Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't admitting that there is a witness to the crime who is talking to police/courts endanger the witness? The perpetrator may know who has information that could implicate them, because the witness was involved somehow or because they were observed in and around the area where the crime occurred. Seems to me that they shouldn't have said this, unless an arrest is near.

Kyron's case was on the local news a few minutes ago and they said less about it than what's been reported here. I sure wish we knew what was going on !

IMO, they may be concerned about children who might be witnesses. They cannot look out for themselves. DY would not
want to jeopardize another child. JMO.

IMO, they may be concerned about children who might be witnesses. They cannot look out for themselves. DY would not
want to jeopardize another child. JMO.

Uhhhh, who is going to go after the child? Terri? Doesn't make sense. Terri's silence has always been self preservation beyond fear of jail, IMO. There is another criminal element in play. Remember the billboards in Russian?

Uhhhh, who is going to go after the child? Terri? Doesn't make sense. Terri's silence has always been self preservation beyond fear of jail, IMO. There is another criminal element in play. Remember the billboards in Russian?

WHAT? What is this theory about Russians, Drug Cartels, Human Trafficking?
Please lay it out. Sure, powerful Cartels operate in North American quite freely, and human trafficking is big business. But how does that link to this case?
What's the theory, that Terri had an affair with a Gangster who offered to sell off Kyron to evil people and then knock off the husband? Or maybe that someone was hugely in debt to drug dealers and this was the payback?

WHAT? What is this theory about Russians, Drug Cartels, Human Trafficking?
Please lay it out. Sure, powerful Cartels operate in North American quite freely, and human trafficking is big business. But how does that link to this case?
What's the theory, that Terri had an affair with a Gangster who offered to sell off Kyron to evil people and then knock off the husband? Or maybe that someone was hugely in debt to drug dealers and this was the payback?

Yes. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has had these theories and knows (for one reason or another) about how REAL cartels are.

Not sure this case involves any specific ethnic group. IMO? Get over the Russian billboards and Hispanic surnames. However, IMO, I DO believe -- at the heart of this case -- we'll find steroids, drug networks, and -- sadly
-- law enforcement officers.

In my opinion there are only 2 people the "witness" could be. RS or a law enforcement official.

The revelation comes at the same time it was ruled a lawsuit filed by Kyron Horman's mother against Terri Horman will be put on hold until Aug. 1, 2013.

Desiree Young's attorney filed a motion to abate the civil proceedings Monday, and on Wednesday Judge Henry Kantor approved it, putting the case on hold for nine months.

Kantor's ruling said he approved the motion to abate on the ground that "allowing the case to proceed could impact an ongoing criminal investigation."

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday the new developments in their investigation stem at least in part from details gathered in the early days of the investigation.

Investigators believe the new leads and further development of old leads could present progress in the case. Kyron has been missing since June 4, 2010.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20200850/deputies-confirm-new-developments-in-kyron-horman-case
I don't know how much clearer this new development could be stated. MCSO states they have new leads, which in all likelihood, validate some of the initial case evidence. They are asking for nine months to bring forward criminal charges.

This is the most encouraging news I have heard to date. Be patient sweet Kyron, justice is coming!!

If Desiree agreed to this then by all means, give them 9 months. Praying for justice and hopefully some answers for her soon.

Not sure this case involves any specific ethnic group. IMO? Get over the Russian billboards and Hispanic surnames. However, IMO, I DO believe -- at the heart of this case -- we'll find steroids, drug networks, and -- sadly
-- law enforcement officers.

AND, quite possibly, high level, organized, for-profit pedophilia.

And I really REALLY wish I could name the person in this case that I believe has knowledge of this fact. Hoping this is solved soon. It usually takes a LONG time to follow out all the links. It's such a nasty, sticky spider web.

I'm hoping the longer we wait, the more monsters will be taken out of circulation, and the more children will be saved horrible fates from this horrible sickness.

If anyone needed further proof that this case is bigger than Terri, there it is. My opinion is that we will have an organized crime / drug cartel / human trafficking connection before this is all said and done.

At first I truly believed that Ky was gone... but over time, and with all the child *advertiser censored*/sex ring crackdowns, I really and leaning towards a worse fate for Ky -i.e. he was disappeared and sold for someone's sick twisted activity. Painful to even type that thought.

In my opinion there are only 2 people the "witness" could be. RS or a law enforcement official.

I can think of some others -that AV teen and his family...and the BP family -I think they were the ones that moved out of state to AZ straightly after the disappearance. I have often thought of those peeps as having something to do with it all.

As for witness safety -there is more threat than just physical harm -the Internet can be a very unsafe place and people's behavior has been quite frankly whacked out over this case, iykwim.

I don't know anything about billboards in Russia, however we DO have an extensive Russian community here in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Especially around the Woodburn area. They are a sect of Russian Orthodox and are very much into their culture, even after generations living in Oregon, and it is pretty common for members of the community to only speak/read Russian. It is not uncommon to see signs in the stores in English, Spanish and Russian in some parts of this area.

It seems to me that perhaps it was just part of getting attention towards finding Kyron. Then again I may be wrong.

---
This surge of activity is leading me to think that the pressure was too much and DeeDee is making a deal. I'm optimistic. But then again I just come here for Kyron ... the rest of you have so much more experience than I have in these matters.

I don't know anything about billboards in Russia, however we DO have an extensive Russian community here in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Especially around the Woodburn area. They are a sect of Russian Orthodox and are very much into their culture, even after generations living in Oregon, and it is pretty common for members of the community to only speak/read Russian. It is not uncommon to see signs in the stores in English, Spanish and Russian in some parts of this area.

It seems to me that perhaps it was just part of getting attention towards finding Kyron. Then again I may be wrong.

---
This surge of activity is leading me to think that the pressure was too much and DeeDee is making a deal. I'm optimistic. But then again I just come here for Kyron ... the rest of you have so much more experience than I have in these matters.

The billboards weren't in Russia. They were in the Portland metro area in both Spanish and Russian languages.

I don't know how much clearer this new development could be stated. MCSO states they have new leads, which in all likelihood, validate some of the initial case evidence. They are asking for nine months to bring forward criminal charges.

This is the most encouraging news I have heard to date. Be patient sweet Kyron, justice is coming!!

Pretty much exactly what they said when they moved to abate the divorce hearing more than a year ago, and nothing (at least nothing public) ever came of that.

However I hold out hope because I feel like they are feeling increasingly pressured to charge Terri, since the writing is on the wall re: civil cases ... Kaine will eventually need to get divorced, and Desiree has shown that she demands things move forward as well and will press her own law suit, and so MCSO has no choice but to convict or see the evidence they have publicized.

So whether or not they're any closer to the critical piece of information that will find Kyron and/or identify his abductor, they certainly have been given a time limit now to charge someone or get off the pot.

I'm just curious though how a piece of evidence can take 9 future months to develop.

The reason I'm feeling hopeful is that they said that after two and a half years they still have two people working on this full time and several part time. It seems like there would be just one half-hearted detective nodding in that direction every once in a while (if even that) if there wasn't any progress in the case.

This statement also adds to my thinking this is good news. Why would DY's attorney file a motion to abate the civil case unless they were told LE has something that will move the criminal case forward.

Desiree Young's attorney filed a motion to abate the civil proceedings Monday. Judge Henry Kantor signed to abate the case until Nov. 26, 2014, according to Multnomah County records.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20200850/deputies-confirm-new-developments-in-kyron-horman-case

Looks like they updated their story on KPTV and no mention of the 2014 date. So looks like it was sloppy reporting yet again! The abatement is definitely 9 months and not 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592