:47 MST
RPA1041 E190 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:02 MST Sun 16:55 MST

I'm not sure which flight he took from Colorado Springs (KCOS) to Denver, but there were enough flights that day he could've made these two. Any other flights would have him arriving into Durango later than 2000 (8pm). I lean towards the later flight, @1747, because I'd call that more "evening" than 16:55, but that's IMO.

Durango to Vallecito is about a 1 hour drive.

Good point, Although X box live has to have access to internet service... don't know if his dad has the internet or not? has that been mentioned?

Good point, Although X box live has to have access to internet service... don't know if his dad has the internet or not? has that been mentioned?

I haven't seen it mentioned but I remember that Dad showed up to the vigil late because he says he didn't know about it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have internet, but my perception of him last night is internet may not be a huge priority for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01